Any ZR1 owners?

Mattyrae

Reliability of Z's have been said to be pretty good from what I have read. Maybe a few bad apples on here.

I know Sprite, Turbo50Mike, and AJ had issues, but I have heard the reliability is relatively good.

Horror stories can be found in any Marque.

Now the only thingwith the ZR-1 I have heard was they put the rotors on wrong on a few cars, and they are directional rotors. Kane mentioned that at some point on here.

I would imagine the 2010+ Zr-1 would not have that issue, but I could be wrong.

I have seen quite a few vipers with engine issues, but some people swear by them. Overheating seems to be a very common issue. I love the look, but not sure if I would want to deal with that. Maybe the 2008+ cars are better?

The vipers I have driven have all been fast, but they get very hot in the cabin.

I have a 2010 ZR1. No brake rotor problems. Car runs smooth at high speed. Have not had one issue since new. Not one! Car is unbelievable. Really fast!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2010 ZR1. No brake rotor problems. Car runs smooth at high speed. Have not had one issue since new. Not one! Car is unbelievable. Really fast!

What color did you go with? Still stock interior, any Caravaggio add on's?

I've got an '11 White 3ZR, interior is my only complaint. Car has cam, pullies, headers etc. makes 700 wheel.

Have seen the Daytona seats in person. Look fantastic. You can go crazy and do the full interior, but just a seat swap is very nice:

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/

You send them your seats, think the Daytona's are around 6k.

White is my next favorite color after the JS blue. Congrats.

I have heard from 2011 on, Chevy has added a pre-cat? Is this true?

You guys say American cars are shit. I love Lambs, but they are one of the most unreliable cars you can buy

I've had 3 Lambos over almost 8 years and never had one in for anything other than an oil change.

You guys say American cars are shit. I love Lambs, but they are one of the most unreliable cars you can buy

What tweaks do you have on your GTR?

So your saying you never had oil leaks? Both lambos I have had, had leaking front shocks and miscellaneous issues

Sometimes, cars that are not driven develop more problems then cars driven regularly. My Esprit V8 has the leaking shock issue, 1000 miles/year over 10 years. Regardless, the stock Esprit shocks are garbage, hence the Lotus upgraded damper program.

2002 Murcie with 6k miles? Need to drive that bad boy more often.

I bunch of stuff. RUNNING e85 fuel. Never have lost a street race yet.

The 2012 is no slouch stock, was just curious how you gained the extra power?

I've had 3 Lambos over almost 8 years and never had one in for anything other than an oil change.

I've to had 3 Lambos for over 6 years and never had a problem. Knock on wood.

I've to had 3 Lambos for over 6 years and never had a problem. Knock on wood.

What was the total mileage you two put on those cars in that time-span?

Ive had 7 Lambos, and none of them required anymore service than any other car Ive owned.. On the most powerfull one, my GTT only thing I did to it in 2 1/2 years was change the oil.

A 2002 Murcielago is going to require maintence, its not a new car anymore, just like a toyota would..

So your saying you never had oil leaks? Both lambos I have had, had leaking front shocks and miscellaneous issues

Nope. Not a one.

What was the total mileage you two put on those cars in that time-span?

Approximately 16,000 miles.

I own 1 American car. An Escalade. That is the only American car I will ever own. And before you all hate, I coach 2 baseball teams and 2 basketball teams, I need the room.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I have 5 kids

• 2 weeks later...

Personal experience

'99 Viper ACR 18k-40k miles:

- broken trans mount - $50

- front brake pads - $60

- HID upgrade/fog bulbs - $150

- driver door wiring harness - $400

- fluids

'03 Murci 18k-26k miles:

- water in spark plug ports from washing car - new plugs, clean & teardown coilpacks

- brake light switch

- air bag light on

- clutch

- rear main seal

- fluids

- clean throttle bodies monthly to help with erratic idle

- tires are almost dead (I blame Pzero, but damn)

- suspension warning light

I'm not bitching, just comparing. Viper was the most reliable, lowest maintenance cost car I've ever owned.

Nick

I'm not bitching, just comparing. Viper was the most reliable, lowest maintenance cost car I've ever owned.

Nick

After racking 50k on mine, I agree 110%. A buddy of mine has near 120k on his 01' GTS and hasn't had any significant failures. Just the usual maintenance of brakes, clutch, tires.

fcuking car had lower maintenance costs than my diesel pickup truck.

After racking 50k on mine, I agree 110%. A buddy of mine has near 120k on his 01' GTS and hasn't had any significant failures. Just the usual maintenance of brakes, clutch, tires.

fcuking car had lower maintenance costs than my diesel pickup truck.

And therein lies one of the advantages of using a sledgehammer (8.0+ liters) to drive in a nail: less stress on the motor due to low output/liter.