Countach Must have mods...

Allan-Herbie

So I have a friend, who maybe getting a Countach. It is a F/I model and no matter what I tell him he wants to keep it original so no Motec/electromotive electronic injection.

What mods does everyone suggest doing that not only enhance power, but reliability, etc.

Things like exhaust, plugs, wires, changing fluids to different types of oil etc etc..

A power steering mod? Harry from EVO mag did it to his countach and apparently transformed the driveability of it.

A power steering mod? Harry from EVO mag did it to his countach and apparently transformed the driveability of it.

Hmm I dunno about that one..

Harry also modified the throttle linkage to make it lighter and more responsive.

Harrys car is carbed.. This is F/I.. Carbed car needs to move 6 weber linkages.

Ditto on the exaust, ditch the cats, anniversary cooling fans, remove air pump and all the plumbing, euro front & rear bumper conversion

Tell your "friend" to keep it original. Man car.

And tell him that only pussies buy FI cars. :P

He is smart, he knows F/I is way better than carbs..

I heard it from someone else......Weber makes BBQ grills :D. Why pay 100-150K for a set of carbs, doesnt make sense to me.

I heard it from someone else......Weber makes BBQ grills :D. Why pay 100-150K for a set of carbs, doesnt make sense to me.

If carbs were that great.. theyd be in use today...

If carbs were that great.. theyd be in use today...

Exactly..... when I start my car, I just reach in & turn the key.....no pumping, no fiddling with the throttle, no waiting for it to warm up....why is this modern convenience worth 100K less :confused:

today FI is better than carbs. for many reasons. period

the FI sistem on the countach is an old sistem that was less good than carbs then.

the sound and fascination of the carbs is part of the countach experience to me...even if the difference in price btw a carbed and an FI car makes the FI ones tempting...

this is an FI 25th that sounded almost as great as a carbed car, we supplied the ANSA SPORT to owner

Quicksilver exhaust for sure! I would change the Marelli ignition box to the MSD and go with the larger 8.5mm Red Spark Plug wires from MSD too (that way it still looks original).

Mike

So which is better, the Ansa Sport or the Quicksilver? my friend will remove the cats... Costs on each?

I got my Quicksilver through Chad. Got me a really good deal. From what I understand, the ANSA has a great sound, especially with the Weber cars.

Here is a fantastic video that Quicksilver made of my 2 videos that show the before and after:

Mike

I got my Quicksilver through Chad. Got me a really good deal. From what I understand, the ANSA has a great sound, especially with the Weber cars.

Here is a fantastic video that Quicksilver made of my 2 videos that show the before and after:

Mike

That sounds great!

Raymond ignition box, those bigger spark plugs wires (thanks, i did not know they exist), get rid of cats and air pump, an Ansa Sport Exhaust, 25th fans, a full set of OEM heim joints, brand new custom brake system (the OEM sucks), FULL EURO CONVERSION, xenon or led main lights, automatic fire suppression system, an inertial and overturning automatic cutoff switch, power steering, a rear view camera, a big insurance, an hi speed driving school. But no FI, please.