MP4 spider ordering

SV-N-IT

i might be ordering the new Mac Spider. turbo gallardo has been very helpful, but i figured other members w/mac experience can also chime in.

what are some options that are must haves? the freakin option list is a mile long and gets very expensive quickly. i figured i can get some of the CF through a

3rd party. and is the sport exhaust worth 7k? (any performance upgrade or just sound)

any help/comments about the Mac is appreciated!

i think the aftermarket modability is going to be insane with this car! (almost like a exotic version of the GTR) :icon_super:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove one the other day. Great car.

Personally I would forego almost every option and wait for aftermarket. I would stick to the things that are a PITA to do later.

Things I would spec:

Special color

Brake caliper color

Black roof - although wraps look pretty good these days for alot less

Carbon door sill

Stealth pack

Deviated stitching inside

Maybe leather/alcantara seats - base stuff is a little cheap feeling

I'd probably also go for parking sensors if they can detect curbs

I'd def skip the exhaust and wheels - aftermarket later.

If planning to do carbon exterior, I'd check into the mirror supports. I was told they are available - might be a pain to do later.

GL!

I drove one the other day. Great car.

Personally I would forego almost every option and wait for aftermarket. I would stick to the things that are a PITA to do later.

Things I would spec:

Special color

Brake caliper color

Black roof - although wraps look pretty good these days for alot less

Carbon door sill

Stealth pack

Deviated stitching inside

Maybe leather/alcantara seats - base stuff is a little cheap feeling

I'd probably also go for parking sensors if they can detect curbs

I'd def skip the exhaust and wheels - aftermarket later.

If planning to do carbon exterior, I'd check into the mirror supports. I was told they are available - might be a pain to do later.

GL!

great info, i was kind of thinking the samething.

are you getting one?

I drove a coupe btw...not Spider.

As an officer of Lambo club, I cannot change over to McLaren but maybe some day. :)

It is going to be a beast of a car...exhaust mods and tune and you are over 700hp easy!

I was also told that you can order the GT3 body now, but it will set you back on the order of $50k for front and back bumpers.

If the highsport body was standard, I would be VERY tempted!

RT

The coupe is an amazing car. It feels much faster than the 458. The Spider looks great too. I think it is an excellent car to buy. Good Luck!

That is some endorsement coming from Mr. I Hate DSG.

When I drove the Mac, I shifted under pretty hard acceleration and I thought there was still a noticeable snap. Not Lambo rough, but I knew there was a shift! Did not feel like an automatic!

Im checking it out as well.. I might not get the lift kit as Im worried about more weight added. Black paint on roof, would probably vinyl it... carbon bits... some of it but not balls out on th list... custom color... maybe... wheels...no..... sport exhaust... looking into aftermarket... steel brakes... not tracking it... color calipers.... carbon side sills...might vinyl it in carbon/saw it done and looks pretty good... / new bumper option, 30k... not sure about that... growing into the front end... Im really happy on the coupe :) mirror supports... on the fence on that one...

Bill is this going to be an addition or are you going to sell the cgt?

probably GTR swap, but not sure yet. i really do like the MP4 spider!

thanks for all the help bros....

BTW did you see the 30k matte color option? i think ill stick to gloss white lol

That is some endorsement coming from Mr. I Hate DSG.

When I drove the Mac, I shifted under pretty hard acceleration and I thought there was still a noticeable snap. Not Lambo rough, but I knew there was a shift! Did not feel like an automatic!

Yeah! It is an amazing car. It shifts better than any other dsg I have driven. I can feel the shift in the Mac. Not as much as I like, but it is a hell of a lot better than the boring seamless Ferrari dsg. My only reservation with the 12C was the looks, but the spider is excellent!

to be honest, i think all the options are quite overpriced. i ended up with almost $30K in options and if i would reorder again, i'd probably get a base car with the color of exterior and interior i want in leather and alcantara with deviated stitching after. and the CF interior trim. from there i would just go after market and add as i please. it would probably save some money but then again it wouldn't be original/ factory.

i saw a car in MCL Beverly Hills with the GT3 slats on the front fenders and that alone cost $18K. and i think it really looked out of place on an otherwise plain bodied MP4.

where did you guys find option pricing? i "built" one using the configurator tool on mclaren's website, but no prices were shown.

Some of the options...I think they have released more since this was published.

MP4-12C $229,000.00

The US Base MSRP does not include federal, state, local or gas guzzler taxes; license, titling, registration or transportation fees. Destination and port processing will be an additional $2,400.

Exterior

Standard content: Exterior includes white, blue or silver paint. Front splitter in satin grey. Body color mirror castings and turning vanes. Black composite diffuser, engine cover and engine bay panels. Bi-Xenon headlamps with front/rear LED running lights.

Special Paint

$2,290.00

Elite Paint

$5,140.00

Body Color Splitter

$690.00

Contrast Color Splitter

$1,030.00

Carbon Fiber Splitter

$2,860.00

Carbon Fiber Mirror Casings

$2,860.00

Carbon Fiber Turning Vanes

$2,860.00

Carbon Fiber Diffuser

$4,000.00

Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

$2,860.00

Carbon Fiber Engine Bay Panels

$4,000.00

Sport Exhaust

$5,430.00

Stealth Pack

$1,030.00

Wheels & Brakes

Standard content: Wheels are silver-finished, cast aluminum, 5-spoke design (19” front, 20” rear). Brakes are cast iron with forged aluminum discs. Calipers are aluminum, four-piston monobloc in black finish with a silver McLaren logo.

Lightweight Forged Wheels

$4,000.00

Super-Lightweight Forged Wheels

$5,140.00

Stealth Wheel Finish

$1,430.00

Carbon Ceramic Brakes

$13,130.00

Special Color Brake Calipers

$1,150.00

Interior

Standard content: Leather Sport Interior including leather dash, doors and cabin trim, Alcantara headlining and space fabric on seat and door inserts.

Full Leather Interior

$2,290.00

Alcantara & Leather Interior

$2,290.00

Custom Zoned Interior

$4,000.00

Driver Zone Interior

$5,710.00

Color Coordinated Steering Wheel

$520.00

Contrast Stitching on Dashboard

$350.00

Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrade

$4,000.00

Electric & Heated Memory Seats

$3,430.00

Carbon Fiber Seat Backs

$4,000.00

Carbon Fiber Sill Panels

$2,860.00

Carbon Fiber Wheel Arches

$2,860.00

Entertainment

Standard content: Seven inch vertical format touch-screen monitor. Two-channel, 4-speaker Meridian sound system. 40 GB hard drive with media player, am/fm radio and Bluetooth. USB, iPod, PDMI and audio jack ports for media player connectivity. Electronically integrated vehicle owners manual.

IRIS Upgrade with Satellite Navigation & Meridian Surround Sound System

$6,850.00

Safety & SeCurity

Standard content: Door, engine cover and luggage compartment alarm. Electronic immobilizer. Driver/passenger front, knee and side head air bags. TPMS, Hill Hold, ABS-EBD, ASR and ESP. Break pad wear sensor. Emergency fuel shut off device.

Parking Sensors (Front & Rear)

$2,060.00

Vehicle Tracking System

$800.00

PraCtiCal

Standard content: Lithium-ion battery with charger. Keyless go. Touch entry door system. Dual-zone climate control. Electronic handbrake. Follow-me-home lights. Rain sensing wipers and rear defroster. Cruise control. One-touch electric windows. Electric folding/adjustable mirrors. Ash tray available at no cost as an option.

Branded Floor Mat Set

$400.00

Car Cover

$580.00

Fire Extinguisher

$180.00

Additional Wheels & Tires

Additional Super-Lightweight Forged Wheels with Corsa Tires

$11,420.00

Additional Wheels with Winter Tires

$7,430.00

Vehicle specifications and MSRP are subject to change without notice.

For the availability and price of specific options and combinations, please consult your McLaren Automotive Inc. authorized dealer at the time of ordering.

I drove a coupe btw...not Spider.

As an officer of Lambo club, I cannot change over to McLaren but maybe some day. :)

It is going to be a beast of a car...exhaust mods and tune and you are over 700hp easy!

I was also told that you can order the GT3 body now, but it will set you back on the order of $50k for front and back bumpers.

If the highsport body was standard, I would be VERY tempted!

RT

Cough, cough....aftermarket replica....cough,cough!!

this is the most updated option list on the spider, but i dont see the GT3 bumpers??

MP4-12C Spider Base Price (Includes Destination and Delivery) 268.5k

Standard Equipment

White, Silver or Blue Paint Leather Sport Interior (w/Space Fabric)

Front Splitter in Satin Grey 7" Vertical Touch Screen Monitor

Body Color Mirror Casings and Turning Vanes 2-Channel, 4-Speaker Meridian Audio

Rear Diffuser in Black Composite Stitching Color-matched to leather

Silver-Finished Cast Aluminum 5-Spoke Wheels TPMS, Hill Hold, ABS/EBD and ESP

Black Brake Calipers Cruise Control & Rain Sensing Wipers

Exterior Options

Special Paint (McLaren Orange, Mercury Red, Azure Blue, Sapphire Black, Carbon Black, Graphite Grey, Titanium Silver) $2,400

Elite Paint (Volcano Red, Volcano Orange, Volcano Yellow, Fire Black, Ice Silver, Supernova Silver, Pearl White) $5,400

Body Color Front Splitter $720

Contrast Color Front Splitter $1,080

Carbon Fibre Front Splitter $3,000

Carbon Fibre Mirror Casings $3,000

Carbon Fibre Turning Vanes $3,000

Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser $4,200

Carbon Fibre Engine Covers $3,000

Sports Exhaust (Recommended) $6,330

Stealth Package (Black Exhaust & Airbrake Mechanism) $1,080

Stealth Badge Set No Cost

Wheels and Brakes

Lightweight Forged Wheels $4,200

Super-Lightweight Forged Wheels $5,400

New Style Lightweight Forged Wheels $4,200

Stealth Wheel Finish $1,500

Diamond Cut Wheel Finish (requires Forged Wheels) $2,040

Carbon Ceramic Brakes $13,800

Special Color Brake Calipers $1,200

Interior

Leather Sports Interior (Black Leather with Space Fabric seat & door inserts) (COLOR) Standard

Full Leather Interior $2,400

Alcantara & Leather Interior $2,400

Custom Zone Interior $4,200

Semi-Aniline Leather Interior (requires Electric & Heated Memory Seats) $6,000

Color-Coordinated Steering Wheel $540

Contrast Stitching on Dashboard $360

Carbon Fibre Interior Upgrade $4,200

Electric & Heated Memory Seats $3,600

Seatbacks in Carbon Fibre $4,200

Door Sills in Carbon Fibre $3,000

Wheel Arches in Carbon Fibre $3,000

Entertainment/Safety & Security

IRIS Satellite Navigation w/Meridian Audio (recommended) $7,200

Vehicle Lifter $4,800

Front & Rear Parking Sensors $2,160

Accessories

McLaren Branded Car Cover No Cost

McLaren Branded Floor Mats (Recommended) No Cost

Ashtray No Cost

Fire Extinguisher $180

Warning Triangle & First Aid Kit $60

Additional Super-Lightweight Forged Wheels with Corsa Tires $11,420

Additional Wheels with Winter Tires $7,430

McLaren Special Operations Options (Pricing Subject to Change & Requires Factory Authorization)

McLaren Branded Carbon Fibre Sill Panels (requires Carbon Fibre Sills, above) $1,540

Diamond Cut Wheel Finish (in addition to the cost of the wheels themselves, above) $2,010

Front Wheelarch Louvres $16,390

Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel upper & lower sections $5,620

Carbon Fibre Engine Cover Vents $7,470

Carbon Fibre Rear Deck Vent (May discolor after sustained hard use, due to heat) $4,080

Carbon Fibre Wipersystem Cover $6,280

Complete MSO Carbon Pack (contains Engine Cover Vents, Rear Deck Vent and Wiper System Cover) $14,264

Gloss Black Roof Panel Finish $5,330

Satin Matte Paint Finish (available with any Standard, Special or Elite Paint (note special care requirements) $28,920

this is the most updated option list on the spider, but i dont see the GT3 bumpers??

If they exist - and I doubt they do yet - they'd be an MSO option. McLaren did the 12C HS models as a special edition, but I don't expect they're going to be slapping those parts on any customer's car who wants them. Perhaps they are available, but are so exclusive they don't even make the options list? Lots of possibilities...

For instance, MSO will make your entire rear spoiler/air brake out of carbon fiber if you want, but this option is not included on your list either.

14sf8z.jpg

It seems some of this stuff is done as a one-off initially, and then morphs into an option when there is enough interest. The all carbon steering wheel from the bottom of that list comes to mind. Best to talk directly with your dealer about the 'special menu' or dream up your own idea and see what McLaren respond with. Antony Sheriff famously said at Pebble Beach last year when they revealed the 'Special Operations' program that they "...would never say 'No' - they would simply say how much."

>8^)

ER

great info! are we still looking at December/January ETA for spiders to hit US soil?

That's also what I have heard. I expect we'll know more about US deliveries of the Spider when they show the car for the first time in North America at Pebble Beach in a few weeks.

>8^)

ER

Wow, some of their option prices are insane. So little value in so many of these options.

Front Wheelarch Louvres $16,390

Satin Matte Paint Finish $28,920

Carbon Fibre Engine Cover Vents $7,470

Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel upper & lower sections $5,620