MP4 spider ordering

SV-N-IT

So little value in so many of these options.

I won't argue your point, but from another perspective think of the cost to tool up a separate mold for the new front fenders that feature those Wheelarch Louvers. Then you have to spread that cost across a limited number of cars on what is already a limited production car. Some people will want their car to be a bit more unique and the louvers really change the look of the front of the car.

Also while these prices might seem excessive they help preserve the exclusivity of these Special Options.

Lastly, the carbon fiber steering wheel is purely a work of art.

DSC_3699.jpg

>8^)

ER

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't argue your point, but from another perspective think of the cost to tool up a separate mold for the new front fenders that feature those Wheelarch Louvers. Then you have to spread that cost across a limited number of cars on what is already a limited production car. Some people will want their car to be a bit more unique and the louvers really change the look of the front of the car.

Also while these prices might seem excessive they help preserve the exclusivity of these Special Options.

DSC_3699.jpg

>8^)

ER

That is a really nice looking steering wheel. Can't deny that! 5K nice though....not so sure.

DSC_3699.jpg

>8^)

ER

so on the CF wheelarch louvers, is the only visual difference seen when you open the door? i assume you will see CF instead of black matte finish, correct?

again thx for the info. this is extremely helpful for placing my order.

what are the dates that the spider will be in pebble beach? ill be in Cali in a couple weeks!

so on the CF wheelarch louvers, is the only visual difference seen when you open the door? i assume you will see CF instead of black matte finish, correct?

I think you might be confusing two options here - the Front Wheelarch Louvers from MSO @ $16k are these:

6084712037_ac3272687a_z.jpg

The Wheel Arches in Carbon Fibre for $3,000 on the regular options list look like this:

5521143431_660e0f7147_z.jpg

If you don't opt for those there is a black plastic panel that replaces them.

what are the dates that the spider will be in pebble beach? ill be in Cali in a couple weeks!

The Spider will be revealed at a VIP event in the Gooding tent on Friday, August 17th. You can probably get an invite with a request from your dealership, otherwise I expect the 12C Spider will be on the Concept Green just outside the Pebble Beach Lodge on Saturday afternoon and then all day on Sunday during the Concours. You do not need to purchase a ticket to the Concours to access the Concept Green on Saturday. The Pebble Beach Concours is Sunday, August 19th and would require a ticket.

>8^)

ER

I think you might be confusing two options here - the Front Wheelarch Louvers from MSO @ $16k are these:

6084712037_ac3272687a_z.jpg

The Wheel Arches in Carbon Fibre for $3,000 on the regular options list look like this:

5521143431_660e0f7147_z.jpg

If you don't opt for those there is a black plastic panel that replaces them.

The Spider will be revealed at a VIP event in the Gooding tent on Friday, August 17th. You can probably get an invite with a request from your dealership, otherwise I expect the 12C Spider will be on the Concept Green just outside the Pebble Beach Lodge on Saturday afternoon and then all day on Sunday during the Concours. You do not need to purchase a ticket to the Concours to access the Concept Green on Saturday. The Pebble Beach Concours is Sunday, August 19th and would require a ticket.

>8^)

ER

awesome! ill try and make it! you are 100% correct, i confused the two options. the fender does look good!!

Have we confirmed if the MSO fender louvers are actually vented or not?

Well they appear they could work:

6085260258_b42e7af1a7_z.jpg

Whether they are actually doing their job removing air from inside the wheel arch - I do not know.

>8^)

ER

Well they appear they could work:

6085260258_b42e7af1a7_z.jpg

Whether they are actually doing their job removing air from inside the wheel arch - I do not know.

>8^)

ER

dam they look sick!

is that color satin?

My biggest complaint so far (other than luke warm looks) is the steering wheel. It is rather skinny and doesn't have that racecar feel. I much prefer the Lambo wheel.

dam they look sick!

is that color satin?

Yes - that is the 'Satin Matte Paint Finish' mentioned at the bottom of the Special Ops section of your price list.

Some pics from my photographer friend, Stephan Bauer:

6249016832_cd9f648290_b.jpg

6248491451_6d9eb09db6_b.jpg

6248491853_3ca6f842e1_b.jpg

6248491503_c1420b7aca_b.jpg

6249017064_19bd5d2dfe_b.jpg

>8^)

ER

I have pictures of that color as well from a show last year if your interested. I can post when I am home. Complete with the louvered fenders.

I have pictures of that color as well from a show last year if your interested. I can post when I am home. Complete with the louvered fenders.

that would be great! that color is sick! ive never seen it before.

• 3 weeks later...
Have we confirmed if the MSO fender louvers are actually vented or not?

Yes, the Louvered Front Fenders are vented. The elevated pricing for this option is not just purely for cosmetics, but actually a functional option created in the wind tunnel. Same idea with the new GT3 front and rear bumpers. The venting and inlet/outlets are used for better aerodynamics.

If you have more specific questions regarding options & pricing, please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email. There are a ton of new MSO options available for the 2013 Coupes and Spiders that I noticed were not mentioned in this thread.

Nick Jones

McLaren Newport Beach

702-769-3444

[email protected]

I think the front end is what is throwing the whole car off for me. It's like an '87 supra with aftermarket headlights.

I love the side, the doors, the speed, hate the narratives about shifting and sound, been up close with one on an airport runway and it looked sweet other than this nose like a cheap espadrill.