2013 Aventador model changes

canyouheminow83

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff! The car is getting 355's on the rear?! Probably a typo. The new rims look promising.

Thank You for posting this!

I look forward to buying the carbon fiber parts! cylinder deactivation??!!! I hope there is a shut off for that feature. And if there is a shutoff I hope it remembers your last setting between start ups. I also hope they can make my roadster without it!!! I just want the same car with a removable hard top.

I would imagine that the various graphical changes will make their way to the 2012s. The new carbon parts should be awesome especially the engine cover!

Can anyone do a PS with the new wheels on the Aventador?

post-9291-1343608880.jpg

I already emailed my dealer to get the carbon bits and the new wheels as soon as possible. I also asked if it is possible to order my roadster without cylinder deactivation and Start / stop. That is so lame! The whole point of the Aventador is that it is the last raw rocket standing! Doing these silly things for MAX 1 extra mile per gallon is just plain stupid. Lamborghini V12's aren't supposed to be sensible. The critics will have a field day making fun of this. Mark my words.

If they are smart pulling a fuse will shut down the new Prius features. I certainly hope they made it easy to disconnect.

I already emailed my dealer to get the carbon bits and the new wheels as soon as possible. I also asked if it is possible to order my roadster without cylinder deactivation and Start / stop. That is so lame! The whole point of the Aventador is that it is the last raw rocket standing! Doing these silly things for MAX 1 extra mile per gallon is just plain stupid. Lamborghini V12's aren't supposed to be sensible. The critics will have a field day making fun of this. Mark my words.

If they are smart pulling a fuse will shut down the new Prius features. I certainly hope they made it easy to disconnect.

I just drove a BMW with the stop/start feature....it's awful. It's like starting an old 70's diesel every time you lift off the brake pedal. On a Lamborghini..why?

I just drove a BMW with the stop/start feature....it's awful. It's like starting an old 70's diesel every time you lift off the brake pedal. On a Lamborghini..why?

The Panamera's is similarly awful. A mandatory instant-off if there ever was one.

Stupid, especially for such an extremely small MPG benefit as RaginBull mentioned.

Maybe there's more to this story than we know? Trying to give Lambo the benefit of the doubt here, because it sounds so incredibly fcuking stupid.

"I'd buy an Aventador if it got a few more MPG" - Said no one, ever.

I guess this is for reducing the tax paid to governments over emissions and I believe in 10 years all high cylinder cars will have these fuel save functions by default.

The Panamera's is similarly awful. A mandatory instant-off if there ever was one.

Stupid, especially for such an extremely small MPG benefit as RaginBull mentioned.

Yes, the Panamera's start-stop function is very annoying. You have to disable it everytime you start the car, if you forget then there is a big chance your car will halt in the first red light and won't start automatically.

The reason for stop start is for emissions only - nothing to do with MPG.

Remember that VW as a whole need to provide an average emission across their whole portfolio range.

Start stop affects mileage in city driving, ditto emissions, even though the car is stationary while using the system.

Start stop drives me crazy, i can understand why but if you have to turn it off every time you get in the car its going to be annoying.

Not sure if i like the wheels or not, initially i did but, but not sure after the pic that i don't prefer the current ones, can we see a photoshop with black.

Carbon, is good news and potential 5 year factory warranty should be good for resale values.

Topjay - did your dealer email you about the changes?

It seems strange that this info has come out and three phyiscal cars come onto the market this weekend, one at HR Owen and two at Zero Identity.

Topjay - did your dealer email you about the changes?

It seems strange that this info has come out and three phyiscal cars come onto the market this weekend, one at HR Owen and two at Zero Identity.

Dealer got the email Friday - they are checking if they will supply to retrofit and add warranty. Really only bothered about the carbon though.

Price on same spec for mine is now £18k higher than I paid though so prices have gone up like for like.

I am looking forward to the carbon fiber parts and the fact that I can get them from Lamborghini. I was about to pull the trigger on some aftermarket cf.

The emissions race cracks me up. When are they going to start going after the real harmful cars to the planet? THE BATTERY POWERED CARS!! The Prius battery is good for 100k miles I believe. One car's disposed battery is worse for the environment than a million miles in an Aventador without the cylinder deactivation.

I hope I can get the same damn car as my coupe in a roadster or a Lambo nod to Audi with an Aventador TT "totally topless" like the J. I don't even want the more comfortable suspension tweak.