2013 Aventador model changes

canyouheminow83

Lambo already had a car with those wheels at Geneva motorshow.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61771

I don't like them as much on the white car as the stock original wheels.

I got confirmation that I will not be able to order a roadster without cylinder deactivation. Now I need to find out if it can be disabled.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they want to be more "environmentally friendly" save that cylinder deactivation crap for the Gallardo and the Urus, leave the flagship raw and untouched.

the stop start is in strada only so sport and corsa it is not active and you can turn it off..

These systems are always on in

“STRADA” mode and every time the

driving programme is changed in

“SPORT” or “CORSA” the Start-Stop

and CDS are switched off.

While the driving programme is set on

“STRADA” it is possible to turn off both

systems pushing the specific button on

the center console (see image), to turn

both systems on again the button on the center console should be pushed again.

Start-Stop

button

the stop start is in strada only so sport and corsa it is not active and you can turn it off..

These systems are always on in

“STRADA” mode and every time the

driving programme is changed in

“SPORT” or “CORSA” the Start-Stop

and CDS are switched off.

While the driving programme is set on

“STRADA” it is possible to turn off both

systems pushing the specific button on

the center console (see image), to turn

both systems on again the button on the center console should be pushed again.

Start-Stop

button

I don't think you were able to attach the image you are refer to.

From the early days Lambo has nearly always stuck with a wheel design that incorporated circles or semi circular patterns. You can see it in just about all of the models from the early days on. IMO the best looking wheels are the ones where they break from this semi-tired style and go with something fresh. I really like this new wheel option for the A, huge improvement over the '12 IMO. Interested to see what the roadster will come with.

Interested to see what the roadster will come with.

Fingers crossed that they break out the Estoque wheels for the roadster!

The Panamera's is similarly awful. A mandatory instant-off if there ever was one.

Stupid, especially for such an extremely small MPG benefit as RaginBull mentioned.

The political pressure that all Exotic car manufactures are being put under is enormous. This is why were added KERS to P 4/5 CM. It gives us more MPG and about 35 HP continous simply by recapturing Braking energy. The problem is that to be used in road cars the cost will have to come down. That's why you'll only see KERS for the time being in Hypercars. For short usage KERS can make as much as 200 HP. You can't feel the difference in braking but you can feel the added boost. Deactivation feels terrible.

Lambo working on cylinder deactivation, Mclaren adding 30Hp to its cars.. Good times!

There's truth in that Turbo's are a lot greener and increase MPG. The hot set up in the future will be TERS (Turbo Energy Recapture Systems) that will capture energy previously lost to the wastegate and also keep the turbo's spooled so there won't be turbo lag.

Since it will be easy to deactivate, I am still getting the roadster. They have to do it to meet stricter 2013 emissions laws here in the states.

Stop/start??! Ugh. Wouldn't this make starters go out way faster as well? Having to turn on/off all the time...

Also, when are we going to get some alcantara/carbon interior options? What about stiching options? etc. Lambo has been embarassingly slow to deliver these options, the interiors of the 700s being shipped now are too bland.

Yes, the Panamera's start-stop function is very annoying. You have to disable it everytime you start the car, if you forget then there is a big chance your car will halt in the first red light and won't start automatically.

The Panameras (at least mine) remembers whether or not you had the Start/Stop deactivated. We turned it off about the 3rd day we had it and it has never been back on since. The car simply remembers your last setting.

There's truth in that Turbo's are a lot greener and increase MPG. The hot set up in the future will be TERS (Turbo Energy Recapture Systems) that will capture energy previously lost to the wastegate and also keep the turbo's spooled so there won't be turbo lag.

similar technology has been introduced long ago from Turbodyne's dynacharger... essentially a exhaust electricity generation turbine that then uses the electricity to assist the turbocharger up for boost. I guess sometimes it just takes close to a decade to see a good idea being explored again...

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on this?

There are some alcantara options now, not complete interior like some of us would like. There are a ton of interior carbon fiber options coming with the 2013 model and those of us with 2012's can order them (which I would have already done but since pricing has not yet been released, dealers cannot place orders yet). I know they require your VIN to order them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see owners feedback on the start stop technology for the 2013 models as they use a new high capacitator technnology instead of a battery which has the quickest start times.

It will be interesting to see owners feedback on the start stop technology for the 2013 models as they use a new high capacitator technnology instead of a battery which has the quickest start times.

I look forward to finding out too. A few of us who own Aventador coupes are adding the roadster to our collection or replacing the coupe with the roadster. Unfortunately, they will not allow me to order mine without the emissions gizmos. DAMN DOT! :icon_butt:

I look forward to finding out too. A few of us who own Aventador coupes are adding the roadster to our collection or replacing the coupe with the roadster. Unfortunately, they will not allow me to order mine without the emissions gizmos. DAMN DOT! :icon_butt:

I'm sure one of the tuners here would be more than happy to look in to that for you.

1002586[/url]']

I am sure you will be ale to switch off the stop and start and everything else which annoys you, I wouldn't stress about it.

The stop and start in my DD works based on brake intensity, I don't even know it's there and it hardly comes on, I also noticed it never comes on when the AC is on and the fan speed is more than 50 %.

It wouldn't be something that would concern me at all.

I am sure you will be ale to switch off the stop and start and everything else which annoys you, I wouldn't stress about it.

The stop and start in my DD works based on brake intensity, I don't even know it's there and it hardly comes on, I also noticed it never comes on when the AC is on and the fan speed is more than 50 %.

It wouldn't be something that would concern me at all.

I have been told there will be a button to turn off the Stop/Start. The part that is iffy is the cylinder deactivation. I don't buy a V12 Lamborghini to ride in a V6 half the time. I hope that it can be bypassed, but it might not be controllable. I already have to hit strada to sport after turning it on, now I have to also deactivate the Stop/ Start every time. I am not a fan of unnecessary steps in anything. When BMW introduced their iDrive it was a 3 steps to turn the radio on. Because of that I decided to switch brands to Mercedes. BMW has since refined the iDrive and gotten it right, but I never went back.