Upgrading Widebody GTT

Lambofan35

I figured I'd throw another update out there.  I hope to get the car back in the next couple weeks as soon as Kevin at UGR can give it a quick test drive and when I can fly up there to check out the UGR's facility.  :icon_mrgreen: 

I decided to build the transmission in my Gallardo to get some longer gears and for more strength as well as throw a new Ceramic Clutch in there.  Kevin at Underground Racing ended up putting together a pretty sweet deal for me after some thinking on my part what to do.  I decided I was going to build it as I wanted to keep the car and I just said what the heck with the cost.

Kevin took my 06 Gallardo transmission apart after it started making some noise and saw some wear he wasn't comfortable with. Something gave out and the car still drove but it needed to be fixed. So the decision was made to just build a new one. So we ended up doing some crazy frankenstein build. 

Here is a list of parts in the new transmission from UGR:

-LP560 Transmission

-new Pre-LP Gallardo Transmission bellhousing 

-MISC parts needed to make it work with the LP560 tranny

-UGR Billet Drop Down Gears (215mph) 

-UGR Custom Billet Mid-Plate work

-New Ceramic Clutch

So Underground Racing did there part to get the transmission built and back in the car but for some reason my Motec computer decided it was being stubborn and had to be sent back to Austrailia to be reset so that throw in a couple weeks of unexpected delays.  Motec USA has been a great company to work with and took care of everything with no questions asked. 

I'm excited to get it back from UGR and try to see if I can improve on the 60-130 times and maybe try to brake boost this time and try some big boost times!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured I'd throw another update out there.  I hope to get the car back in the next couple weeks as soon as Kevin at UGR can give it a quick test drive and when I can fly up there to check out the UGR's facility.  :icon_mrgreen: 

I decided to build the transmission in my Gallardo to get some longer gears and for more strength as well as throw a new Ceramic Clutch in there.  Kevin at Underground Racing ended up putting together a pretty sweet deal for me after some thinking on my part what to do.  I decided I was going to build it as I wanted to keep the car and I just said what the heck with the cost.

Kevin took my 06 Gallardo transmission apart after it started making some noise and saw some wear he wasn't comfortable with. Something gave out and the car still drove but it needed to be fixed. So the decision was made to just build a new one. So we ended up doing some crazy frankenstein build. 

Here is a list of parts in the new transmission from UGR:

-LP560 Transmission

-new Pre-LP Gallardo Transmission bellhousing 

-MISC parts needed to make it work with the LP560 tranny

-UGR Billet Drop Down Gears (215mph) 

-UGR Custom Billet Mid-Plate work

-New Ceramic Clutch

So Underground Racing did there part to get the transmission built and back in the car but for some reason my Motec computer decided it was being stubborn and had to be sent back to Austrailia to be reset so that throw in a couple weeks of unexpected delays.  Motec USA has been a great company to work with and took care of everything with no questions asked. 

I'm excited to get it back from UGR and try to see if I can improve on the 60-130 times and maybe try to brake boost this time and try some big boost times!

Excellent, Nick! Looking forward to the results and the new VBOX times.

Maybe Kevin can get in overdrive mode and get my car, your car, and another forum member's car that's there (won't mention any names.. :icon_mrgreen: ) done at the same time that way we can all fly out and meet eachother at the shop. While we are there we can steal Kevin's TT Aventador and play around wth it... :icon_mrgreen:

Love the wide body!

The whole body kit including the fenders are made out of Caron Fiber. I believe Eric at Monarchy made this a custom kit but is similar to IMSA.

I saw some other company at SEMA recently that said they bought the molds and could make some pieces still if needed but I don't recall the name right this minute.

The front fenders were based off his original Reiter fenders, not the IMSA. The rear quarterpanels were IMSA, but we had them molded into the body to give the car a smoother feel as opposed to an add on.

Maybe Kevin can get in overdrive mode and get my car, your car, and another forum member's car that's there (won't mention any names.. :icon_mrgreen: ) done at the same time that way we can all fly out and meet eachother at the shop. While we are there we can steal Kevin's TT Aventador and play around wth it... :icon_mrgreen:

Now that sounds like a great fun!!

So Kevin at UGR decided my car could go faster, he seems to be good at that, lol.

So the cars transmission upgrade was done last week but like Kisco, I decided to leave it wwith Kevin at UGR for some MORE secret upgrades to making it much faster and he promised me a better 60-130mph time on 93 octane than I could have imagined!

Speed doesn't come cheap, I can't wait to see the difference when I get the car back.

So Kevin at UGR decided my car could go faster, he seems to be good at that, lol.

So the cars transmission upgrade was done last week but like Kisco, I decided to leave it wwith Kevin at UGR for some MORE secret upgrades to making it much faster and he promised me a better 60-130mph time on 93 octane than I could have imagined!

Speed doesn't come cheap, I can't wait to see the difference when I get the car back.

I bet it will do 4.0's on 93 oct. Thats fast for the older cars, esp older Egear cars.

This Kevin guy, he is something else, isn't he?? :lol2: He has a bad influence on all of us!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing what it will do on pump gas, Nick!

I also got some news from Kevin this morning, although nothing exciting. Looks like I will have many more sleepless nights than I originally thought.. :eusa_wall:

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE ---I landed at UGR top secret headquarters....

First off I've never been here before. I saw a couple pictures like everyone else did online. I thought that Underground Racing posted a picture when they were full of cars and maybe that wasn't the normal scene. Well after driving around unable to find the freakin place, I finally arrive to a HUGE I mean HUGE warehouse full of Twin Turbo madness!!

There was more lambos than I saw in the pictures, it was crazy.

Besides the LP560 hybrid tranny, new clutch, new quick shift Motec upgrade, Kevin at UGR decided to upgrade my car with some NEW version intercoolers, and NEW turbo housing heat shields, and some other new catch can mod as well as some fuel upgrades.

Everything on my car looked like it was new or at least checked out to make sure it was in like new condition. I'm waiting to get some seat time tomorrow in the car but basically the experience has been top notch so far.

First off I've never been here before. I saw a couple pictures like everyone else did online. I thought that Underground Racing posted a picture when they were full of cars and maybe that wasn't the normal scene. Well after driving around unable to find the freakin place, I finally arrive to a HUGE I mean HUGE warehouse full of Twin Turbo madness!!

There was more lambos than I saw in the pictures, it was crazy.

Besides the LP560 hybrid tranny, new clutch, new quick shift Motec upgrade, Kevin at UGR decided to upgrade my car with some NEW version intercoolers, and NEW turbo housing heat shields, and some other new catch can mod as well as some fuel upgrades.

Everything on my car looked like it was new or at least checked out to make sure it was in like new condition. I'm waiting to get some seat time tomorrow in the car but basically the experience has been top notch so far.

AWESOME Nick! Glad to see you finally got your car back. Don't forget to fill us in on the drive tomorrow! =)

:zthread needs pics:

Well Kevin and KC at UGR rolled out some great customer service today for me. Kevin took me out where they do there 60-130 tests and showed me some 4.1's with in the car, 93 octane, spinning a little on 20's Michelin sport cups in this remote slight uphill location. Back to back runs same 4.1 and third harder hit spin too much and rear slipped a lil.

This new quick shift upgrade is really the difference this egear car needed. It hails booty and is supposedly one of the fastest pre-LP cars on pump gas.

These guys were very careful with the details on the car with lots of care I saw. Lots of rules in the place the employees have to follow.

Pictures?? I have some crazy pictures with lots of cars but I have to have Kevin screen them as some are top secret I suppose. I expected top notch and they did that. They also didn't nickel and dime me once we agreed on price they just stuck to it.

Half way home driving from NC to FL. No issues with reliability.

image.jpg

60-130 in 4.1 with two of you in the car on a slight uphill is easily a 3.9 with just you driving on a slight decline. That is awesome on pump! :icon_thumleft:

Now go out and beat up on that Evo and get the race on video for our viewing pleasure..:)

60-130 in 4.1 with two of you in the car on a slight uphill is easily a 3.9 with just you driving on a slight decline. That is awesome on pump! :icon_thumleft:

Now go out and beat up on that Evo and get the race on video for our viewing pleasure.. :)

I was thinking 3.9s just with toyos, I couldnt brake boost that hard with those tires or it would blow them off. Defintily the fastest 04-08 60-130 on pump, esp while using only 15 pounds.

UGR TT Gallardo 93 Octane VBOX Times

I recently sent my car back up to Underground Racing for another round of upgrades to make it the best possible car it can be on 93 octane. You see, I fell into love with the look and feel of the car so much so that I wanted to continue to improve the everyday driveability....yes I know I sound crazy talking about "Twin Turbo and reliability" in the same sentence but thats how I feel about the car. I drove it back from Charlotte, NC to South FL with no issues!

So after flying into UGR in Charlotte, NC and hanging out for a little bit and getting a grand tour of UGR, we went and got some VBOX times. Kevin and KC had already been on the road tuning the car before I got there but I asked Kevin to show me some of his 60-130mph skills so we went and got a couple runs that were pretty consistent with both of us in the car.

I wasn't worried about race gas so much so he focused on making my pump tune at 15psi the best it could be with some great mods and the same normal driveability of a regular Lamborghini. As of this point, Kevin says this is the FASTEST Gallardo 2004-2008 on 93 octane besides some of the LP560 and LP570 cars. Publicly, I believe the fastest 93 octane of the LP cars (HoustonT) is down to 3.87 on 93 octane anyhow with 1 person driving and we did a 4.06 with 2 people! How much time is an extra 200 pounds worth I wonder

93 Octane- Gallardo SE- Carbon Fiber complete wide body-Stage 3+ - on a .5% incline with DRIVER AND PASSENGER

4.06 seconds = 60mph-130mph VBOX

Nicks_4.06___GTT___wide_view.jpg

UGR TT Gallardo 93 Octane VBOX Times

93 Octane- Gallardo SE- Carbon Fiber complete wide body-Stage 3+ - on a .5% incline with DRIVER AND PASSENGER

4.06 seconds = 60mph-130mph VBOX

And on a regular tire. Toyo R888's will improve these times.

And on a regular tire. Toyo R888's will improve these times.

What would also help is not having two people in the car and on an incline...:icon_mrgreen:

3.x sec car on pump all day! Awesome!! :icon_thumleft: