X6 owners.... thoughts, complaints etc?

kmr

Go 4.0 if diesel, otherwise you need a V8TT. Get one with the performance pack = looks awesome.

I liked mine, so much I am thinking of buying it back.

Looking to pick up a 2013 X6 3.5 for a family car. Current/Past owners.... thoughts, complaints?

Pro-tip: Get the title.

Had an X6, absolutely loved it. Get the TTV8, I think you'll be disappointed if you dont.

Not wanting to drop that much on a DD at the time.

The I6 is plenty of engine for the X6, I don't think you will regret it.

Yeah I have the engine in my 535 right now and think it will be enough for what I need it for. Worse case a trip to Dinan

DoctaM3 has an X6M and it has been bulletproof. He DDs it and takes it on road trips and he hasn't had a problem yet. The back seats are a bit cramped for my 6'1 frame but they aren't terrible. The front seats are very comfortable. Throw some P Scorpio tires on there from the winter and the thing is a beast.

I-6 turbo is great in the new Bimmers. Only prob with the x6 is the sloping design didn't allow room for a big dog in the back cargo area. Love the look of it though. Enjoy

I like mine, I've had it for 8 months or so and I put about 15k km on it, no issues so far. I'm not sure if Adaptive Drive comes standard on US cars, but if it doesn't be sure you get the option, it completely changes the car. I've a 3.0 diesel, it's a nice enough car for a daily driver, and it also gets good mileage but it's slooooow. I regret not getting the 4.0 diesel.

Yeah I have the engine in my 535 right now and think it will be enough for what I need it for. Worse case a trip to Dinan

I have the same engine in my 335i. They (the engines) are good for the first couple years, but the have that nagging High Pressure Fuel Pump issue that always comes up over time. It is covered under warranty, but it is a pain to deal with.

Lease it new IMO if you are going to do it....

I looked at X6M when it first came out, however didn't think it fit me very well, being 6'5" 235lb. Felt like a car. Also, heard they didn't do well in snow, where I occasionally go to snowboard.

Then I saw this video, nail in the coffin:

I find those kinds of a little pointless bc 99% of the people that buy these cars dont even come close to doing anything like that. I had my X6 in the snow and it was fine.

There are a couple tunes out there that can install and uninstall in about 30 minutes and is unreadable on the BMW diagnostic computers.

I looked at X6M when it first came out, however didn't think it fit me very well, being 6'5" 235lb. Felt like a car. Also, heard they didn't do well in snow, where I occasionally go to snowboard.

Then I saw this video, nail in the coffin:

You would be surprised what the Xdrive system can do and I wouldn't believe 10% of what I see on Top Gear.