Roadster with full Quicksilver exhaust

andecorp

104db at idle and 116db at 6000rpm. QS claim 79db at idle and 99db at 6000rpm...

This is what it sounds like:

This is what it looks like:

post-1512-1345265004_thumb.jpg

That's a massive db difference. Not too loud for driving?

Hell yes. It drones like mad. Sure it sounds good when floored, but just normal steady speed or just idleing in traffic it's ridiculous. I'm debating if I should put a X-joint in the pipes or swap the cat "silencers" with proper mufflers.

I have the exact same set up and find it quite subdued. Very livable. You want a drone, put straight pipes in there and take a trip.

Just another example that when someone says what's the best exhaust, it's impossible to explain. Even that video isn't accurate to my ears.

I have the exact same set up and find it quite subdued. Very livable. You want a drone, put straight pipes in there and take a trip.

Just another example that when someone says what's the best exhaust, it's impossible to explain. Even that video isn't accurate to my ears.

Well, let's see now - we have the same engine and the same exhaust system. Noone can have a conversation next to the car, no matter how much they scream, especially if standing behind the car. Inside the car, a conversation can only be had by screaming. I don't call that subdued and certainly not livable. Maybe as mentioned above, you might still have the primary cats in?

I had QS on my first R8 V8, it was the worst piece of crap I have ever heard in my entire life. Sounded cool on WOT but was utterly horrendous when idling, startups and cruising. I was actually ashamed of driving the car.

Well, let's see now - we have the same engine and the same exhaust system. Noone can have a conversation next to the car, no matter how much they scream, especially if standing behind the car. Inside the car, a conversation can only be had by screaming. I don't call that subdued and certainly not livable. Maybe as mentioned above, you might still have the primary cats in?

Yep, that's the difference. Missed that

No one can have a conversation next to the car, no matter how much they scream, especially if standing behind the car. Inside the car, a conversation can only be had by screaming.

Excellent :icon_super:

Dear Lamborghinisti,

I hate to say but that sounds awful! Don't worry, you didn't waste your money. I have the EXACT same setup and it sounds amazing. When you get on it, the sounds turns to an incredible bite. Everyone loves the sound and I get lots of positive comments on it.

What's the difference?

Put your primary cats back. The sound you have is harsh and brash. The cats ( I wouldn't have believed it till I heard yours ) obviously makes a huge difference.

Here's the thread when I put mine in.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...8290&st=120

I have the full Quicksilver Headers, resonators, X over pipe ending in OEM tips.

Oh, it's not too loud for an easy conversation inside the cabin with the roof off and windows down.

Shamile

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the problem. Non US spec Diablo's have different headers and there is no room for primary cats. First pic is US Diablo. Second pic is my personal mechanic after the "kill" when he just put in a kevlar clutch:

post-1512-1347178769.jpg

post-1512-1347178841_thumb.jpg

I had QS on my first R8 V8, it was the worst piece of crap I have ever heard in my entire life. Sounded cool on WOT but was utterly horrendous when idling, startups and cruising. I was actually ashamed of driving the car.

Should've bought a GT-R! ;)

Holy shit!

Chuck Norris is your personal mechanic?

Funny shit!

Damn yeah, they changed the exhaust layouts. would seem the 'secondary' cats on US cars are where your primary cats are. Try a 'high flow' primary cat, seems easy enough to add those to your layout, vs what it would take for the US cars.

• 3 weeks later...