Lamborghini's new-Gallardo reveal for Paris

Destructo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick and dirty PS of the front and side-skirts.

the bumper looks much better, i'd leave the side skirts in body color.

Who cares .... write this fugly thing off. There's a new model in the pipeline. :)

Yes. Especially considering it is a body only update. No new power, transmission, weight savings, etc. it is just a bad body refresh. In fact, how many times have there been body refreshes without more power or anything of substance? Weak. Let's try to forget about it and hope they are really too busy with the new car and phoned this one in for that reason.

Yes. Especially considering it is a body only update. No new power, transmission, weight savings, etc. it is just a bad body refresh. In fact, how many times have there been body refreshes without more power or anything of substance? Weak. Let's try to forget about it and hope they are really too busy with the new car and phoned this one in for that reason.

It may be a simple body update because it's cheaper to make a new bumper and rear end to slap onto the overstock equipment of unsold LP560's. If the price drops this is why, is my guess.

The next car, who knows. It'll take some time for them to get it right with the next one too. Unfortunately none of us have patience for the interim, myself included.

It may be a simple body update because it's cheaper to make a new bumper and rear end to slap onto the overstock equipment of unsold LP560's. If the price drops this is why, is my guess.

The next car, who knows. It'll take some time for them to get it right with the next one too. Unfortunately none of us have patience for the interim, myself included.

Do you guys think Winkey is humming the "Whiffenpoof Song" to himself, lately ?

You know ...... "We are poor little lambs who've lost our way ... baa, baa, baa. :icon_mrgreen:

I wonder if the Renown R70 bumper would fit on this one.

No it won't. The R70 is designed to fit a different hood than the newer 560 and up hoods. Take a look at the added point on the 560s and up as compared to the pre-LPs

112_0805_03z%202003_lamborghini_gallardo

epcp-1209-03%202013-lamborghini-gallardo

Are the 60s back? Lambo looks like they are trying to do the P4/5 widemouth motif just like the Enzo replacement...

Jim, I think you're a trendsetter! :icon_thumleft:

The blacked-out panels look MUCH better than painted. Of course, I'm not a fan of yellow, so it could just be that...

We cant wait to get our hands on one :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe you can change our opinions!! :icon_thumleft:

My 8 year old daughter said that it looks like a sad cat fish :lol2:

HAHA!!

Maybe they want to sell more Gallardos LP550-2 and LP570-4 than LP560-4. What I understand from press release, the look of LP550-2 will remain the same as now, just LP560-4 will get these hideous bumpers.

Maybe they want to sell more Gallardos LP550-2 and LP570-4 than LP560-4. What I understand from press release, the look of LP550-2 will remain the same as now, just LP560-4 will get these hideous bumpers.

Their attempt was to make it cooler than the 550 but not as cool as the 570. The 550 sells cause it is significantly less expensive and the 570 is the SL cooler racier version. The middle child is the hard sell at this point. Dealers have been trying to only order 550's. So the failed logic is to make the 560 viable again as the latest design.