What to get next?

GBGallardo

Selling my TTG, one of my GT-Rs, and possibly my Murcielago. Want to make room for something new.

Aventador doesn't do much for me and is too high priced at the moment, McLaren doesn't excite me, 458 meh Ferrari, etc... Initially I was thinking to do an LP570 egear car and TT it, but that will be my 5th Gallardo in almost 4 years. Hard to find something exciting as the TTG, and the G is such an awesome platform to begin with. Low maintenance, awesome with turbos, 570 looks amazing, etc. No idea what to do.

What do you guys think? Open to all suggestions!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to my world, lol. Trying to find something exciting too....

Haha. There's literally nothing out there. How do you like your RR Ghost?

Get a RR Ghost or a Mulsanne

Dinko's trying to talk me into one as well. Maybe I'll pick one up for the winter? Definitely an idea.

Just so you guys know if I do sell the TTG, Murci, and GT-R...that leaves me with a GT-R and Range Rover Sport S/C.

Haha. There's literally nothing out there. How do you like your RR Ghost?

Dinko's trying to talk me into one as well. Maybe I'll pick one up for the winter? Definitely an idea.

Just so you guys know if I do sell the TTG, Murci, and GT-R...that leaves me with a GT-R and Range Rover Sport S/C.

I definitely love the Ghost, although I have started going towards ultimate luxury and away from uncomfortable, jarring sport cars. If you want to drive the ultimate luxury sedan that still has lots of power and all the tech gadgets, the Ghost has everything beat.

CGT, Ford GT, vintage stuff like an F40, Countach, Diablo, etc. Maybe even an SLR? Love that sound...

Luxury side, RR can't be beat- but I'm impartial to Bentley. Big boys car for sure.

You can only go so fast in some cars. But vintage stuff and some modern cars (CGT) definitely have that "X factor."

Never heard anyone complain about an F40 - and look at everyone going back to old roots with CT purchases!

Maybe Peak can help sway him a bit ;)

*drool*

tbh other than something radically expensive (enzo, veyron, f40, etc) there's the CGT and the Ford GT and that's about all I can think of.

You haven't owned any 911's have you?

Might be best for you to wait for the new TT to come out and either get that or buy a used one when the values come down a bit.

You haven't owned any 911's have you?

Might be best for you to wait for the new TT to come out and either get that or buy a used one when the values come down a bit.

I like this idea. The new 991 Turbo is going to be amazeballs.

I agree with the luxury car idea. Ghost, Phantom, whatever. Gives you a chance to have something different while considering your next exotic/sports car move. You'd still have the GeeDee for when you want to go faster.

You don't need convincing on a RR Ghost, you know you want one :)

If you end up with a 570, the excitement wears off after a few weeks. You already had one of the fastest, neck-turning G's out there.

Also, sometimes it's ok to try something new. Aaron, can you talk him into a DBS?

2009%20Aston%20Martin%20DBS.jpg

gQ_640.jpg

1) Ghost (drive it until the Gallardo replacement comes)

2) DBS

3) 599 (pic above is awesome)

4) Ford GT

5) Roy's Verde Diablo 6.0 (we talked about this - no need for modifications)

6) Fiat 500 Abarth - Say what you want, this car is sweet.

A CGT is probably fun and you wouldn't lose too much on it, assuming you get a sales tax credit. Ford GT as well, though you will lose on that one if you buy it with low miles and drive it.

If the Aventador was not in the price range you were looking for, I think you are limited to these. Can't think of anything else that would be cool unless you want something classic/vintage.

CGT

FGT

SLR

911 of some sort

I'd go with a Ford GT. You could also TT it if you wanted to make it like the Gallardo. Oh, and a FGT is waaaaaay cooler than a Gallardo, 599, SLR, and most 911s. Since you drive you actually drive your cars it seems, you probably wouldn't want to deal with maintenance on a CGT or SLR. 911 is a love it or hate it thing. 599 is cool, but not as cool as an FGT or CGT.

FGT = bad ass, can be very fast, relatively cheap.

CGT or RR Ghost or Drophead.... Why do the same thing with just a newer G that you just did with your 05 G. But I hear ya nothing out there excites me either.

CGT, Ford GT or SLR.

Luxury = RR.

That's how I would swing it anyways. Have fun shopping.