Reventon, Goods and Bads?

ToofDoc

Few years back I've seen the roadster at the Frankfurt Motor Show, I took a photo from the top which looks very nice, the car looks stunning in person, performance wise might be similar with the base car but the design is something else, looke very nice in he flesh.

Obviously the car was a milking exercise, being nothing more than a gimmick, those type of cars are aimed at people that have so much money that virtually don't know what to spend it on anymore, they buy it because it's rare and different, it obviously worked for Lambo since they were all sold, they are attempting the same thing with Sesto, but at least Sesto benefits from an increase in perforace numbers, they did it with the Aventador J, happy days.

The Sesto has sold out. All 20 of them!

I would have bought the Sesto if it was street legal. I tried to get a kit car registration and all but it was not possible. My dealer did a great job getting me an option of a Sesto allocation. But yes, now they are all sold. I wish I could get one with a lift and street legal.

Im a hardcore Lambo fan however IMO, thats way to much money and not enough car......

Reventon or Sesto?

I think the SESTO is the ultimate Gallardo incarnation. If it was street legal with a front end lift added it would be the sexiest car on the road IMO. I would have been on it!!

I hope with the announcement that they plan to make more limited editions I will get an opportunity to own something even cooler based on the Aventador platform that is street legal and drivable, and insane. That is what Lambo needs to do. Make insane cars that have no rivals. The only way to do that without upsetting the BUGatti apple cart is with limited run vehicles like the Sesto.

Reventon or Sesto?

I think the SESTO is the ultimate Gallardo incarnation. If it was street legal with a front end lift added it would be the sexiest car on the road IMO. I would have been on it!!

I hope with the announcement that they plan to make more limited editions I will get an opportunity to own something even cooler based on the Aventador platform that is street legal and drivable, and insane. That is what Lambo needs to do. Make insane cars that have no rivals. The only way to do that without upsetting the BUGatti apple cart is with limited run vehicles like the Sesto.

I was talking about the Reventon

I dont know much about the Sesto, but yeah at least it has power and performance to justify the pirce, but it is not street legal so that makes no sense to me at least.

Yes I agree!! I just hope they dont keep making limited editions like they have been in the past ten years except for the LP670SV :icon_thumleft:

I was talking about the Reventon

I dont know much about the Sesto, but yeah at least it has power and performance to justify the pirce, but it is not street legal so that makes no sense to me at least.

Yes I agree!! I just hope they dont keep making limited editions like they have been in the past ten years except for the LP670SV :icon_thumleft:

Totally agree 100% !

I'd totally buy the Reventon if I was making 8 figures :P. I'm obsessed with it's fighter jet looks and that cockpit makes me ___ in my pants. At first I thought the front kinda looks fugly but with the whole package it's beautiful.

@ 1:00

me ruv rong time.

I LOVE the Reventon! Yes it is way overpriced at 1.~ million dollars but there is something about the dramatic lines on that car that hit home with me. I have seen a few in person and every time I can't help but literally stare at it for hours.

Here are some cool videos I shot of 2 different cars (the first 2 videos the car is a Euro spec model so it's in KPH and had the head unit updated to a newer model which makes it a modified Reventon? :P)

Enjoy!

post-1386-1350314373_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314434_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314466_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314496_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314542_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314555_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314572_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314628_thumb.jpg

post-1386-1350314718_thumb.jpg

Would be nice to see one of these next to an Aventador, just to see how they differ.

I feel like Bruce Wayne should actually be driving a Reventon...

Would be nice to see one of these next to an Aventador, just to see how they differ.

In the picture thread there is a few shots of an Aventador next to one and the design language between the two is unreal. You can really see how much influence it had on the Aventador. I'll see if I can dig up the post with the pictures.

In the picture thread there is a few shots of an Aventador next to one and the design language between the two is unreal. You can really see how much influence it had on the Aventador. I'll see if I can dig up the post with the pictures.

It in the Aventador images thread in the Aventador section. One of the most recent pages.

Great pics Speedracer38!! Thanks for sharing them!

It in the Aventador images thread in the Aventador section. One of the most recent pages.

Great pics Speedracer38!! Thanks for sharing them!

BOOM:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...amp;hl=reventon

I am not complaining, it is very cool that we are lucky enough to have someone do this shoot. I just wish the Aventador was Estoque gray for the real mano a mano shootout.

IMO, the Reventon looks cooler than the Aventador. But for my money, the Aventador J trumps them both. So, I like them in order of price I guess. The Aventador SV will be a contender since I hear-tell it will be the Aventador J bumper and rear with a roof.

[quote name='andrew8896' date='Oct 5 2012, 10:31 AM' post='981567'

I love the murcielago like anyone else, but the design of the Reventon was ahead of it's time and tested the water for the Aventador - the lines are sharp and not soft, giving the high tech feel. Look at my Murci in the back ground... looks good, until a Reventon is next to it. :)

And that's how it will be seen from collectors in the future..... THE CAR that paved the design way of the future lamborghinis. That will be its' place in history. One of the only rare, modern Lamborghinis made.. period. Everything else been overproduced so if you want an actual rare car then this is one of your only options.