Daily Driver 08/09 S65 or 06/07 Flying Spur

GARY JAVO

I need a four door DD. I've sort of narrowed it down to these two. I need something nice and quick. Any experience with these two? I have a lot of seat time in the v12 benzes, and I have loved them, but I feel like I might be ready for a change. Any thoughts?

Congratulations! Both cars look great, but no matter what you get you still can't beat the verde Aventador you had!

There was a recent thread on the Bentley CGT, read through that, the spur is all but identical. Great car, but super shitty fuel mileage even for what it is, and can be a huge maintenance expense.

Plus I tend to think you'll lose less on the Benz via depreciation, and you can obviously bump the power easily.

Don't discount the Audi S8 either, its a great car.

It might sound silly but I wonder if the B might be bad for business. It's one thing to project an image of success, but that can be taken too far. That s8 looks like a whole heap of badassness.

It might sound silly but I wonder if the B might be bad for business. It's one thing to project an image of success, but that can be taken too far. That s8 looks like a whole heap of badassness.

Depending on the biz, especially if its a retail place you own, yeah pulling up in a 1/4mil B might not go over well.

S8 looks great in person yet isn't obnoxious, has an ass load of technology, and will kick the shit out of most sports cars up the freeway on ramp. What's not to love?

It probably isn't the high speed brawler a 700hp TTV12 Benz is, but the 0-60 seems more useful.

Ok I'm trying to stay around 80. 90 tops. There are a lot of FSs and CGTs for sale private party around here. The mansory setup looks awesome! The s8 looks like a fantastic car, but I'm trying to avoid the new car value drop that all of these experience, so the new m5 also fits in that category. I make a good living, but not so good that I wouldn't be a little butt hurt over a $50k loss in a couple of years.

Can you make the bentleys fast?

I got my Dad an S65 new in 2008. He still has it. Great car. It has given him electrical problems. My Mom has the spur. I like the 65 better. I would look at the Audi S8 as well.

I heard the general rule of business and cars is that if you have to deal with customers and clients, you do not want a flashy car. Even if your dad bought the car for you, they will feel like they are paying for it.

If you deal with partners/investors, then this is an area where having a real flashy car can help.

I got my Dad an S65 new in 2008. He still has it. Great car. It has given him electrical problems. My Mom has the spur. I like the 65 better. I would look at the Audi S8 as well.

How aggressive is the transmission in the S65?

A friend had one of those first S600s with the turbo motor a few years back. I drove it....it was nice, but the power delivery seemed overkill for the "feel" of the car. Wasn't an aggressive transmission at all.

The AMG cars are probably different.

Ok I'm trying to stay around 80. 90 tops. There are a lot of FSs and CGTs for sale private party around here. The mansory setup looks awesome! The s8 looks like a fantastic car, but I'm trying to avoid the new car value drop that all of these experience, so the new m5 also fits in that category. I make a good living, but not so good that I wouldn't be a little butt hurt over a $50k loss in a couple of years.

Can you make the bentleys fast?

I raced my Bentley against a guy in a new benz with the Twin Turbo motor, 0-100 he had me by about a car length, but I had 3 people in the car, and he was alone. We raced several times. The Evoms ECU which I had on my old Bentley made a big improvement. I was destroying F430's and Gallardos from a stop. I dont have the ECU mod on my Flying Spur.

How aggressive is the transmission in the S65?

A friend had one of those first S600s with the turbo motor a few years back. I drove it....it was nice, but the power delivery seemed overkill for the "feel" of the car. Wasn't an aggressive transmission at all.

The AMG cars are probably different.

The S65 has a lot of power and it is smooth. I like how the seats bend with you in turns. It is fast, but so comfortable that you don't feel the delivery of speed as much as a raw sports car (like most comfortable cars). I haven't driven it in a few years so I cannot give a full opinion, but I like it. The Bentley's always feel like the interior styling and the softness is what you pay for but I have never been impressed with the ride. Although, I have only driven my mothers and one other model so I am not an authority on Bentleys. I like the interior trimmings but not the ride.

S65's are nice...but from across the intersection no one (baring enthusiast) can tell that its a $100k premium to a regular S500.

Bentley...unmistakable.

I'd go Bentley 100% of the time.

a flying spur will do 200mph stock, with awd traction off the line...how fast do you need this big daily driver to go? lol

S65's are nice...but from across the intersection no one (baring enthusiast) can tell that its a $100k premium to a regular S500.

Bentley...unmistakable.

I'd go Bentley 100% of the time.

a flying spur will do 200mph stock, with awd traction off the line...how fast do you need this big daily driver to go? lol

The slowest car he has is a renntech SL65, Gary might be a little jaded in the speed department.

The slowest car he has is a renntech SL65, Gary might be a little jaded in the speed department.

LOL. I probably am. I've been zeroing in on an 08 black black mulliner with rear center console option. I'm starting to salivate over this car.