Allan-Herbie

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

YES! But I always say that car will be worth mo money every year that goes by but...

there was still bitchin back and forth about 70k-80k.....

Anyone LOLing over this thread in retrospect?

Yes and no.

Yes, it is ironic that today, two years later, the car would more than likely bring in $100,000 even being in the shape that it was in.

No, because I really feel bad for Richard. He had a bad buying experience and then to make matters worse the Countach market takes off overnight and he no longer owns the car.

Talk about bad luck, bad on the front end and bad on the back end. Sorry Richard, somehow though I am sure he is glad it is behind him. Sometimes you just have to lick your wounds and move on.

My post wasn't targeted towards richard as much as it was about how this car would probably bring triple the amount they were arguing over. In retrospect the prices the seller wanted for his cars were relatively cheap!

My post wasn't targeted towards richard as much as it was about how this car would probably bring triple the amount they were arguing over. In retrospect the prices the seller wanted for his cars were relatively cheap!

I realize that Mike, I just wanted to make sure than nobody misunderstood.

It is a shame that it worked the way it did.

I am not sure what the car would bring today, my thought is at least $100K, maybe more the market is hot.

At this time I am only trying to get the situation resolved. I am not buying the car. I can tell you I did a lot of research and the car could be brought back to a "carbed" car, pretty much as top quality as my Blue DD was, all said and done, would be in the car about $175k..car and all..is it worth it..IMO maybe not today's market..but surely with in 5 years or less..I just have other projects going currently.

I like this one. I was in the ballpark that these cars are going to go up. Just hang on.

I was also specific about how i felt the car was a noticeable train wreck. Either way I hope the car is restored and brought back to full potential.

A few weeks ago I bought some Lambo parts from the guy who bought the car...and who flippedd it for around 120k. When I see him again I should ask where the car went. Most likely overseas as that is where most of the cars go when he flips them.

A few weeks ago I bought some Lambo parts from the guy who bought the car...and who flippedd it for around 120k. When I see him again I should ask where the car went. Most likely overseas as that is where most of the cars go when he flips them.

Didn't the car end up at gullwing?

Yes. I think his silent partner is in bed with someone at Gullwing. OR his partner is the owner of Gullwing. Or.......

Because he and his wife called me from Ohio where they made the trip to see the car. They bought it and got to back to the east coast. Then I informed him it was on Gullwing. He was surprised. Possible he flipped it to them and they sold it again.

Like I said I will ask next time I see him. It's interesting because when I went to buy the parts, he had an unrestored black Miura that been under the radar, that he bought with several other cars (owner pasted away). His guys got it running and I offer to find him a buyer. Which I did at 750k but he sold it for more. And it went QUICKLY.

post-37-1418297252_thumb.jpg

post-37-1418297265_thumb.jpg

post-37-1418297279_thumb.jpg

post-37-1418297292_thumb.jpg