Rhershey

Allan-Herbie

A silver carbed car with a blue interior is pretty cool.
Agreed, except you'd have to be willing to live with the notches taken out of the hood for those bumper prototypes :(

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the things that didn't "sit right" with my friend when he was considering this car was the description. It was TOO perfect! I think we all knew from the pictures and from the price that it would need some attention. That was a "given". However, if you read the description only......you'd think this was one of the greatest examples in the world! "One owner"......."Showroom paint" was another item. You could tell from the pictures that the paint was definitely not showroom quality. My friend mentioned that if there were more "negatives" in the description, and if some of the imperfections/work needed was described, he would have felt much more comfortable in believing that it was an honest car. He wasn't afraid of what you could see on the car, but of what you couldn't see.

I am glad that other people was told the same things about this car. I hope that this works out or he will have a lot of people that will see the real pictures of this car. I am at the end of the rope at this point I am getting ready to throw the towel in. We talked on Monday the 10th. I think we had a price worked out that I could live with. I have not been able to get a hold of him since so who knows.

I am glad that other people was told the same things about this car. I hope that this works out or he will have a lot of people that will see the real pictures of this car. I am at the end of the rope at this point I am getting ready to throw the towel in. We talked on Monday the 10th. I think we had a price worked out that I could live with. I have not been able to get a hold of him since so who knows.

Lets see the pics! Does it run?

Lets see the pics! Does it run?
I still am trying to get this worked out with him. He is not making a good impression to people on how he handles a bad transaction. If he takes the car back then I will leave him alone and write the difference in money off as a lesson. This car does run but after I put on 4 spark plug boots, replaced 1 broken plug, and put #11 and #12 wires on the right place. After that it smokes like a freight train. No engine noise and it is does have good oil pressure. I am just about sure that this is going to end by me having to show everybody what he is about. He really does not know how bad this could be for him in the terms of selling more cars to people.

I still am trying to get this worked out with him. He is not making a good impression to people on how he handles a bad transaction. If he takes the car back then I will leave him alone and write the difference in money off as a lesson. This car does run but after I put on 4 spark plug boots, replaced 1 broken plug, and put #11 and #12 wires on the right place. After that it smokes like a freight train. No engine noise and it is does have good oil pressure. I am just about sure that this is going to end by me having to show everybody what he is about. He really does not know how bad this could be for him in the terms of selling more cars to people.

I think I'd demand 100% of my money back if it's this bad.

I think I'd demand 100% of my money back if it's this bad.

I can demand anything and I think that I will end up with a hand full of shit. At least at this point it looks that way.

I can demand anything and I think that I will end up with a hand full of shit. At least at this point it looks that way.

I'm curious, what kind of paperwork was used for this transaction? Also, how soon from the time the car was delivered did you tell the seller you wanted your money back? Was there ever a demand in writing?

What about keep the car and demand X amount back?

Not sure this video clip will load BUT....did you get fucked as dry as I did when I got my Jarama? 1st in a line of mechanical question, the very basic first question: How does it run? Answer: Purrs like a kitten.

Darn… I suppose if it’s just one or two bad cylinders you could fix the “smoking” problem by clipping some wires. Shame on them.

I'm curious, what kind of paperwork was used for this transaction? Also, how soon from the time the car was delivered did you tell the seller you wanted your money back? Was there ever a demand in writing?

dealer to dealer paper work. The next day. Nothing in writing.

What about keep the car and demand X amount back?
So far I am not getting anything from him. I keep trying to do something and getting nothing.

dealer to dealer paper work. The next day. Nothing in writing.

This leaves you exempt from most if not all of florida's consumer protection laws.

Not sure this video clip will load BUT....did you get fucked as dry as I did when I got my Jarama? 1st in a line of mechanical question, the very basic first question: How does it run? Answer: Purrs like a kitten.

Well.........if the engine is running smoothly (even with the smoke), it IS purring like a kitten. You didn't specifically ask about it smoking did you??

J/k. On a serious note, that's f*#cked up! Sorry to hear you got burned like that! How can people do this to other people??!! That's just sad..... :(

Maybe you can let the car run awhile and see if the smoking will clear out. I know of someone else that bought a car that the P.O. ran with the wrong firing order for quite some time. After it was fixed, it smoked quite a bit but eventually cleared out on its own.

Any chance you did a compression test on those suspect cylinders? One item that my friend pointed out when he first viewed the video of this car, was that when it started up, it didn't have that smooth "whirrrrrr" when normally cranking a V12. He was thinking that it might have been a sign of a bad cylinder or two causing uneven cranking. However, that part in the video was quick, and he thought maybe he was just being a bit paranoid.

Check it out at 0:19:

Mine could match yours when it goes down the road.

Any chance you did a compression test on those suspect cylinders? One item that my friend pointed out when he first viewed the video of this car, was that when it started up, it didn't have that smooth "whirrrrrr" when normally cranking a V12. He was thinking that it might have been a sign of a bad cylinder or two causing uneven cranking. However, that part in the video was quick, and he thought maybe he was just being a bit paranoid.

Check it out at 0:19:

Also pretty neat how the car is idling without a key in the ignition (see 1:30)...

I thought we all saw the video and I, at least, thought the tone was the crappy camra mic.......guess I was wrong!

Also pretty neat how the car is idling without a key in the ignition (see 1:30)...

That is some pretty good Hollywood editing right there. Obviously, the motor was off the whole time it "seemed" like it was idling.