Rhershey

Allan-Herbie

You do do you? Then how come you kiss his ass any chance you get? He is just a low life used car salesman who bath mouthes any car he did not broker.

Stop picking a fight with me. I did not do anything to you. I have no problems with him (or anybody else), you guys do. Appreciate it if you left me out of this.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Russel

i honestly believe the car is a total project...and i mean total

it needs at very least body-interior completely stripped down and redone

the car had been oversprayed all around and it looks like a 500 $ paint job.. i would not paint a 1995 civic like this

interior is not original and bad looking...needs to be redone

also given the exterior and interior conditions...the look of the engine bay and the description of the way it runs-smokes i am pretty much sure it needs an engine rebuilt and 99% some worcks to gearbox etc

i estimated the cost of a resto starting at 80k$ minimum with great chances to pass the 100k$ if someone wants to convert it back to Weber carburators.

AlbertLP can give you probably an even more precise estimate of costs involved since he just restored a 5000S starting from a better car

+1 Possibly the misfire is causing the smoke via fuel. I do not remember if the smoke was dark oil smoke or light grey smoke. It would be nice for Russell not to have to rebuild, hopefully sorting out the ignition system MAY help. Probably wishful thinking, huh :)

Hi Russel

i honestly believe the car is a total project...and i mean total

it needs at very least body-interior completely stripped down and redone

the car had been oversprayed all around and it looks like a 500 $ paint job.. i would not paint a 1995 civic like this

interior is not original and bad looking...needs to be redone

also given the exterior and interior conditions...the look of the engine bay and the description of the way it runs-smokes i am pretty much sure it needs an engine rebuilt and 99% some worcks to gearbox etc

i estimated the cost of a resto starting at 80k$ minimum with great chances to pass the 100k$ if someone wants to convert it back to Weber carburators.

AlbertLP can give you probably an even more precise estimate of costs involved since he just restored a 5000S starting from a better car

80K is wishfull thinking.. Youre looking at 100K + and thats without carb conversion to do the job right.

Stop picking a fight with me. I did not do anything to you. I have no problems with him (or anybody else), you guys do. Appreciate it if you left me out of this.

WAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA why is everyone always picking on me... Maybe cause you are 2 faced?

80K is wishfull thinking.. Youre looking at 100K + and thats without carb conversion to do the job right.

well that is what Albert think also... 100k $ plus

i like to see the glass half full ....so i put 80k$ as a starting point but of course i agree it can raise higher

if i had to guess ...i would doubt very much the engine and all drivetrain are in good conditions given how bad the rest looks.

p.s. i can understand Russel: it was tempting on the ad! it looked like a car in needs of a complete interior and possibly a repaint but still interesting at 75k$

when the car was on e bay i tried to contact the seller by mail so yes...i thought about purchasing it

i could live with the not original color as a driver....from ad-auction pics it looked SO much better than it really is

WAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA why is everyone always picking on me... Maybe cause you are 2 faced?

Nice try......but can you pass me the pacifier please.

I didn't you bring you into anything, you are the one with the brilliant comments. Of course you have no problems with anyone, must be tough kissing everyone's ass concurrently. Calling you 2 faced would be a compliment.

well that is what Albert think also... 100k $ plus

i like to see the glass half full ....so i put 80k$ as a starting point but of course i agree it can raise higher

if i had to guess ...i would doubt very much the engine and all drivetrain are in good conditions given how bad the rest looks.

p.s. i can understand Russel: it was tempting on the ad! it looked like a car in needs of a complete interior and possibly a repaint but still interesting at 75k$

when the car was on e bay i tried to contact the seller by mail so yes...i thought about purchasing it

i could live with the not original color as a driver....from ad-auction pics it looked SO much better than it really is

Dont forget it was originally listed for 139k. Inmo.. to do that car right and judging by what you can see it needs a ground up restoration. I think spending 80k and skimping on some things would be silly. I think this car is now a good indicator of what to expect in this price range from this point forward. I think a nice driver will run you 140 to 150k.

yes

looks like countach prices have moved up. i remember a couple years ago you could bay good cars at 100-110

i thought a 5000fi in need of some worcks could still be bought under 100k $

looks like the only countach under 100k are projects

did not remember first asking ....at that price plus cost of resto you could have bought a concours lowbody s2

My Attorney is getting back with me on 2nd. It looks like he is going to get a attorney in Fl. to handle the mess. At this time he told me not to post the great pictures that I have taken of the car or video of it smoking on line yet. :crybaby2: I am really wanting to do that. I might be able to post them on the 3rd it is up to him. If Tony or Paul thought that I was going to let this alone they are wrong. If my attorney would have told me I was shit of luck it would have the end of getting any thing from them. Then I would just post the pictures and video of the real car and let it ruin his reputation. As always time will tell how this will work out.

What do you guys estimate the price of the car knowing the current condition ? If one is interested in spending the money to properly restore it would it make sense or you could just turn around and buy one already done for same or less?

Any links to photos, original add, etc? Thanks

What do you guys estimate the price of the car knowing the current condition ? If one is interested in spending the money to properly restore it would it make sense or you could just turn around and buy one already done for same or less?

Any links to photos, original add, etc? Thanks

Just catching up on the thread. Wishing you the best Russell. I agree with most everything said here in regards to the deception of the seller.

I was involved as a witness in a case of deception where the judged called it “specific performance”, i.e. the services rendered were not as advertised. The single fact that your counsel feels you have a case is positive, unless you found him on a late night infomercial ;)

Just catching up on the thread. Wishing you the best Russell. I agree with most everything said here in regards to the deception of the seller.

I was involved as a witness in a case of deception where the judged called it “specific performance”, i.e. the services rendered were not as advertised. The single fact that your counsel feels you have a case is positive, unless you found him on a late night infomercial ;)

He has been my attorney for 32 years. I hope it will all work out.

Hi Russel, may i tell you something?

I bought a car that looked bettter (to me) than it really was. But at the end we are talking of 20 k USD: i paid 94 k and i think it worthed 74 K usd. I will not die for 20 k USD.

In the same way, you bought a car for 75 k that worthed 50 k. Will you die for 25 k USD? no, i do not think so.

A good 5000S, even FI, at 75 k does not exist so i do not think what an attorney could do, as the seller could always say "what do you want for 75k? a good car is 150 k!".

I suggest you to find a 5000S carb conversion kit as, if you like it or not, a carbed car worths more money.

I abandoned the idea to buy your bad 5000S after that i discovered the only carbs conversion kit there was on the market was sold, otherwise i would have raised my poor 42 k offer. Your car has the OEM radio and gear knob, two almost unfindable thinghs, so it's not so bad. Rebuild the engine, send the car here to italy and you will save some money and will have an excellent restore too.

Restore the car, enjoy it and keep it at least until prices will reach your car total cost, may be this is the best thing to do.

I suggest you do not waste money with attorneys.

Or sell the car with a loss and find another one: but why?

ciao

Alberto

Alberto.......I think you're right in everything that you've mentioned. Also, I agree that this particular car SHOULD be saved and restored. It would be a real shame for it to be disassembled for parts! Another Countach would be "lost" forever! :(

I don't know Russell, but from his posts I got the impression that he was willing to do SOME refurbish and cosmetic restoration, but not a full fledged ground up restore. Something like that takes a lot of commitment, and of course (as you guys know) always MORE money than originally planned! Once again, this car should be saved but maybe Russell isn't interested in such a long term commitment.

As for a $75K Countach, that subject has been discussed here previously. Yes, the price is a "good price" comparing to the market, but is it really a good price? Hard to say since it depends ultimately on what the buyer wants to do with it. Someone out there may buy it, be able to fix the engine themselves, and will be completely happy with the body and interior as it is. Plus maybe they could care less about originality and carbs? Good deal for that person! For the one that wants it to be perfect and not able to do the work themselves......maybe not such a good deal for them??

A good 5000S, even FI, at 75 k does not exist so i do not think what an attorney could do, as the seller could always say "what do you want for 75k? a good car is 150 k!".

True. I'm sure the defense side will bring this up. However, I think the main issue is misrepresentation, and not the price aspect. As islandguy mentioned: "i.e. the services rendered were not as advertised."

In response to the seller, Russell could also turn this around and say......."Yes, your right! A $75K car does not exist and a good one IS $150K! Agreed! So you should have no problem taking this car back, refunding my money, and selling it to someone else for more $$$!"

Problem solved! ;)

FYI...George Evans has a full carb kit available for this car

He will not sell it without doing the engine rebuild at his place. I did talk to George he is a great guy. Like you and Allan he was trying to help me out with solid advice on what to do with this mess.

True. I'm sure the defense side will bring this up. However, I think the main issue is misrepresentation, and not the price aspect. As islandguy mentioned: "i.e. the services rendered were not as advertised."

In response to the seller, Russell could also turn this around and say......."Yes, your right! A $75K car does not exist and a good one IS $150K! Agreed! So you should have no problem taking this car back, refunding my money, and selling it to someone else for more $$$!"

Problem solved! ;)

That is the biggest issue that I have is the absolute misrepresentation. I am at a loss at the condition of this car. When I am able to show the pictures of the real car you guy's will be loosing it. Then the issue of the spark plug wires being flipped to make it not smoke and dubbing the sound really does suck.

That is the biggest issue that I have is the absolute misrepresentation. I am at a loss at the condition of this car. When I am able to show the pictures of the real car you guy's will be loosing it. Then the issue of the spark plug wires being flipped to make it not smoke and dubbing the sound really does suck.

I have seen pics of your car and the msirepresentation of the vehicle is downright fraud. I am appalled at the dishonesty of the seller and this is one of these situations where going after him would give you a great moral victory.

With most lawsuits, even when you win you lose, so weigh in the amount of lost time preparing for it, the negative energy and the legal costs. You might find it is not worthwile pursuing the legal route unsless you have decided to make this a personal matter and would like to make the seller's life miserable irredardless of the cost.

FYI, I restored an LP400 in 92-93 that had a quarter pannel burnt and needed replacing, full repaint and mechanicals and the total was shy of 100k. Chance are it is going to cost you a minimum of 100k to get it done right but you will have a mint car and i am confodent the market will catch up with car in a bout 2 to 3 years.

Good luck with however you choose to proceed and i am sorry you have to go through this nonsense.

Not to get offtrack Rhershey's car which is a disgrace but if you saw the piece of crap your buddy Sackey sold an acquaintance of mine as a mint vehicle, you not be sucking on Joe's balls so much.

Are we talking about this car?

Winner of Best in Show Concorso Italiano, Best in Class Santa Barbara Concours D'Elegance, Best in Class Newport Beach Concours D'Elegance, Best in Class Palos Verdes Concours D'Elegance.

Are we talking about this car?

Do you have any pics? i don't, just saw the car in person. Pearl white with red interior, no wing, white wheels, euro bumpers.