Murcielago SV vs. Aventador (face-to-face shootouts)

RaginBull

Great choice on the car. Emily thought about picking that one up!

I think you will be amazed at the differences between the cars!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on having it all! I look forward to your review. I have never heard of any issues with St Louis Lambo and I am glad you found them to be on top of their game.

Ragin,

I think I might have seen your SV in person over 2 years ago! (gloss black, no SV stickers, yellow calipers, yellow stitching, etc). To this day, one of the hottest machines I've ever seen! It was being semi-stored at the local Lambo dealer in DC, as the owner was out of town and had nowhere else to store it, so he just let the local dealer watch it for him...if I remember correctly after talking with the salesguy, he gave the impression the owner was gonna store it at the dealer whether they liked it or not...lol

Having driven both cars, like some mentioned here, they are two totally different cars and I think you will love both.

There is NO WAY this will be a fair comparison since your SV has a Kreissieg exhaust! That alone can change A LOT of things, I'm a huge Kreissieg fan as well! :)

Anyway RaginBull, I always enjoy reading your posts here! Keep doing what you do ;)

Congrats!! That is a great pick-up! You're going to love how it drives! Totally different feel than the Aventador. Enjoy in good health!

Thanks! I look forward to it! I just drove the Aventador for the past hour. Never ceases to blow my mind. They got it so right with the 700, I know the 670 is on level and different. It will be interesting to see which one I am more eager to drive in 3 months.

Congrats on having it all! I look forward to your review. I have never heard of any issues with St Louis Lambo and I am glad you found them to be on top of their game.

Thanks! They have been excellent!

BIG congrats bud!! :icon_thumleft:

I am looking forward to your review!! PLEASE post as many pictures as you can :icon_winkle:

Thank You! I will take as many pictures as I can before jumping in a driving!

Ragin,

I think I might have seen your SV in person over 2 years ago! (gloss black, no SV stickers, yellow calipers, yellow stitching, etc). To this day, one of the hottest machines I've ever seen! It was being semi-stored at the local Lambo dealer in DC, as the owner was out of town and had nowhere else to store it, so he just let the local dealer watch it for him...if I remember correctly after talking with the salesguy, he gave the impression the owner was gonna store it at the dealer whether they liked it or not...lol

Wow! Cool Story! Thanks! It made it all the way to DC! Originally sold from St Louis, and back there right now, soon to be in NJ. She's gotten around! :icon_thumleft:

Having driven both cars, like some mentioned here, they are two totally different cars and I think you will love both.

There is NO WAY this will be a fair comparison since your SV has a Kreissieg exhaust! That alone can change A LOT of things, I'm a huge Kreissieg fan as well! :)

Anyway RaginBull, I always enjoy reading your posts here! Keep doing what you do ;)

Thank You, Vahid! Likewise! You are correct, the Kreissieg is a game changer in the fun department. I hear there is a top secret Aventador exhaust coming and it will be that good. I am planning to get it. I have to even the playing field, right? :icon_super:

Thanks Everyone!

Thank You, Vahid! Likewise! You are correct, the Kreissieg is a game changer in the fun department. I hear there is a top secret Aventador exhaust coming and it will be that good. I am planning to get it. I have to even the playing field, right? :icon_super:

I was thinking when they will release an exhaust for the Aventador, good to know its coming soon!

Listen, there is nothing that can compare to the quality and construction of Kreissieg! Absolutely astonishing and did I mention the sound?

I was thinking when they will release an exhaust for the Aventador, good to know its coming soon!

Listen, there is nothing that can compare to the quality and construction of Kreissieg! Absolutely astonishing and did I mention the sound?

I completely agree with you! NASA's welds don't look as good! The sound on my Gallardo was insane. I cannot wait to hear it on the Murcielago SV! One day, in the not so distant future, there will be a Kreissieg for the Aventador and I will order it immediately!

Correction: The SV will be here on Sunday. :eusa_drool: :closedeyes:

But on a side note, my garage is almost done! I have my painter at my house today doing the ceiling above the SV's garage spot in semi-gloss black. I plan to put the large SV sticker on the (now black) ceiling above where the car sleeps.

I also got my order in for an extra large (biggest one) dealership light up bull logo sign (like you see on all the dealership buildings)! So, that will be in the garage too! It is getting close! :aiwebs_011:

But on a side note, my garage is almost done! I have my painter at my house today doing the ceiling above the SV's garage spot in semi-gloss black. I plan to put the large SV sticker on the (now black) ceiling above where the car sleeps.

I also got my order in for an extra large (biggest one) dealership light up bull logo sign (like you see on all the dealership buildings)! So, that will be in the garage too! It is getting close! :aiwebs_011:

Your garage was already awesome, very cool you are upgrading as I had actually thought about the color scheme might change the other day - as weird as that may sound :ninja: - but I remembered about how cool it looked from your last pictures. That dealership bull logo sign will be such a nice touch! Give us an updated pic when you have it finished again

Your garage was already awesome, very cool you are upgrading as I had actually thought about the color scheme might change the other day - as weird as that may sound :ninja: - but I remembered about how cool it looked from your last pictures. That dealership bull logo sign will be such a nice touch! Give us an updated pic when you have it finished again

Cool! Thanks! It is coming together. My property manager ordered the dealership sign today. I have to find out the eta. My painter and close friend, Joe, knocked out the ceiling today and he is working on some other stuff. The enlarged SV sticker has been ordered thanks to Ryan @ Lambo St Louis. It should be pretty awesome! I am excited. Joe came up with some other great ideas. It should be fun! I'll wait till this stage is all done before posting pics.

Congrats mate! There's one for sale here in the UK same color and spec as yours but it's price is pretty steep!

Thanks! What is the asking price over there? There are some good deals here. I could have gotten one cheaper, but I liked this car. Once they are sold to people like me who will keep it for a long time, they will go up.

Where did you get it? Can you please PM details? Thank you

Not to get off topic but you got a Range? Pics please in another thread?? :D

Actually, today it is somewhat on topic! Since my painter was painting in the Lamborghini garage all day, I moved my Aventador in to the garage with the Range Rover and 612. I just took some pics. Low key night at home with the wife and baby after a long week of catching up with work after Miami. We got the Rover a few weeks ago. :icon_thumleft:

post-24086-1353117508_thumb.jpg

post-24086-1353117522_thumb.jpg

post-24086-1353117543_thumb.jpg

Where did you get it? Can you please PM details? Thank you

I ordered the sign from the dealer who sold me the Aventador, Lamborghini West Palm. I will private message you the pricing. The sign comes in various sizes. I ordered the biggest one. It isn't cheap, but it comes right from Italy as it would to be hung at a dealership. You should be able to order it from any dealership. You just have to ask. :monkeyleft: :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

PM sent.

Ragin,

I got word my 670 has never been to DC. Must have been a different car! There are only a few in black in the USA. I am sure Roy knows that number. :eusa_think: Paging Mr. Cats :icon_thumleft:

Guest Moss
Cool! Thanks! It is coming together. My property manager ordered the dealership sign today. I have to find out the eta. My painter and close friend, Joe, knocked out the ceiling today and he is working on some other stuff. The enlarged SV sticker has been ordered thanks to Ryan @ Lambo St Louis. It should be pretty awesome! I am excited. Joe came up with some other great ideas. It should be fun! I'll wait till this stage is all done before posting pics.

Thanks! What is the asking price over there? There are some good deals here. I could have gotten one cheaper, but I liked this car. Once they are sold to people like me who will keep it for a long time, they will go up.

Kris, your better than me. I would not keep it over a year, haha.

I ordered the sign from the dealer who sold me the Aventador, Lamborghini West Palm. I will private message you the pricing. The sign comes in various sizes. I ordered the biggest one. It isn't cheap, but it comes right from Italy as it would to be hung at a dealership. You should be able to order it from any dealership. You just have to ask. :monkeyleft: :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

PM sent.

Thank you, got it :icon_thumleft:

I might be able to get the one from the Sydney dealer since they went bankrupt I don't think they will have much use for it.

Thank you, got it :icon_thumleft:

I might be able to get the one from the Sydney dealer since they went bankrupt I don't think they will have much use for it.

:icon_thumleft:

I got word my 670 has never been to DC. Must have been a different car! There are only a few in black in the USA. I am sure Roy knows that number. :eusa_think: Paging Mr. Cats :icon_thumleft:

Yes, I probably should have clarified that I don't think the owner of the gloss black SV I saw lived in DC...I think for some reason the car was in the DC area being "stored" at the dealership, as the owner lived elsewhere. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was ever part of the inventory of the DC Lambo dealership. I believe the owner at that time reportedly lived in Florida (maybe South Florida...not sure) and maybe the SV was somehow in transit somewhere and was being kept at the DC dealership in the interim?

Maybe you can check if your car was ever owned in Florida?

Yes, I probably should have clarified that I don't think the owner of the gloss black SV I saw lived in DC...I think for some reason the car was in the DC area being "stored" at the dealership, as the owner lived elsewhere. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was ever part of the inventory of the DC Lambo dealership. I believe the owner at that time reportedly lived in Florida (maybe South Florida...not sure) and maybe the SV was somehow in transit somewhere and was being kept at the DC dealership in the interim?

Maybe you can check if your car was ever owned in Florida?

It was never owned by anyone from FL. I think there were a few black SV's in the USA. Roy Cats wrote once that it is the least desirable color, so I would think from his point of view there must be a decent amount (of the 38 total cars here). What is desirable to me is what looks good to me. I like the Orange, Yellow and Black. Orange might be my favorite in the SV. I like my black because it has the stealth look without the stickers and the smoked out lights. I do not like the Grey as much. The Red one that Miami had was cool too, but that was a 1 of 1 color. Red, Orange and Yellow have a nice contrast with the matte black areas.