best sports car under 30k

1meanGSL

A mid-2000 model year AMG will have nasty maintenance costs. There is a reason for the steep depreciation.

Do you have an example of a yearly maintenance estimate for these? I compare everything to Diablo maintenance so I doubt I will consider it bad. I have searched around on both benz forums in the past and couldn't find too much.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have an example of a yearly maintenance estimate for these? I compare everything to Diablo maintenance so I doubt I will consider it bad. I have searched around on both benz forums in the past and couldn't find too much.

Not on hand. I researched ~2005 AMG e-classes for a bit and remember reading plenty of horror stories.

When my 2003 cl500 suspension was about to give up I got a 13k quote from an indie to fix it. Old benzes are just as expensive as new benzes to fix! Stupid money to spend 13k on a 15k car.

I could have sworn I looked but I just found a ton of info on MBworld and yep you guys are right. Seems like 15-20k a year can happen with the S65/600. E55 I would be less worried about. It also seems hard to find warranties anymore. Definitely something to consider. And to think I was worried a Maserati Quattroporte would be a maintenance headache.

I thought the V6 mustang drove like a box truck. I can think of lots of better ways to spend 20k+

FR-S for example...

Have you driven one? They are no E46 when it comes to handling feel but it has a very nice chassis. It has a phenomenal engine and can be a very fun car if you are willing to spend a couple grand on stickier tires and suspension modifications...there is a HUGE market.

It all comes down to what exactly he wants out of his vehicle. If he wants something that he can drive everyday and carry more than one extra person then I would pick up the mustang. If he wants something fun strictly for the weekend/track then I would pick up the FR-S.

1002102[/url]']

Have you driven one? They are no E46 when it comes to handling feel but it has a very nice chassis. It has a phenomenal engine and can be a very fun car if you are willing to spend a couple grand on stickier tires and suspension modifications...there is a HUGE market.

It all comes down to what exactly he wants out of his vehicle. If he wants something that he can drive everyday and carry more than one extra person then I would pick up the mustang. If he wants something fun strictly for the weekend/track then I would pick up the FR-S.

I have driven the new Mustang with the V6 in manual. I imagine with a few grand, it could be fun- but why not throw that 30k into a used car? I am afraid to drive the FR-S, as I think I'll fall in love with it. I sat in one the other day and I was impressed: Very nice driver contact point feel, solid clutch and gear box- everything seems driver oriented. But I wonder if one could be driven every day, the backseat is superlative- it is almost a true two-seater.

I've had my Genesis Coupe 3.8 for 3.5 years now and I love it!

It's not the most impressive car on the road, but for 30k, it's a pretty good car. One of the closest things you can get to a sports car for the money. I've been daily driving it since I got it. No surprise maintenance issues to speak of.

Even more impressive, my car is 3.5 years old, had a sticker price of $30,989 and with a quick search online, it shows they are still being listed for over 22k

8k depreciation in 3.5 years is a fcuking bargain!