• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geno Smith WOW 45-51 for 656 and 8 tds!

West Virginia 70, Baylor 63.

The over under goes to the guy who picked 133.

I thought you never had Ohio State in the top 25 because of the sancations. Im guessing then they are so low because of their shit season last season? And ive been to both home Cincy games this year, they are no where NEAR a top 10 team. The Pitt team they played was a joke as well as Upper New england state technical university A&M this weekend....

I watched the first half of the OSU game. I have them ranked right.

I'm also watching Cincinnati and VT right now. I'm pretty impressed with Cincinnatis speed on offense. Their secondary on D looks great. If they have a weakness it's on the lines.

Plus, as long as they keep winning, I get to keep saying "Munchie Lagaux".

Really looking forward to the big Towson LSU match up. Then I'm going to go beat some baby fur seals to death with a baseball bat and feel accomplished.

Florida State letdown alert ... Up 13-10 on South Florida

I smell a bunch of upsets tonight. Dont know why yet... Don't know where. But I can hear the hue and cry winding itself up.

RD, make sure that baby seal doesn't also have a club because LSU's does......

Come on upset.

Best

And the Mr. Blackwell Award for outstanding achievment in ugly gay uniforms goes to Wisconson and Nebraska.

That fricken baylor game was nuts! Pulling for the lobos as Id like to see their program pick up a decent win (even though Boise State doesn't look as good this season).

And nevermind, Lobos lost...Much better this season than they were last season though!

I went to a water polo match and the Louisville Southern Miss football game broke out...

Texas 34, Oklahoma St 33

Wisconson nebraska tied at 27

Both games in the fourth. DAMN!

I understood the explanation of the rule but its a fumble regardless right? At worst, i dont think he got in.

1. He did NOT get into the end zone.... There was irrefutable video evidence that he fumbled it prior to crossing the line. ( But even if he DIDNT fumble it, he never got into the end zone...Hell, His HELMET didnt cross the line, how could the ball have?)

2. The fumble was recovered in the end zone by OSU #8.

Touchback. OSU ball on the 20 with 8 seconds left.

Oregon 23 wash st 19 going into the half. If wasu can keep them from scoring 200 in the third quarter, they've got a shot to knock them off.

It's going to take some time for the top 25. Never mind that three top 25 teams are still playing, my son just spilled an entire glass of water into the keyboard on the bigass computer I use to calculate it all.

Wow... A lot of big close games... Much better week than I anticipated...

Top 25:

1 Alabama

2 LSU

3 Oregon

4 South Carolina

5 TCU

6 West VA

7 Cinci

8 Kansas St

9 Georgia

10 Florida State

11 Rutgers

12 Ohio

13 Texas

14 Notre Dame

15 Louisiana Tech

16 Florida

17 Mississippi St

18 Louisville

19 Texas Tech

20 Northwestern

21 Ohio State

22 Oregon St

23 UTSA

24 Toledo

25 Washington

Knocking on the door: Baylor, Oklahoma, Purdue, Texas A&M and Clemson.

So.... Were beginning week 6 of the NCAA football season.... The mid way point... And what Im struck by is how pathetic some of the scheduling is....

I was about to announce that the Big 12 is the "Best" conference as they still 50%of their teams undefeated...

The SEC is #2 with 42.86% undefeated....

But then I realized, all the Division 1AA teams these two conferences were playing. I hadnt calculated so a quick google of "SEC playing Cupcakes" gave me this article.

The Big 12 plays more FCS schools than anybody.... And the SEC is #2.

So... Are my results proof that the Big 12 and the SEC are the two best conferences?

YES and NO....

Lets look past the sandbagging.... Lets look at the games themselves.

The Big 12 seems pretty good this year top to bottom.. Surprisingly the Oklahoma teams are struggling, but they can still go head to head with any team in the country and win, and of course Kansas is always a perpetual punching bag... The rest of the teams, Kansas St (this may be the best team in the country right now- Certainly they've impressed me more than any other), TCU, West VA, Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa St, Baylor are all Pretty good, despite the easy going autumn schedule...

Now lets look at the SEC...

Alabama looks legitimately good.. But again, they havent really played a good team yet (I was right about Michigan NOT being good).

Lets start with the bottom of the conference....

Vanderbilt. OK... Every conference needs a doormat.... Free pass...

Kentucky- Kentucky SUCKS... And theyve sucked for a long time... Losses to Louisville and Western Kentucky... And yet they went head to head with SOUTH CAROLINA at the top of the conference??? HMMMM....

Arkansas SUCKS... They are fcuking HORRIBLE this year...

Auburn SUCKS.... They are almost as bad as Arkansas!!!

Ole Miss? Doesnt exacty make the world shake with fear now do they?

Miss St... Great record so far, but theyve only played the shitty teams above and a couple of 1AA schools.

A&M- Again... decent record- 1 loss to Florida, but wins over not very impressive teams.

LSU has struggled in some games that SHOULD have been easy.... So the season in the West comes down to 1 game... Alabama LSU... And whoever wins it goes to play the champion of the east... They've reduced their seasons to 3 games... LSU/Alabama, SEC Championship, National Championship.

In the East Florida and Georgia look pretty good... As noted, South Carolina showed some SERIOUS vulnerability last night... Tennessee is still a few years from really being a national team again... And Missouri looks to be filling the role of "also ran".

So for a conference with 4 and a half good teams out of 14 Im supposed to let it go theyre playing division 1AA schools a quarter of the year?