NCAA Football Thread

Roman

Notre Dame has entered into the ACC in all sports except football.... Will play 5 ACC football games a year...

Besides being Notre Dame, how does one get away with this?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Upset alert... 2 loss PITTSBURGH (ranked # 114 in my list) is taking Virginia tech to the woodshed.... 21-3 heading into the half.

Is it in the Kansas Constitution that the Jayhawks head coach has to be morbidly obese?

If you just missed the last play of the half of the Auburn La monroe game, don't worry. You'll be seeing it in every highlight reel for The next twenty years.

That team from Louisiana I'd never heard of before, that beat Arkansas last week, is set up to do it to Auburn this week....

Did NOT see that Pitt upset coming and Auburn barely pulled it out. How must Arkansas fans be feeling and how good is Alabama, seriously! Been a good Stanford/USC game but i think Barkley and Kiffin finally win one against them.

I just want to point out, I am the ONLY PERSON IN THE COUNTRY that had Stanford ranked HIGHER than USC.... Like I said, they just haven';t earned it yet, baby...

They LOOKED VULGAR ON OFFENSE.

Their blocking was for shit.... Barkley spent more time on his back than a thai hooker. He kept trying the short underneath routes, and they werent being caught- PICK YOUR EYES UP AND LOOK DOWN FIELD! . And the play calling left a LOT TO BE DESIRED.... 4th down and 239 yards to go, AND THEY CALL A MOTHERFUCKING DRAW UP THE MIDDLE WITH A 2nd STRING BANGED UP TB???.... What the fcuking fcuk was that?

Defensively, they still look pretty good except for the D Line, which is too small, too slow and cant get off a block if their lives depended on it.

Special Teams is an unmitigated disaster... The idea that you cant even TRY to kick a field goal, is pathetic. Even if they had managed to tie it up, they could not have won overtime without a kicker. The punter was spotty at best, and they gave up some big plays on cover.

If there was a heisman trophy candidate in that game, it was the kid from Upland (my childhood home town).

Top 25 for week 3:

USC, Michigan St, Louisiana Laffeyette and Virginia, OUT...

Missiissipppippiiipi State, Louisville, Iowa State, Texas Tech and Northwestern In.

1 Alabama

2 LSU

3 Oregon

4 South Carolina

5 Stanford

6 TCU

7 West VA

8 Baylor

9 Oklahoma

10 Cinci

11 Kansas St

12 Georgia

13 Clemson

14 Florida State

15 Rutgers

16 Ohio

17 Texas

18 Notre Dame

19 Louisiana Tech

20 Florida

21 Mississippi St

22 Louisville

23 Iowa State

24 Texas Tech

25 Northwestern

On the bubble: Ohio State, UCLA, Oregon St., The University of Texas Satellite Campus off the I-10 somewhere near the suburbs of San Antonio, and Arizona.

Worst BCS conference school is still 3 loss Colorado. (hey guys, I think you're confused... You don't get to draft Matt Barkley next year if you do really bad...)

Worst team in the Country- Memphis. Idaho has actually moved out of the gutter to be the third worst team in the country! GO VANDALS!!!

Im happy to announce Pederast Tech has broken the top 100.... fcuk you anyways.

Compare my poll to todays AP Poll. AP still has USC ranked 13... I dont have USC ranked in the top 30 after that performance last night. "But whats it really matter at this point?"

It matters because they are going to drop AT LEAST TWO MORE GAMES AND PROBABLY THREE (or more)...

They have ZERO shot against Oregon.

They will struggle with Notre Dame and UCLA.

And they will be lucky to split the Arizona teams.

I get the sense that Stanford is probably the third, or fourth best team in the Pac 12... And that bodes very bad for the rest idf SCs season.

And this artificially high pre-season ranking (which is artificially high for about a dozen other teams as well, Im just using SC as an example of why the polls suck ass), THAT NEVER REALLY GOES DOWN VERY SIGNIFICANTLY EVEN AFTER ITS SHOWN TO BE A COMPLETE fcuking JOKE, is used to catapult OTHER mediocre teams higher when they beat them.

Its Chess by Straw Man.

There is ZERO logical way somebody looked at that team, pre-season, and honestly came to the conclusion they were the best team in the country... JUST with their lack of DEPTH thanks to the sanctions, there is no way anybody could conclude they were #1. Combine that with the obvious lack of size in the bigboy dept, their lack of a stand out runner, and their lack of any real defensive superstars compared to SC TEAMS IN THE PAST that didnt get the job done, and youd have to have your head up your ass to pick them pre-season number 1..... Or.... you had another agenda all together.

I thought you never had Ohio State in the top 25 because of the sancations. Im guessing then they are so low because of their shit season last season? And ive been to both home Cincy games this year, they are no where NEAR a top 10 team. The Pitt team they played was a joke as well as Upper New england state technical university A&M this weekend....

I thought you never had Ohio State in the top 25 because of the sancations. Im guessing then they are so low because of their shit season last season? And ive been to both home Cincy games this year, they are no where NEAR a top 10 team. The Pitt team they played was a joke as well as Upper New england state technical university A&M this weekend....

The "Joke" pitt team, beat the living shit out of Virginia Tech this weekend.

Thats why i said, the joke team that they played. The team that played UC and the team that beat the shit out of VT are on two completely different levels.

Thats why i said, the joke team that they played. The team that played UC and the team that beat the shit out of VT are on two completely different levels.

And I have no way to quantitate that... Cinci stays where they are until somebody beats them. This weekend they have Virginia Tech. If they get rolled by them, then your theory that Pitt has dramatically improved in the last two weeks will be validated...

If they get past them, their next challenge will be Louisville. And somethings got to give there.

The Louisiana Monroe Miracle Season rolls on... They are up 21 to 14 at home against Baylor, Heading into the half...

Update.... All tied....

Week 4... Looks to have some good match ups that will shake some things out...

#9 Oklahoma goes up against #11 Kansas St.

#13 Clemson at #14 Florida St.

A Big Pac 12 showdown between Arizona and Oregon (too bad for you sleepy heads on the east coast... Its on past your bed times).

And

#1 Alabama versus #108 Florida Atlantic.

What the fcuking fcuk? Its week four for Christs sake! These fcuking teams should be into their fcuking conference schedules by now.... But the SEC is still playing in the Hostess league... Is every fcuking week homecoming?

I don't want to hear about conferences again.... "Oh... So and so has a lot of wins, but they play in the Sun Belt.... Their strength of schedule hurts them... If they played in the SEC and had to play SEC teams week in and week out, blah blah blah...." Newsflash... THEY DO!!!! The SEC doesnt play the SEC week in and week out any more.... They play half their fcuking games against third tier and 1AA conference teams.... And now those teams (Louisiana Monroe) are beginning to show up to the games too! So I dont know what the fcuk they're going to do....

God Damn, its getting ridiculous.

Who the fcuk is Ohio State playing this week? A dental school from Akron? Oh... Its the University of Alabama!!!! Oh... Wait... Its the University of Alabama at Birmingham... fcuk! But, theyre from Alabama! Theyre probably good!... Oh... They havent won a game yet...

Somebody asked me why I didnt have OSU ranked yet... I think it was Kevin... Who the fcuk have they played yet? They beat CAL, thats lining itself up to be the doormat of the Pac 12 this year... THATS IT? UCF and Miami (not that Miami... The good one, from Ohio) :jackoff:

Everyone plays cupcake teams, doesn't matter at what point in the season it is. Otherwise small schools would never elevate their game or get any air time. I don't see how it makes any sense to target SEC teams when its painfully obvious EVERY SCHOOL DOES IT.

Looking forward to FSU Clemson, and Arizona Oregon.

Hope that LSU just grinds Auburn in to the mud. I would love nothing more than to see Shitzik put out of the plains.

Best

Everyone plays cupcake teams, doesn't matter at what point in the season it is. Otherwise small schools would never elevate their game or get any air time. I don't see how it makes any sense to target SEC teams when its painfully obvious EVERY SCHOOL DOES IT.

Looking forward to FSU Clemson, and Arizona Oregon.

Hope that LSU just grinds Auburn in to the mud. I would love nothing more than to see Shitzik put out of the plains.

Best

Everybody plays A cupcake team. The SEC is plying 4 weeks worth.

Take a look at the PAC 12. They dont do this division 3 shit.

Look at Stanford. Game 1 was San Jose state out of the WAC, who they play because the campuses are a few miles from each other.

Next up ACC Duke. Not a powerhouse but a BCS conference team. The rest of the games are all PAC 12. ( oh. And Notre Dame)

You're right. We should schedule like Oregon/Arizona who have only played one decent opponent between the two of them(Each other so it killed both teams with one stone). Lets see, Oregon has played ARKANSAS STATE, FRESNO STATE, and TENNESSEE TECH. Arizona has played TOLEDO OKSt and SC State. So somehow since they're playing each other this week their schedule thus far hasn't been bullshit?

We've played two teams that went in to the season ending of better years than any of the teams listed above. It doesn't bother me that people say Michigan it a terrible team because there is no hindsight in scheduling. We went in hoping for a quality opponent and that is what matter. We didn't open with Toledo/Arkansas State.....

We will never agree on this and you budge as much as a mountain so we're both spinning wheels here. I do however agree with your ranking methods so that goes to show a little spark of hope.

Best