25 Georgia

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope alabama stomps michigan.....

actually no i dont, i want to see michigan beat them, go undefeated, then watch urban's illigitamate Buckeys stomp them in what will be the buckeyes championship game.

I am a huge 'Bama fan and I can tell you right now Michigan could win this game. No true football fan would say anything less. No one ever worries about Denard and Michigan until after they have one of their wild offensive showings. Problem is you never know when they will.

I look forward to the season, and to seeing how Texas A&M and Missouri do. Should be a fun season with a lot of upsets after seeing the preseason donkey polls.

Eric, I think you are spot on with your rankings, too.

Best

Woot! Was going to start off a thread but glad to see one start up with the LP poll! I'm interested to see how USC does this year...they should be stellar! And although Michigan "should" be great, I think Alabama will beat them...but at least both teams are playing a ranked team in their first game, unlike many others who will take the school for the blind teams on to show the world their dominance!

Ducks at 6??? Come on!

Thats right.... They lost two games last year.... The teams above them all lost one.... Instead of "rebooting" those teams (like shoving Boise into the 20's despite 10 years of one or no loss seasons) they get to take their accomplishments into the next year.... And instead of being forced to claw their way back up, they get to stay there.... As long as they win.

Instead of me PRETENDING I know who the best team is and handicapping the season around my preconceived biases before the first ball is snapped, I start from the most equitable place possible- Last years final poll...

In other words, prior achievement is rewarded, instead of popularity.

See, if I took the blinders off and let my own bias in, USC would be #1, and Id have no problem defending that since everybody else has them #1.... The problem is, they just haven't earned it yet....

Thats right.... They lost two games last year.... The teams above them all lost one.... Instead of "rebooting" those teams (like shoving Boise into the 20's despite 10 years of one or no loss seasons) they get to take their accomplishments into the next year.... And instead of being forced to claw their way back up, they get to stay there.... As long as they win.

Instead of me PRETENDING I know who the best team is and handicapping the season around my preconceived biases before the first ball is snapped, I start from the most equitable place possible- Last years final poll...

In other words, prior achievement is rewarded, instead of popularity.

See, if I took the blinders off and let my own bias in, USC would be #1, and Id have no problem defending that since everybody else has them #1.... The problem is, they just haven't earned it yet....

Which is why RD's LP poll rules! :icon_super:

Wtf? Just run and shut up

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick took exception Wednesday to comments by former Irish running back and current radio analyst Allen Pinkett, who said a team needs to have some bad guys because it provides an edge.

In a radio interview with Chicago's WSCR-AM, Pinkett said: ''I've always felt like, to have a successful team, you have to have a few bad citizens on the team.''

In a statement before the team left for Dublin for Saturday's season opener against Navy, Swarbrick called Pinkett's comments ''nonsense.''

Pinkett said that's how Ohio State used to be get an edge.

''They would have two or three guys that were criminals and that just adds to the chemistry of the team. So I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension, which creates edge on the football team,'' Pinkett said.

Coach Brian Kelly recently suspended top tailback Cierre Wood and backup defensive end Justin Utupo for two games for violating team rules. Earlier, quarterback Tommy Rees and linebacker Carlo Calabrese were suspended for Saturday's opener against navy for their roles in a skirmish with police following a party in May.

''You can't have a football team full of choir boys, you know? You get your butt kicked if you have a team full of choir boys,'' Pinkett said.

Swarbrick disagreed in a statement released by the school.

''Allen Pinkett's suggestion that Notre Dame needs more `bad guys' on its football team is nonsense,'' Swarbrick said. ''Of course, Allen does not speak for the University, but we could not disagree more with this observation.''

Tyrone Matthieu of LSU has been kicked off the team presumably for drugs

Oops....

The good news for Kent State is that the blunder didn’t cost them. The ball was ruled down at the 7-yard line, and the Golden Flashes kicked a field goal to add to their lead before halftime

Tyrone Matthieu of LSU has been kicked off the team presumably for drugs

Which it was my understanding that it was for failing the test multiple times. Makes you wonder how many times he failed it that they didnt report.....

It was for the 'spice' or fake marijuana. He failed it last year, along with others, and was suspended the first several game. He was booted from the team several weeks ago and has since said he will not be transferring, but going to rehab in hopes of getting in to the draft next year clean and sober.

Best

Notes from last night.... Vanderbilt gave South Carolina quite a show... Not sure if Vandy is good, or if SC is not as good as last year...

Big showdown tonight between two ranked teams Boise and Michigan States. Probably the most interesting game this week next to Alabama-Michigan.

University of Utah had their opener last night. We won 41-0..

Against Northern Colorado? 1AA? Longest losing streak in NCAA? Im just sayin'... Not exactly a "signature win"...

It was for the 'spice' or fake marijuana. He failed it last year, along with others, and was suspended the first several game. He was booted from the team several weeks ago and has since said he will not be transferring, but going to rehab in hopes of getting in to the draft next year clean and sober.

Best

Dont tell me how that shit isnt addictive.... When you are a year away from being paid tens of millions of dollars to play a game for a few years, and all you have to do is not get hurt and not get into trouble, and yet you still get high KNOWING they caught you before and will again and KNOWING the consequences but cant control yourself? You are addicted.

Against Northern Colorado? 1AA? Longest losing streak in NCAA? Im just sayin'... Not exactly a "signature win"...

I agree.. lol.. We'll see how they fair against USC

This isn't the Boise St we are used to.... Also this isn't the Michigan St of last season. 5 total turnovers.

Looks like a rebuilding year for Boise... HOWEVER... It yet again shows how WORTHLESS the Polls are this early... You cant tell me that MSU is a 13 and Boise is a 24. Listen to what the (same old tired boring has been lou hotlz Mark may) pundits were saying pregame.... "Boise is going to get killed without cullen moore, blah, blah, blah...."

It was a GOOD game and could have gone to either team. In the end, home field advantage won out... Play that game again on the Blue turf, and Boise wins it.

Looking down the road, the death of the BCS is a major boom for BSU recruiting. I don't think there's any doubt they are currently one of the three best teams in the entire western united stated, along with USC and Oregon. And now that the coaches can walk into a kids room and say " hey. We're playing for a national championship" and actually have that destiny in their own hands, and not the specter of getting screwed by Mike Silve hanging over the conversation, they are going to siphon off even more talent from the middle tier PAC 10 schools.

Anyways.... I have a giant hardon to watch the opening day of COLLEGE GAMEDAY!!!!

Dont tell me how that shit isnt addictive.... When you are a year away from being paid tens of millions of dollars to play a game for a few years, and all you have to do is not get hurt and not get into trouble, and yet you still get high KNOWING they caught you before and will again and KNOWING the consequences but cant control yourself? You are addicted.

Or, he's just a dumbass. Would that guy even be going to college if he weren't an exemplary athlete? Case in point, look at the video of the guy running the wrong way, and the entire OPPOSING team trying to tackle him. lol, just chase the guy and let him go!!!

I don't like USC at #1 because the only place to go is down, but #13? Where's the love!?

I don't like USC at #1 because the only place to go is down, but #13? Where's the love!?

That's the point. It's not about love. It's about accomplishment. Why is this so difficult for people to get?

Look. I had Boise in the top 5 yesterday morning. Today, theyre not in the top 50. Temple who also isn't in the top 50 is ranked higher than Boise now. The difference? Temple won Boise lost. There won't be room for one lossers in my top 25 for a couple of weeks. Not until there are only 24 undefeated teams left.

Remember. A playoff is worthless, if the system that picks the teams that get to play in it is biased and stacks the deck for certain teams and conferences.

Win. Stay at the top. It's that simple.

That's the point. It's not about love. It's about accomplishment. Why is this so difficult for people to get?

College football without love and bias is not college football!