fabspeed's foray into the LP700 world - video addded

Fabspeed_Motorsport

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on David! Can't wait to hear it!

ahhh 14 hours at the shop and STILL not aventador :crybaby2: i may be camping out in the shop if it doesnt show up soon :aiwebs_024:

I hope it gets there soon!

Can't wait. I have a feeling this is going on Allen's (xxx3) car.

a couple quick pictures i took last night.. its a GREAT color in person

e788d716-66b7-4cfb-adcb-ad3b035490ec_zps812ce86a.jpg

YES!!!!! What do I win?

thanks Kris!

little update, the spoiler needs to go into "service" mode to get the bumper off.. without the vehicle diagnostic tool (BIG money) it was supposedly impossible. I used to own an audi and remembered a tool i used for that called a Ross-Tech diagnostic tool. it is basically a Lite version of the full audi scanner.. i ordered one for the shop hoping it would work planning to keep it either way, and it did! the tool let me raise and lower the spoiler, vents, reset CEL's, airbag lights, basically do everything the LARA can do but in a more user friendly package.. well worth the $350!

with that being said, the spoiler is up and rob is going to have the bumper off today hopefully!

thanks Kris!

little update, the spoiler needs to go into "service" mode to get the bumper off.. without the vehicle diagnostic tool (BIG money) it was supposedly impossible. I used to own an audi and remembered a tool i used for that called a Ross-Tech diagnostic tool. it is basically a Lite version of the full audi scanner.. i ordered one for the shop hoping it would work planning to keep it either way, and it did! the tool let me raise and lower the spoiler, vents, reset CEL's, airbag lights, basically do everything the LARA can do but in a more user friendly package.. well worth the $350!

with that being said, the spoiler is up and rob is going to have the bumper off today hopefully!

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

David, no you dont need to put the spoiler in service mode to remove the spoiler. It can be a bit of a wranglr to get the nuts off though. I have tried it.

Of course having the VAS tool and putting it in service mode would be hella lot easier. Just thought it would be helpful for customers who worry then need the tool to remove the spoiler.

Aventador uses VAS now. Which is under the VW group's diagnostic tool. I got one myself. You can program all vehicles under the VW umbrella sans Porche now.

David, no you dont need to put the spoiler in service mode to remove the spoiler. It can be a bit of a wranglr to get the nuts off though. I have tried it.

Of course having the VAS tool and putting it in service mode would be hella lot easier. Just thought it would be helpful for customers who worry then need the tool to remove the spoiler.

Aventador uses VAS now. Which is under the VW group's diagnostic tool. I got one myself. You can program all vehicles under the VW umbrella sans Porche now.

that's weird, i talked to two dealers and another indy shop that did an install on one and they were the ones that said it needed to be in service mode. out of curiosity, how do you get the torx screws out without keeping the wing up via the tool? it comes right back down and as far as i knew it has to be at speed to go up.

Just remove the engine cover between the engine and the spoiler. Your hand can access the torx screw when the engine cover is removed. Granted, the spot is a bit tight and you need a guy with smaller arm and delicate hand to remove the screws or you'll be more prone to dropping your tools into the bumper then removing the screws lol. It has been done by me. I had to remove the spoiler on multiple occasions putting on the DMC kits, at one point I went to the workshop totally forgetting to bring the VAS along. Was a bit of a drive to go back and grab it so we tried it without raising the spoiler in service mode, much more time consuming but can be done for those without the VAS or other 3rd party diagnotic tools. Your hand would need to get below the square shaped black steel frame.

Voltswagon/bentley software works the same way, thats what garage used to put my car into service mode when fitting my exhaust. We couldnt see how to get it off without the wing up, your braver than me!

Capristo have a plugin they sell that does it now, http://www.capristo.de/upload/hersteller/77_1_EN.pdf

All the new cars you get the button to be able to raise it at will, not sure if it stays up to work on it when turned off though.

Voltswagon/bentley software works the same way, thats what garage used to put my car into service mode when fitting my exhaust. We couldnt see how to get it off without the wing up, your braver than me!

Capristo have a plugin they sell that does it now, http://www.capristo.de/upload/hersteller/77_1_EN.pdf

All the new cars you get the button to be able to raise it at will, not sure if it stays up to work on it when turned off though.

the capristo piece is $450 when you can get the Ross-tech tool for $350, seems like a no brainer to me!

aaaaaaannnnd a status update.

259907_10104185526453324_1469903323_n_zp

5471_10104185522730784_1382326623_n1_zps