drive a tank

cake

Haha.

I've driven, ridden, and sat in quite few military vehicles of all different kinds. And while it seems very cool from the outside, many of the are very spartan and not incredibly entertaining to drive. I didn't see a price through that link on my phone but as long as it isn't some ridiculous price then it wouldn't be a bad idea especially if it is a bucket list type want.

Yeah.... No thanks.... I can seal myself in a box and drag it across a dirt road for a lot less than $2000.

Yeah.... No thanks.... I can seal myself in a box and drag it across a dirt road for a lot less than $2000.

$2,000 is actually cheap to keep the tank. I mean what can they do when you don't give it back.. you have a friking tank for christ's sake!

$2,000 is actually cheap to keep the tank. I mean what can they do when you don't give it back.. you have a friking tank for christ's sake!

No doubt it's demilitarized, and comes with a minimum amount of fuel.

No doubt it's demilitarized, and comes with a minimum amount of fuel.

Party pooper.

I remember as a kid some old vet in town had a personal Sherman tank that he would drive in parades etc.

Of you guys want a 'car' that will crush an h1 or unimog look no further.

http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm

I used to load, drive and shoot tanks (M1A1s) in the Army. The more modern the more fun. The chiefton is the most modern of the ones listed and was not a bad tank. If he is into history he will like the T-55 and the M-113 knock off (APC)

If it is on his list I would do it just because he wants to. I have had 70 tons of steel completely airborne and the landing was amazingly soft. The M1 can climb a 48 to 60 inch high wall. Tanks are crazy vehicles.

Anyone else saw the title and thought all women are going to find driving a car much like driving a tank. The silly little things.

Ahh, and that's why we missed ya Cappy

Thanks for the comments and added info everyone (yes - even you Cappy)

RD - that video was somethin else! After I watched it I remembered seeing it on TV.

John- your "tank" photo was hilarious! We had an Olds '98 in the family for several years....very "tank-like" as well

rovingtraveler - airborn??? Wow - THAT must have been quite an experience. The soft landing surprises me.

Cappy - You're right.....I probably would think it felt about like driving my LP560. Us girls aren't very discerning :D

Chip - I was envisioning something a bit more comfortable. You're right I'm sure....would probably be spartan and uncomfortable. I would imagine hubby has a more realistic expectation. I would figure at least 10 cup-holders for frosty beverages, not to mention a sizable glove box for snacks :) and 10 way power adjustable seats

Assman - thanks for the fascinating link. I found a few things of interest on this page: http://www.armyjeeps.net/misc.htm Perfect for the man who has (almost) everything!

So Cake, when you are in the tank have you got enough room to make my sandwich?

Cappy - no matter where I am I will always find a way to make your sandwich! After all....I can't have you getting weak from hunger :lol2: