LP640 IPE(Innotech) Exhaust install and review

SUPA-G

Dear LP,

This thread is about purchasing, install and performance review of the IPE exhaust on my RHD 2007 LP640. I have no affliation with IPE but they provided me a 10% discount as I was the first in Australia to install the exhaust and the first english speaking customer LP640/670 able to provide a review. I installed the exhaust in November and have had it for nearly 3 months now.

Background: I had a Larini muffler for 18 months prior to the IPE. The Larini sounded great in higher revs but at idle it was "LOUD" and it was unbearable. Its the loudest idle I've ever had on a car though it shrieked at the higher RPM. Even louder than on my Gallardo with straight pipes. The idle loudness annoyed me and made me regret not getting an exhaust with valves. Not to mention the police, neighbours and the public.

Decision making: Initially I wanted the MS Racing stage II but SP preferred to do supply and install of the full system but this was catless and I'm in Australia. Also, I've received complaints from EPA and the public about the noise after the Larini and thus wanted a system that had a remote valve system. This led me to Kriessieg but it was catless and was around $13K. IPE only came into the picture around September last year after seeing on forums and youtube videos. The sound on the LP640/670 they had with 'cats' got my attention. The workmanship and customer service was also very pleasant. I put the order through and received the parts in 1 week, boxed very well with instructions for the control unit.

2012_10_15_13.49.09.jpg

Installation: The OEM/Larini muffler is simple enough but the primary cats especially the left hand side is difficult as it's very tight. Installation of new cats, muffler and tips is straight forward everything lined up beautifully and its such a shame you dont to get to show off the full exhaust as once installed is hidden.

Other part that requires install is the control unit in the interior cabin and the cables fed into the engine bay from behind left hand side seat. This cable then connects to the new valves solenoid in the engine bay.

Also IPE has an 'auto' mode which connects to the factory Throttle Pressure Sensor and the valves open like factory above certain revs.

IMG_0041.jpg

Sound: Let me state again the Larini at idle was LOUD so I'm comparing against stock and the Larini.

Idle and startup: IPE starts in quiet/auto mode it's little bit quieter than Larini and settles alot quieter than the Larini but louder than stock. IPE at idle even in LOUD mode is quieter than the Larini but obviously louder than stock.

WOT: The Larini and OEM with the controlled valves builds up to the higher pitch noise. IPE in auto mode is like stock but multiplied and in LOUD mode is just INSANE! It sounds incredible its high pitched like F1, please see youtube. Its the loudest pitch/shriek sound I've had in any car, thus I leave the car in LOUD mode most of the times and the idle is bearable and I havent received a complaint. Only leave to quiet/auto when police or near sensitive areas.

Summary: I've been very happy with my choice it's still legal with the cats and most importantly its fully controllable with the OF, ON and Auto mode. I honestly believe Muffler systems for $4-5K for Murcie isnt worth it as opposed to valved systems and the IPE full system isnt that much more. Anyone want to buy a near new Larini muffler for an LP640 ? :)

Heres a video of it at idle and revving, driveby to come soon.

Performance: I've done a before dyno with the Larini, I've yet to return to do one with IPE. My seat of the pants dyno suggests it's gained power as when I TCS off its much more violent and breaks lose easier. I'll follow this up sometime this month.

Thanks again for the invaluable information in the past and in the future for my ex gallardo and now LP640. I look forward to be of help for any murci owner having similar decisions to make.

Nico

CEL.JPG

easton.jpg

Good Stuff!

I am pricing out their system for my Aventador right now. Kreissieg has taken too long. The clips I have heard of the IPE system are the first I've heard that have the wow factor of any aftermarket exhaust for the 700.

Ipe system tends to copy the best exhaust design w the addition of the valve. It's a nice system. Enjoy!

I have heard IPE's parent company manufactures a lot of the exhaust systems for other brands.

The IPE system sounds fantastic, Nico.

Have you considered a carbontek wing for your LP640? I think it would really complete the look, IMO only of course :)

Jpegs-Finally got the embed link to work :)

E7ITE: No spoiler for me, looking for wheels though.

Fortis- Thank you. Yes in Australia becoming harder with police and the public and also for our own family and ourselves as we get older haha Seriously in a tunnel or between 2 buildings idle was so loud I use to turn the car off. Ok for those that dont live in urban areas.

jags- PM sent.

Raginbull: Thanks, IPE exhaust on the aventador would be crazy. Loving your collection and Huayra come on. Pagani Zonda F roadster my ultimate dream car. I still prefer my manuals and NA. PM sent.

Djant- IPE recent designs I dont think copy others such as Aventador and Porsche 991 they are one of the first.

Nico

Looks great, but I cannot get over innotech, reminds me of office space. :lol2:

Yea....your going to have to go ahead and come in on Sunday too.........mmmk?

post-73833-1360250370.jpg

• 1 month later...
Dear LP,

This thread is about purchasing, install and performance review of the IPE exhaust on my RHD 2007 LP640. I have no affliation with IPE but they provided me a 10% discount as I was the first in Australia to install the exhaust and the first english speaking customer LP640/670 able to provide a review. I installed the exhaust in November and have had it for nearly 3 months now.

Background: I had a Larini muffler for 18 months prior to the IPE. The Larini sounded great in higher revs but at idle it was "LOUD" and it was unbearable. Its the loudest idle I've ever had on a car though it shrieked at the higher RPM. Even louder than on my Gallardo with straight pipes. The idle loudness annoyed me and made me regret not getting an exhaust with valves. Not to mention the police, neighbours and the public.

Decision making: Initially I wanted the MS Racing stage II but SP preferred to do supply and install of the full system but this was catless and I'm in Australia. Also, I've received complaints from EPA and the public about the noise after the Larini and thus wanted a system that had a remote valve system. This led me to Kriessieg but it was catless and was around $13K. IPE only came into the picture around September last year after seeing on forums and youtube videos. The sound on the LP640/670 they had with 'cats' got my attention. The workmanship and customer service was also very pleasant. I put the order through and received the parts in 1 week, boxed very well with instructions for the control unit.

post-13294-1359889147_thumb.jpg

Installation: The OEM/Larini muffler is simple enough but the primary cats especially the left hand side is difficult as it's very tight. Installation of new cats, muffler and tips is straight forward everything lined up beautifully and its such a shame you dont to get to show off the full exhaust as once installed is hidden.

Other part that requires install is the control unit in the interior cabin and the cables fed into the engine bay from behind left hand side seat. This cable then connects to the new valves solenoid in the engine bay.

Also IPE has an 'auto' mode which connects to the factory Throttle Pressure Sensor and the valves open like factory above certain revs.

post-13294-1359889334_thumb.jpg

Sound: Let me state again the Larini at idle was LOUD so I'm comparing against stock and the Larini.

Idle and startup: IPE starts in quiet/auto mode it's little bit quieter than Larini and settles alot quieter than the Larini but louder than stock. IPE at idle even in LOUD mode is quieter than the Larini but obviously louder than stock.

WOT: The Larini and OEM with the controlled valves builds up to the higher pitch noise. IPE in auto mode is like stock but multiplied and in LOUD mode is just INSANE! It sounds incredible its high pitched like F1, please see youtube. Its the loudest pitch/shriek sound I've had in any car, thus I leave the car in LOUD mode most of the times and the idle is bearable and I havent received a complaint. Only leave to quiet/auto when police or near sensitive areas.

Summary: I've been very happy with my choice it's still legal with the cats and most importantly its fully controllable with the OF, ON and Auto mode. I honestly believe Muffler systems for $4-5K for Murcie isnt worth it as opposed to valved systems and the IPE full system isnt that much more. Anyone want to buy a near new Larini muffler for an LP640 ? :)

Heres a video of it at idle and revving, driveby to come soon.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4PFAFOMpogw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Performance: I've done a before dyno with the Larini, I've yet to return to do one with IPE. My seat of the pants dyno suggests it's gained power as when I TCS off its much more violent and breaks lose easier. I'll follow this up sometime this month.

Thanks again for the invaluable information in the past and in the future for my ex gallardo and now LP640. I look forward to be of help for any murci owner having similar decisions to make.

Nico

post-13294-1359889725_thumb.jpg

post-13294-1359889779_thumb.jpg

PM me cost if you can