Finally home...but my weekend was ruined

murcivu

As far as I know all Diablos have a positive battery junction block behind the driver about mid engine, so not a mod. Jumper cable to that and chassis ground for your jump start. Of course there is the chatter that it will fry your ECU, but I don't see how it could.

Wish I would have known that from the beginning. Only had the car for a couple of months before going straight to the body shop.

Great looking car, sounds like your alternator is failing.

We're leaning towards the alternator, too. Don't have a voltage meter to check, though.

Next time you are taking it for a spin you should stop by. I want to see this beast in the flesh.

Mark will have the car this coming Mon. As soon as it gets back, Alex and I were planning a visit to Luigi. Would be nice if you could join. I'll keep you posted.

Look great!!! Are you planning on wrapping that front end with the 3M stone gaurd? After all the working in paint I would hate to see a rock chip.

Yes, I do plan on the wrap. This 3stage paint makes it hard to just touch up.

I think I'm about to have to replace my Optima after less than that.

What will you replace it with?

Awesome ride keep us posted

Thanks. Will do.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You better get in line with Mark! I had made plans to drop my car off next week.

Sounds alternator related to me.

Ceramic has kind of a satin black look and keeps the heat in better.

gallardo_tips.jpg

I had installed a mechman alternator in the car 6 months before you purchased it. Supposedly its a better alternator than stock. If it has failed, I would send it to them. Should be a receipt in all that paperwork I gave you. I wouldnt try and pushstart if the battery is dead, Low voltage and the ecu's wont work correctly, plus the battery stabilizes the system. There is a possibility that the battery just took a shit, or the cable is loose.

You better get in line with Mark! I had made plans to drop my car off next week.

Sounds alternator related to me.

Ceramic has kind of a satin black look and keeps the heat in better.

gallardo_tips.jpg

I'm planning to drop off on Mon. What day are you going? That ceramic looks good, but I still like that stainless steel look contrasting against the carbon fiber. If I wasn't using the rear bumper, then yes, I would ceramic then.

I had installed a mechman alternator in the car 6 months before you purchased it. Supposedly its a better alternator than stock. If it has failed, I would send it to them. Should be a receipt in all that paperwork I gave you. I wouldnt try and pushstart if the battery is dead, Low voltage and the ecu's wont work correctly, plus the battery stabilizes the system. There is a possibility that the battery just took a shit, or the cable is loose.

Thanks Dave. I will wait for the shop to check it out. Battery is very new...Optima red top.

He's open on Sun? Sun would be better for me, too. I would love to caravan together, but what if the car dies in the middle of the road, again? I was thinking about flat bedding it there to be on the safe side. Unless, you can pull me with some chains :icon_mrgreen:

Hes not open per se but said he can meet for drop off. I dont have a specific time. What were you thinking.

Email or pm me so we dont mess up your thread.

I don't know what or if I'll replace it. I need to get in there with the voltmeter. I had been considering doing the mechman upgrade for the alternator actually so I'll be interested to see what they determine is your issue.

I never even lock my car but I don keep valuables in there. The electronic shutoff gives me enough peace of mind.

• 2 months later...
ever get your car fixed?

Yes...ended up being a loose wire somewhere around the dash by the central ac vents. At least that was the only sentence that made sense to me from all of that mechanical jargon. The charge is now holding fine.

dear god that thing is breath taking.

:icon_thumleft:

Brought her home for the week, but will have to go back for a clutch slave cylinder change.

20130416_154036.jpg

20130416_154011.jpg

20130416_154018.jpg

I'm normally not as excited about the clear headlight cars ala 6.0/etc., but this just kicks ass and forces me to love everything about it. Totally xotik.

...want...

:monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :notworthy: :notworthy:

SICK CAR!! And I don't mean it in bad way! Loving it!

What a stunning looking car :headbang:

Car does look great. Clutch slave isn't too bad of a job.

That is white unicorn Diablo....wow wow wow....perfect in every way :icon_super: :monkeyleft:

I'm normally not as excited about the clear headlight cars ala 6.0/etc., but this just kicks ass and forces me to love everything about it. Totally xotik.

...want...

Your car looks great :icon_thumleft:

Thank you everyone for the very kind words. I just really need to finish her up and start driving more. Can't believe it's been over 2 yrs to get to this point.