2008 LP640 or 2011 LP570?

kmr

So really getting the itch to switch cars. Having had a 06 Gallardo wanted to try the LP640 however seems like 1 or 2 dealers are pretty much controlling the market. So thoughts on LP570 or LP640??? Will I hate the old school aspect of the LP640? However love the thought of having the true lambo doors. Will the LP570 be boring after having another G prior?

Thanks guys!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very different cars to compare. IMO:

LP640 = presence, over the top looks, fast in a straight line, big body, chore to drive and park, lambo doors, lots of wow factor.

LP570 = tight, well built, comfortable, fast in all areas, capable, reliable, easy to drive and park, with some wow factor.

Its funny, i read Jasons response, and knowing you, its blatantly obvious which is the choice wont be driving you crazy in a few months.....

Sounds like the little things that werent as much of a hassel with the G will just be magnafied by 10 in the LP.. But oh those doors!

I'd vote 570 all day long. That being said you do have the R8....I could see rocking the V12 and the doors. I think you'd keep the 570 longer then the 640 though....

The correct answer is trade the R8 in and combo that with the 570 cash and step up to an Aventador. ;)

Haha def not in the Aventador market, yet, but you hit the nail on the head I bet I would keep the 570 longer than the 640. However feel like I need to experience the 640's nuisances to know first hand.

Judging by what you have now and what you had in the past you will enjoy the 570 more.

The difference between the 06 Gallardo and the 570 is very considerable, I suggest a test drive, once you test drive the decision will be a very easy one.

Good Luck.

I'd say LP640. You need to scratch the itch sooner or later. Having said that, I went back to a Gallardo after owning a Murci.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Test drive both, you'll know then. Everyone has different preference on this board.

I've never driven the 640. But I did get to see the interior of the 670. Don't know if it's a huge difference from the 640 but I prefered my 570 interior. Having both the R8 and LP570,they are night and day. Acceleration is so much more violent in the lambo.. I drive the R8 in Sport and the LP in corsa. In terms of comfort, I'd probably stick with the R8 as the CF seats in the lp isn't exactly the most comfortable. Handling in the LP is more crisp. Maybe tt the audi and you'll get that itch scratched. But if your need is a lambo, I'd say the 570. if you want to be a bit faster, you could always go TT.

Im selling or trading in the R8. No need for 2 weekend fun cars and the car seat wont fit in the R8 for wifey. Not really looking for a missle as it seems you cant even use the power. I like to drive my cars a lot so it sounds like the 570 would be the best bet but we will see what comes back on the car I am looking at. Thanks for the thoughts guys keep them coming.

570 if you're going to drive it, 640 if its going to be a garage queen.

Damn u raj! That's kinda what I figured but the voice in my head is tellling me otherwise

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

We have a winnar here!

How about a sweet 2012 LP570-4 STS, Red, 2 years warrnty left, 295K new window sticker, 5K miles, 71% clutch life left..CCB, loaded...I just took it in...maybe something your intrested in..??

I don't agree with that. A 640 can get around if you are comfortable with its size. Driving as many miles as I have in my H1 all over NYC, Philly, burbs, mountains, etc. I am comfortable with anything anywhere. Its all about which experience you like better.

In terms of money, the 640 will depreciate less. The 570 is the better car overall. Both are epic. It all comes down to which you like driving more and which is a better fit for the places you will drive it (if that is even relevant).

How about a sweet 2012 LP570-4 STS, Red, 2 years warrnty left, 295K new window sticker, 5K miles, 71% clutch life left..CCB, loaded...I just took it in...maybe something your intrested in..??

Roy ill email you tomorrow.

I don't agree with that. A 640 can get around if you are comfortable with its size. Driving as many miles as I have in my H1 all over NYC, Philly, burbs, mountains, etc. I am comfortable with anything anywhere. Its all about which experience you like better.

In terms of money, the 640 will depreciate less. The 570 is the better car overall. Both are epic. It all comes down to which you like driving more and which is a better fit for the places you will drive it (if that is even relevant).

Kris, don't have a problem with size as I had an H1 wagon for the last year however my driveway is a bitch and only other downfall is the attention around here. (Past G got up driveway ok) With that being said I put prob ~6k miles a year on my "errand runner" so trying to find the car that will last me the longest.

640 is a lot more comfortable to drive/ride in than the 570. 570 is more fun to drive.

Is that cause you are like 6'6"?? Haha we are not all pro-basketball heights!!!

Is that cause you are like 6'6"?? Haha we are not all pro-basketball heights!!!

Yes there is more room in the 640, but that didnt factor into my statement. I was referring to the seats and the ride.

edit: I am only 6'4' :D

Yes there is more room in the 640, but that didnt factor into my statement. I was referring to the seats and the ride.

edit: I am only 6'4' :D

Ah ok. Yeah I am curious about the SL seats. If this car checks out that I am looking at I will fly to Florida next weekend and get to see first hand. Thanks for the insight aaron.