'84 Countach photos

Redlambo

After a few too many days of rain, rain and more rain, the sun came out. :celb:

Just a good morning for a drive drive with a camera. I am not a photographer just an amateur trying his best. Enjoy Vic

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

Vic, car looks great! Very cool setting. Is it active? A retro station would be awesome.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I love heading out on Sunday mornings for a drive now that I live out in the country.

Many of the back roads in NE Georgia are very scenic as well as twisty and hilly so it makes for a good drive up until the rednecks wake up. :aiwebs_017:

As far as the old Texaco gas station goes, unfortunately it is not operational just a relic of the past.

I have always wanted to do a photo shoot in front of it as well as the old train caboose.

Next time I will try to get a few shots in front of the station as the store front has a few cardboard cut out displays in the windows.

Gorgeous pictures! I love the old Texaco station! :-)

By the way, how close is Grayson to Hartwell, Ga? My grandparents had a HUGE farm in Hartwell when I was kid growing up. Used to love coming back during summer vacations as a kid to work on the farm.

Mike

Hey guess what, the rain is back! Good thing you got out when you did! Love the shots man, what town is that?

The town is Talmo which is just north of Pendergrass Georgia where I now live.

By the way, how close is Grayson to Hartwell, Ga?

I need to update my profile as we moved to Pendergrass almost two years ago.

Pendergrass is actually closer to Hartwell GA approximately 50 miles southwest as opposed to Grayson being about 80 miles southwest.

Northeast Georgia is a beautiful area in my opinion as you have the mountains, a handful of lakes, the changes of the seasons and a day trip to the coastal areas.

My wife is from Hartwell, nice town.

There is some great driving up in North GA, just have to be careful on those mountain roads sometimes, never know what is coming around the corner. We get up to Lake Burton a few times during the summer and really enjoy the drive once we get off the main roads.

Talmo, I guess the RR car should have given it away, just not familiar. I assumed it was one of those small towns up your way. I have been to the Pendergrass Flea Market in the past, but it has been years.

My wife is from Hartwell, nice town.

There is some great driving up in North GA, just have to be careful on those mountain roads sometimes, never know what is coming around the corner. We get up to Lake Burton a few times during the summer and really enjoy the drive once we get off the main roads.

Talmo, I guess the RR car should have given it away, just not familiar. I assumed it was one of those small towns up your way. I have been to the Pendergrass Flea Market in the past, but it has been years.

I wish I could remember where their farm was located! The last time I was back there was in 1974 when I was in Junior High! Both of them have since passed away. One thing I do remember is just down the road from their farm was a small store/Gas Station called "Greenways". We used to drive there and pick up Country Ham!!!

Mike

I wish I could remember where their farm was located! The last time I was back there was in 1974 when I was in Junior High! Both of them have since passed away. One thing I do remember is just down the road from their farm was a small store/Gas Station called "Greenways". We used to drive there and pick up Country Ham!!!

Mike

It is still one of those places that has not changed much, where everyone knows everybody. I would be willing to bet their farm is still there. I will ask my wife if she remembers Greenways, heck that could still be around too!