Aventador vs Italia

Really..... 458 got smoked! It not only walked away, I think it ran away. Oh yeah!

I dont know what you watched, but it took several gears in most instances for the Aventador to walk away. So if you are pretty even for 3 gears, thats not too good inmo, and evidences how much of the Aventadors performance advantage is in its launch.

Poor showing by the Aventador if you ask me, but I think that's more than likely because the driver is not one.

Agree with kisco. If the aventador driver held it longer he'd walk hard. (Cue music).

He was letting off real early. And when he did hold it it was apparent that the 458 was at least 4-5 cars back. I don't know what they call 4 car lead in the mainland but here in Hawaii that's a whooping.

I take this as more info to support the fact that we know an MP4 walks the 458, so if anyone thinks an Aventador is walking an Mp4 they are in a for a big surprise.

Looks pretty similar to when I ran my 560 against aventador. Aventador got quite a bit faster though when had a few k miles on it and once I got the hang of its power delivery and shift points.

Fast cars are all fast now though, tbh not the real reason for buying aventador to be the fastest thing on the planet, it's plenty quick.

I'm setting up a race with an Aventador vs my MP4 so we'll see....

I take this as more info to support the fact that we know an MP4 walks the 458, so if anyone thinks an Aventador is walking an Mp4 they are in a for a big surprise.

Poor showing by the Aventador if you ask me, but I think that's more than likely because the driver is not one.

I agree it's all about the driver. I went up against a highly modified 458 at an event about a couple weeks back and I hung in a lot better than I thought I would.

I agree it's all about the driver. I went up against a highly modified 458 at an event about a couple weeks back and I hung in a lot better than I thought I would.

Nice run!

What's done to the 458? Is your car stock?

The 458 had exhaust, headers, EVOMOS tune, and I forgot what else lol. But I know it sounded like a beast and was quick. Ive done fabspeed exhaust and a RWD conversion (if that counts). I went up against a stock 458 the same day and beat him, Ill look for the video.

Aventador got quite a bit faster though when had a few k miles on it and once I got the hang of its power delivery and shift points.

Is this true for Gallardos and 458s too? We have certainly heard it here about almost all year Murcielagos. TommyJames said after 5k miles his LP640 roadster seemed to wake up:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39251

The 458 had exhaust, headers, EVOMOS tune, and I forgot what else lol. But I know it sounded like a beast and was quick. Ive done fabspeed exhaust and a RWD conversion (if that counts). I went up against a stock 458 the same day and beat him, Ill look for the video.

RWD was key with you keeping up. You picked up about 5-8% WHP. Nice run!

I dont know what you watched, but it took several gears in most instances for the Aventador to walk away. So if you are pretty even for 3 gears, thats not too good inmo, and evidences how much of the Aventadors performance advantage is in its launch.

I watched a video of two guys in an environment not really suited for racing and it seems neither of them knew how to get the most out of each of their vehicles. Damn that music was gay. I guess they are just two wild and crazy guys.