Renewable Lubricants Incorporated Owner Stopped By

aehaas

Bill Garmier and his wife were at the Granger International Conference in Orlando. They were not exactly close by but took the time to stop by my house for a few hours. I have been using the 0W-30 in my Enzo for years and have the 0W-20 in the RR ghost right now.

Also, I traded in my 23 year old Bear Automotive 8,000 lb. lift for the new improved Rotary, customized for my uses. It is the asymmetrical 10,000 lb. lift.

aehaas

DSC_0578___Version_2.jpg

DSC_0583___Version_2.jpg

DSC_1629___Version_2.jpg

The new Rotary lift is particularly interesting for those considering a two post lift system. My 23 year old Bear Automotive lift was fine but needed new seals. I actually got a trade in allowance on the new one. The Rotary lift has many installation options to customize it for your needs.

I purchased the 10,000 lb. lift designed for an asymmetrical installation. By tilting the columns out 30 degrees it moves the center of gravity of the car in front of the lift. Since you do not have to pull into the lift as far you can open your doors wider. It was nearly impossible to get out of the Ford Expedition when properly positioned in the old lift. Because the columns are tilted outwards you also get additional space to open the doors of you car.

The lift had a standard lift height and opening width. You can place the columns up to six inches wider. I chose to make them 4 inches wider than the standard setting. Also, the maximum height is variable. I went with a foot higher than standard as I had the available vertical real estate.

I later added 120v receptacles to each column. And I added pegs to hang things from the columns. I am very delighted with the installation of this lift.

aehaas

Do you mind giving a ball park figure on the lift? Very interest in doing one in my next place.

Shipping, tax, installation = around $4,500. Do not pay any attention to the "list" prices, get a quote from a certified installer.

aehaas

Shipping, tax, installation = around $4,500. Do not pay any attention to the "list" prices, get a quote from a certified installer.

aehaas

I appreciate it. That is MUCH more reasonable then I was expecting.

Here is another recent guest at our house, guess who:

DSC_0574___Version_2.jpg

On a completely unrelated note, it's refreshing to see such nice cars sharing the garage with a mill and professional grade band saw. It's a real garage and not just a showroom. :icon_super:

I need a lift/storage as I have a 2 car, but with really high ceilings and would love to be able to stuff another car in there. Any recommendations?

I need a lift/storage as I have a 2 car, but with really high ceilings and would love to be able to stuff another car in there. Any recommendations?

Get a drive on 4 Post if you're looking for storage space. And look into getting your garage door tracks routed up very close to the ceiling with a shaft drive garage door opener.

Get a drive on 4 Post if you're looking for storage space. And look into getting your garage door tracks routed up very close to the ceiling with a shaft drive garage door opener.

This is the answer for storage as the wheels have to be on the ground. And it is no big deal to get your grarage door to go all the way up hugging the ceiling.

aehaas

Although a 4 post is ideal, I hate the space they take up. I like the single post design but requires higher psi concrete .

Although a 4 post is ideal, I hate the space they take up. I like the single post design but requires higher psi concrete .

Better concrete, potentially thicker slab, and they are a pain if you're going to swap vehicles often. It's not just driving out and taking off, you have to adjust the pads etc.

I have a drive on 4 post lift and love it. They don't have to be anchored and can be wheeled around. I did however have mine anchored.

image2.jpg

Another view

image.jpg

What did he think of the Enzo?

Valentino was very familiar with the Enzo. We discussed the use of my thin (vegetable based) oils in these cars. He had no problems sighting the fact that the oil never gets hot. The cars are not driven at a constant 200 MPH.

Later, over a few glasses of red wine, he told us stories of the development of Lamborghini cars he was involved in. It was very interesting. He was not just a driver but contributed to the development of these cars.

He was staying at our neighbors house during the Sarasota Car Fest but came over our house to help use up some wine.

aehaas

DSC_0576___Version_2.jpg

If you get a 4 post let me know what you find.