Post gone, not informed as to why

aehaas

Please tell me why my RLI post was removed. I had more to add to that in development.

aehaas

I think we all have opinions as to what we like to use in our cars. 'Could have spawned some discussion about oils and viscosities. A loss in my opinion.

ali

I liked the post. Felt more like it was an enthusiast sharing honest feedback than someone trying to push a product for his own benefit.

I was also going to post this picture of another guest at our house:

DSC_0575___Version_2.jpg

Nice photo & garage!

I had to zoom in on those Pirelli flags to see what they were. For a minute I thought you were a Steeler's fan :D

There is a healthy discussion and there is what you posted hence deleted.

If you can present a valid justification as to why it was a genuine post with no agenda then I will happily move it back.

I missed the post so take this just as a personal very general viewpoint. I've read quite a few of aehaas' posts in various places specifically regarding oils, his studies, and scientific findings. Heck I just like hearing from a guy who throws his enzo on the lift and changes his own oil.

If the post came across like a product placement spot then I'm bummed, because I'm generally interested in what he had to say.

My apologies if I'm talking out of turn or stepping on your toes Capt, its not my intention at all.

There is a healthy discussion and there is what you posted hence deleted.

If you can present a valid justification as to why it was a genuine post with no agenda then I will happily move it back.

People often ask me what I recommend for oils, lifts, tools and the like. I always give them reasons as to why I choose each item. I started the thread to introduce several things. I did have the owner of RLI come by the house. An honor in my opinion. If I posted a picture of the president of Exxon or Ferrari or RR in my garage, that would generate some discussion. Also, many know I have been using RLI oils for the last few years. There may be some questions about that, especially since I am running a 30 grade oil instead of the OEM 60 grade oil in the Enzo.

There may be questions about the new Rotary brand lift. I have answers.

Next up was the picture of Valentino in my garage. How many get a visit from Mr. Balboni. We had a discussion of my use of thin vegetable based oils in my Italian cars as well. And then we drank some wine as we listened to many stories that Valentino offered us on car development.

One can say we were advertising RLI, Rotary or Ferrari or Lamborghini products. Others may say we are just advocating things we admire and would like to share.

You can make the call.

ali

Capt, I have known Dr Haas for many years. He is far from a shill of any sort. I sold him the Murcie and he and his wife Linda are two of the finest people I know. Ask him about anything from oils, to maintenance to machine guns and he likely will have forgotten more about it than we will ever know. My .02, for what it is worth, please put the post back up and let us bathe in a little knowledge. I am sure we could all glean something from his findings.