Is anybody familiar with this Diablo SV?

diabloIowa

I am looking at a Diablo SV located in Canonsburg, PA. it is a 98' with 13,000 miles. Service seems to be spotty at best..... the VIN is ZA9DU21BXWLA12948.

I am a former Diablo owner, but, am looking for another one. I tried a Ferrari, just not the same.........

Any info would sure be great!

This was on eBay....something seems a bit off on the lack of description and pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SV-/1710186...forcev4exp=true

That's where I originally saw the vehicle. The gentleman said he was selling it for a family member. It was purchased at auction by the current owner. I can't make heads or tails out of this just yet??? I figured maybe someone in here would have personally looked at and who have some dirt.

There are a few Diablo SV's in silver so without tracking the VIN's I am not sure which one that is. :eusa_think: One of the silver SV's was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina and was passed around several times with a salvage title, until a member here rebuilt it (the infamouse "Katrina Diablo" project). That particular car eventually had the drivetrain pulled (IIRC) and was sold without an engine (this one on Ebay says to have a clear title, so most likely a different car). I know Roy also had a beautiful silver one for sale at one point, as did Lambo Chicago. SP had one as well (I believe that one may have been a 99' though).

When Albolfaz or Roy sees this thread, I am sure all of the questions will be answered! :)

I was curious about that one as well and it seemed really shady. If you see it in person share your photos so we know it is real. Just seems like a scam to me. There is another thread on a different site and all of those who emailed the seller or called never got a response. Be very careful.

So, it seems he said the "gentleman purchased it at auction". That seems to check out, but it has the same mileage (13,000) since purchase. Why wasn't it driven in the 2 years he has had it?

Paid $80,000 in 2011 at that Mecum auction in Monterey.

So, it seems he said the "gentleman purchased it at auction". That seems to check out, but it has the same mileage (13,000) since purchase. Why wasn't it driven in the 2 years he has had it?

Paid $80,000 in 2011 at that Mecum auction in Monterey.

I agree. The item seems odd. He claims his father is the owner and he is selling it for him. I don't believe it's a scam by any means, but the service and full story of the vehicle is unaccounted for. May not have driven it due to an internal problem he/they didn't want to get worse before he unloads it.

Sure wish someone in here knew more about this car in particular. VIN is located at the top of the post.

George Evans (Evans Automotive, Columbus,OH) is only 2-1/2 hours away. Get someone from his shop to do a PPI on it and you will know everything you need to in order to make a qualified offer on it.

This is a steal.. Says corrected title only thing i would worry about.. However that could mean they took someone off the title, or lien release was made.. doesn't mean it was salvaged or anthing.. I would just ask for a copy of the title. If it says rebuilt then you know the accident was worse than it says. This is a slavage title car price however.. I would take it off the market if i could.

I would pass on that even at $80k...

I would pass on that even at $80k...

This one looks alot like the one that was for sale 2 years ago that was damaged heavily...and the guy was just

driving it everyday.

I have called a few times and no one ever answers the phone....as they say, if a deal seems too good to be true......

There was a Brown SE last year that went for $115,000.. had 65k miles on it.. I was working on financing when it sold..