Picked up a Leatherique Kit

Allan-Herbie

Do you think I should coat it twice or just wipe down tommorow with pristine clean? Or let what's there sit another day?

If you haven't done it already, and your seats have been heating up in the sun or under baggies, you should be ok to start phase 2. It seems that generally the longer you can wait the better for the Rejuvenator (if you can stand it), but the most I've ever gone was 4 days with the stuff sitting on there with great results.

When you get to the Diablo:

I used it on the Diablo too, applying the Rejuvinator Oil into the piping with a toothbrush (gently) and that really cleaned the shiz out of it. Clean piping sure makes a difference. Down around the shift gate skirt was a tight area that needed the toothbrush too along with any visible stitching that I came across. I ended up doing two treatments on the [black] dash just to get into all the nooks and crannies around the circular vents, consoles, and piping and it looks just like the natural leather that it's supposed to look like. Nothing strange, shiny, or glare on the windshield. Looks showroom-fresh. The only hard part in taking the Diablo seats out was getting them back in, haha...slow and steady won that race since it can be tough to get the right hex wrench/socket into some places and keep everything lined up so as to not strip those hole threads by rushing/forcing. Oh...and not over torquing because I could tell someone really went crazy on the car's vintage seat screws, chewing their soft metal heads up and making it so I almost couldn't get them out (I bought new hex screws from Glen).

I can't tell how your carpets look from the pics...are you going to attack those with something while the seats are out? I used a SpotBot w/handheld attachment. I also took multiple types of cleaners and plastic polish to the flooring under the carpet which helped to eliminate old odors or staleness. Just ideas to try while you're digging around in there waiting for the oil to soak in.

You could always put those sunglasses on eBay and say they came out of Andretti's Lambo. Pay the for the Leatherique right there, tadaa!

Looking forward to seeing the AFTER pics!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ive gotten back on the Countach. I left the rejuvinator oil on the seats for like a week. Cleaned them thoroughly with the Pristine clean, and Im very happy with the results. These pics are of the driver seat, which is the worse of the two.. It definitely decreased the visible wrinkes, and allowed me to clean the dirt that had lodged itself in there. I think the passenger seat will look even better!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I replaced the speakers, and got some with a protected front cone. The stock speakers have a soft cone, which when people get in and out, it gets pushed in. To further protect it, I got some rubber grommets and set the speaker holders farther back..

10.jpg

9.jpg

How is everyone getting to the inner most edge of the dashboard by the windsheild? Any other detail advice? Ive been doing the rest of the interior with just pristine clean. Think I should do the rejuvinator oil as well? That stuff is just oily, and I dont want it getting everywhere. Maybe I use it in some areas..

Those seats look great, well done.

Not sure if this will work on a Ct, but in the past I have used a spackle knife with a thin but tough towel ie microfiber folded over it, to get down in edges like that. Just dont push it too hard you dont want the edges to break through the towel, you could probably round them off too. As far as oil getting everywhere, I always start with the oily products and try to be reserved where I can and then cleaning products afterwords, so do the greasy stuff and then clean windows/carpets etc..

Nice work Allan!

I bet my speakers look just like your old ones! LOL! If I try to turn up the volume on my stereo any louder than say "a whisper", I get that paper flapping sound! Hhahahahaaa.....

What size are those speakers? 5 1/4"?

Mike

The drivers seat looks great. Your speakers looked like the ones that I removed from the 88 and 87. I got my Leatherique kit this week, I can't wait to try it on the 95.

Nice work Allan!

I bet my speakers look just like your old ones! LOL! If I try to turn up the volume on my stereo any louder than say "a whisper", I get that paper flapping sound! Hhahahahaaa.....

What size are those speakers? 5 1/4"?

Mike

I wish 5 1/4.. to retain all stock aspects they are 4 inch to fit in original mounts

I wish 5 1/4.. to retain all stock aspects they are 4 inch to fit in original mounts

Crikey, that is small!

What model is the JVC unit? I think I'll pick up a pair and install them one of these days.......

Mike

If you have the clearance they do make some pretty beefy long throw heavy magnet 4 inchers, as compared to std 4". Check out MB Quart. The problem may be the dome tweeter protrusion.

Crikey, that is small!

What model is the JVC unit? I think I'll pick up a pair and install them one of these days.......

Mike

My head unit is an Alpine. These are the speakers I put in.. Doesnt matter how good a speaker you put in, the stereo will only sound so good without amps, bass etc.. Atleast now I can listen to a song at a reg volume level.

5.jpg

6.jpg

I did the passanger seat, and it looks fantastic. Like litterly close to brand new. This was the better of the two seats to begin with, I guess Mario didnt travel with many passengers.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

I decided to go all the way, and put the rejuvinator oil all in the interior, while I was at, I decided what the heck, might as well put a second coat on the seats as well. See if it helps any more by seaping into the creases where the pristine clean lifted the dirt.

4.jpg

I decided to go all the way, and put the rejuvinator oil all in the interior, while I was at, I decided what the heck, might as well put a second coat on the seats as well. See if it helps any more by seaping into the creases where the pristine clean lifted the dirt.

Did the second coat on the seats improve anything?

Did the second coat on the seats improve anything?

It seemed to slightly helped.. Nothing as much as the first coat though..

Anyone use their leatherique kit? Ive noticed over time the leather looks even better as it gets rid of some of the shine that was left.

Anyone use their leatherique kit? Ive noticed over time the leather looks even better as it gets rid of some of the shine that was left.

Just ordered a kit ... Should be here Mon next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Just ordered a kit ... Should be here Mon next week.

I played with the oils on some leather stuff I had in the house (shoes, belts, etc.) before attempting on other stuff. I like it! It makes the leather feel like it is new again.

I have decided to go all the way and do the interior on my 6.0. I choose to go in sections because there is a lot of leather, lol. Doing the dash was a royal PITA. I did some fancy yoga positions and used a stain brush to get into the corners where the windshield meets the dash. I did one coat on the entire dash on day one, and did a second coat day two. Next will be headliner and on back. I plan to coat everything first with the oil, let sit a few days, then use the pristine clean to remove all the dirt (which is hard to see on black leather). At the rate I am going, it's going to be two weeks before it's all done, lol.

I played with the oils on some leather stuff I had in the house (shoes, belts, etc.) before attempting on other stuff. I like it! It makes the leather feel like it is new again.

I have decided to go all the way and do the interior on my 6.0. I choose to go in sections because there is a lot of leather, lol. Doing the dash was a royal PITA. I did some fancy yoga positions and used a stain brush to get into the corners where the windshield meets the dash. I did one coat on the entire dash on day one, and did a second coat day two. Next will be headliner and on back. I plan to coat everything first with the oil, let sit a few days, then use the pristine clean to remove all the dirt (which is hard to see on black leather). At the rate I am going, it's going to be two weeks before it's all done, lol.

Very nice.. It took me about two weeks as well. I will be doing my Diablo soon too.