in this oorneer the MP4 weighing in at:

g-force

Because IMO they did not approach the tub correctly.

Possible, and Carbonfibre ist Carbonfibre. Weight can vary greatly depending on production methods.

However, let´s not forget that the Aventador, is a bigger car in general, engine is bigger and it is more luxurious than the 12C. I also think ist has more airbags. Nevertheless, Lambo could´ve done a much better job.

I think they can get by with much less, but they somehow opt to do not so. Perhaps because of the different cliente Lambo is(trying) to cater to. They want an easy supercar for the joe-average, fat and lazy millionaire(*cough*Allan*cough*) :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks fortis, good pics.

The difference in weight between the mp4-12c and the 12c spider is only the mechanical parts to move the hardtop. The aventador has no moving parts. So why the difference in weight? Because IMO they did not approach the tub correctly.

:iamwithstupid:

there is a huge difference in driving a 2900lb 12c compared to a 3600lb aventador around a road course. if the sv drops major LBS, Lambo could have a badass ride!

Lamborghini all wheel drive a few hundred extra pounds.

Lamborghini v12 a few hundred extra lbs.

Just the extra fluids in the v12 could be almostl 100 lbs

A few hundred here and a few hundred there tends to add up

The weight difference between roadster and hardtop is really insignificant, they are carrying too much weight in different parts of the car or they intentionally beefed it up so they can easy go on a diet for the SV, who knows?

Every extra 100kg makes a world of difference, LP560 to LP570 completely different car and the significant difference is weight reduction.

I just red today that the weight of the entire 2013 R8 alloy space frame is only 210 kg so there isn't a great deal of difference between it and the carbon tub for example, no idea what the solution is but I am sure the Gallardo replacement in standard trim will weigh above 1450kg which will be a shame.

The McLaren MP4-12C's chassis is a little less than 80 kg :P

I think they can get by with much less, but they somehow opt to do not so. Perhaps because of the different cliente Lambo is(trying) to cater to. They want an easy supercar for the joe-average, fat and lazy millionaire(*cough*Allan*cough*) :icon_mrgreen:

:tyson:

Thanks fortis, good pics.

The difference in weight between the mp4-12c and the 12c spider is only the mechanical parts to move the hardtop. The aventador has no moving parts. So why the difference in weight? Because IMO they did not approach the tub correctly.

The MP4 has a CF tub that weighs 80 kg and according to this ( http://www.9tro.com/cars/reviews/mclaren-12c-spider ) has 23,000 NM/degree of torsional rigidity.

The Aventador has a CF cell that weights 147 kg but offers 35,000 NM/degree of torsional rigidity. So rather than engineer the chassis to become topless from the get-go they opted to go for a stiffer chassis for the coupe and then re-enforce it when it came time for the roadster.

The engine of the Aventador weighs 235 kg and the MP4 is 199 kg. Thats a difference of about 80 lbs. The chassis of the MP4 weighs 150 lbs less. That gives us 230 lbs. Adding the AWD for another 150 lbs gives us 380 lbs.

I'm guessing there is a lot of weight to be lost on the aventador though, but we won't see this until later versions. IIRC all of the body panels of the Murcielago were CF except the doors and roof. The Aventador doesn't a CF bumpers, for instance. Lets not forget that the Veneno, which is a lightened Aventador, is at least 275 lbs lighter. 380 + 275 = 655 lbs. That accounts for most of the weight difference between the MP4 and LP700 :)

If they ever opt to go RWD, then we know that it's possible to shave off another 100-150 lbs and have a car that's 425 lbs lighter than the current LP700.

There's no way the lambo V12 and McLaren 12C powerplant are within 35kg....

According to this thread (and wikipedia) the MP-12C unit is 199 kg and the the Aventador unit is 235 kg.

http://www.germancarforum.com/community/th...e-weights.5892/

Something also interesting, the Aventador transmission is 79 kg (not 70) vs a 458's which is 120 kg. That's a 90 lbs difference which is pretty significant.

Interesting read here: http://www.oerlikon.com/graziano/en/media/...l/?udtx_id=8206

According to this thread (and wikipedia) the MP-12C unit is 199 kg and the the Aventador unit is 235 kg.

http://www.germancarforum.com/community/th...e-weights.5892/

Something also interesting, the Aventador transmission is 79 kg (not 70) vs a 458's which is 120 kg. That's a 90 lbs difference which is pretty significant.

Interesting read here: http://www.oerlikon.com/graziano/en/media/...l/?udtx_id=8206

Not sure how accurate any of these numbers are. Sometimes engine weights are given with fluids/without fluids, with accessories/without accessories, sometimes the weight of the exhaust and intake plumbing is included and sometimes its not. If you're not comparing apples to apples it doesn't matter.

Either way you slice up the numbers there is about an 800 lb. difference between an Aventador and an MP4. I've weighed both cars on my scale so I can say those numbers were pretty accurate.

Not sure how accurate any of these numbers are. Sometimes engine weights are given with fluids/without fluids, with accessories/without accessories, sometimes the weight of the exhaust and intake plumbing is included and sometimes its not. If you're not comparing apples to apples it doesn't matter.

Either way you slice up the numbers there is about an 800 lb. difference between an Aventador and an MP4. I've weighed both cars on my scale so I can say those numbers were pretty accurate.

i was 100lbs off lol

You are correct the numbers add up

Aventador DRY

3472 coupe

3583 Roadster

McLaren DRY

2868 with lightweight options

2945 without

You have 715lbs

Plus add all the additional fluids the Aventador holds