Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

Verde Mantis has never been on an Aventador.

My favorite "Veneno inspired" surprise in the Huracan hasn't been shown yet. I'm shocked. I guess they're waiting for Geneva. Some might think of it as a minor thing but IMO it's huge! I look forward to all of your reactions. IMO it will make the experience that much more special. No more hints. Many of you will think it's no big deal but some will agree with me.

an Aventador LP 720-4 50 th seen on testing before delivery on the Balboni highway friday january 10 at 11.30 a.m. looked to be verde Mantis, a pearl color. I had never saw that color before so maybe i'm wrong. You mean the 2wd driving mode selecting by the red switch on the steering wheel that allows you to do the exagon project final scene manouvre on the factory yard? I'm just guessing, this time: i have no serious info. ciao

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt the same in the 458, first time I jumped in I had no idea where things were very frustrating but Audi's system is quite intuitive.

In relation to the Alcantara, the option list has roofline and A pillars in Alcantara as an option but it says nothing about the doors so I assume they come as standard when selecting the Sportivo with Alcantara option.

The steering wheel should look great specially if they will use red stitching but they are using suede rather than Alcantara and in my 570 the suede looked quite worn and flat after not a lot of use, I wish they used Alcantara instead.

Suede looks good but after a month's use, it looks very worn and if you have sweaty hands, good luck... But is Alcantara more durable? I supposed so but I am contemplating the Unicolour Sportivo Alcantara option but I always wonder why I would want to pay more for less leather and more polyester...

maybe because they are trying to persuade boring people to buy their cars too and not just only prancing donkey cars... :D

ciao

Haven't you all noticed that the spy videos and all had the Huracan in Silver which to me was a very special colour ON A LAMBO.

Well, to be honest, I always thought (I never owned a Lambo and this is my first) Lambo should be in classic MIURA special colours like California Yellow, Lime Green or Miura Jota's orange. White was a poster car but it seems like since BATMAN and Reventon, the more muted colours like battleship grey became a trend. I am unsure if I want my Lambo to be in a contemporary colour but perhaps you are spot on, Lambo wants to grow up and diversify and lure low key understated buyers to buy their cars. They make sure that besides being flamboyant and garish, it can also be have a muted and understated personality and that it wants to be taken as an everyday supercar for business men and entrepreneurs alike.

Perhaps silver is back but I really would have a hard time ordering it in Silver.

I am more for Arancio Borealis and Giallo Midas. Also, over here, from a resale perspective, grey, black and muted colours don't sell.

I have remembered a few more bits of info that the guys from the factory gave me at the preview:-

1) The car sounds glorious. They told me that they tried to mimic as near as possible the sound from the re-mapped Aventador

2) The creases on the bonnet are in fact narrow gullies. If you look at the car front on you will notice they line of these creases continues on the roof. The roof crease lines fork for about 100 to 150mm just behind the windscreen forming triangular shapes. These crease lines are there for a reason. It has enabled the roof to be a double bubble design ala Zagato roofs, but much toned down. Its not obvious at first but once it was explained to me I saw it. The purpose is to give better headroom for taller customers.

3) There are a lot of aerodynamics going on at the rear. The design of the engine cover is specifically designed to channel air flow down on to the rear wing from the top of the car. The rear wing is fixed. It reminded me in a way of the fixed rear wing on the Ferrari F430. The engine cover does not completely extend to the rear of the car. Just forward of the wind ie the lowest point of the engine cover it is open for about approx 100mm. The car is designed such that air flow from the engine egresses through this gap and also hits the wing causing even more downforce. The cross sectional profile of the lip of the cover at the open end has been designed to control the airflow direct on to the wing.

If I remember anything else I'll post up.

an Aventador LP 720-4 50 th seen on testing before delivery on the Balboni highway friday january 10 at 11.30 a.m. looked to be verde Mantis, a pearl color. I had never saw that color before so maybe i'm wrong. You mean the 2wd driving mode selecting by the red switch on the steering wheel that allows you to do the exagon project final scene manouvre on the factory yard? I'm just guessing, this time: i have no serious info. ciao

Was it a 720 Roadster or Coupe? Whatever that color was, it definitely wasn't Verde Mantis since no one would have known to order that color at the time the build would have been done. Let me know if it's a coupe or roadster. It will be interesting to see if that car ever pops up and we can identify the color that you saw. Are you sure it wasn't the 50th yellow color?

I saw it in person Fridat night at the London preview. The model was standard gloss white. Not a great color for it.

Some snap shot thoughts:

It's a small Porsche like evolution; It looks great, the interior is far better. Seats much more supportive, steering wheel was nice. Air vents were tacky. It sounds exactly the same as the LP560 on start up. Same exact exhaust tips. Didn't like the rear view mirror, seemed a funny shape. Rear visibility not as good as LP560. Front screen is not curved at all - it feels larger and further away from you than the LP560. Engine bay looks nice with forged carbon. Trunk is smaller than the LP. Now has front and rear sensors which i missed on my LP560. No LED light package in the engine bay. More space behind the seats and there is actually a centre console storage area now. Push button start gimmicky but looks cool along with the new dash layout. Pop out handles were functional. Engine itself looked very similar, i'm curious to see how it drives and i did laugh at the big deal they made out about the drivability of the new double clutch during the presentation - saying it's great, light and easy to use and blah blah blah. I feel like they should have had this system in the Aventador (for better or worse) upon it's launch and still don't believe that they ideally wanted the single clutch in it as opposed to not wanting to or rather being able to develop it within the VW group so that it could share costs etc - there was no place for one that could have been used elsewhere at that output. I may be wrong but that's just my personal opinion.

Overall: after 10 years i wanted to be blown away by the replacement LP. Instead, they've simply given it a small evolution in terms of looks and technology and in my opinion have played it safe so that sales continue as they did with the LP - to be the most popular and successful Lamborghini made. There is a downside to this though: i was not blown away and i have no desire to own the car, especially at it's price point. A loaded one here will be 220k and that's 15k short of a 1 year old Aventador. Pretty much every one of the 5 people i attended with agreed on this point. They just haven't done enough to make pre-existing buyers go gaga over it in my opinion.

Would i buy one over anything else in the mid-range super car segment it competes in new? Yes. Would I buy one new against a 1 year old exotic of a different price range that's done some depreciation? I very much doubt it.

I am agreeing with you. Thats why I gave the price. I also agree the transaction price would be lower. Sub £220 in my view.

The £ sign before the 229,500 was a big clue to the currency

Used Aventadors for 235k???? :eusa_think:

Do your research http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...ghini/aventador

It's a small Porsche like evolution;

I think the design is good, I like the Gallardo, I think it is a classic design and a difficult place to move on from but this is as succinct a sentence as you are going to get.

Yes I would like one and whilst I am (not) happy to admit I am not in a position to purchase one I just think it lacks a little sprinkling of something. A nearly product. A fantastic one but a nearly product.

Yup. They're trading at 205-210 from what i hear.

Chaos - that's how i felt - lovely car but underwhelmed. It's just not that much of a step forward compared to the LP560. I wanted something radical - a Lamborghini. This is just too safe to appease the masses and order books.

Deep breath everyone. I wasn't getting on LA-Brits case I just thought he meant 335k. I didnt catch the fact that he was in London even though I should have remembered from his Porsche thread.

Besides we all know the two most controversial topics on LP are the cost of used Aventadors and the actual HP Stig will put down. :eusa_dance:

Chaos - that's how i felt - lovely car but underwhelmed. It's just not that much of a step forward compared to the LP560. I wanted something radical - a Lamborghini. This is just too safe to appease the masses and order books.

That seems to be the lie of the land at VAG. The Porsche approach. Look at the Bentley Continental GT replacement. Tweak here, tweak there. Good car but nothing that given the funds makes you at the dealer.

tumblr_inline_mp2743cEVa1qz4rgp.gif

Last night I red the Aventador thread (plenty of spare time on my hands), coincidently started by Assman, well done Assman :icon_thumleft: the evolution of the thread is almost identical, I laughed at the flipping of some people as the thread was progressing, the fact that Allan was predicting the collapse of Lamborghini because of the Aventador, it was during the time he was a huge Ferrari fan I LMAO, most were saying the car will not sell and it will depreciate quicker than a new Benz and they will wait 12 months to buy it at around $200k :icon_mrgreen: (they must be still waiting), it was good to read posts by Donnie, few banned members :icon_mrgreen: very entertaining to say the least.

I see this thread is evolving in the same manner, following the Aventador thread almost identically, hilarious!

Last night I red the Aventador thread (plenty of spare time on my hands), coincidently started by Assman, well done Assman :icon_thumleft: the evolution of the thread is almost identical, I laughed at the flipping of some people as the thread was progressing, the fact that Allan was predicting the collapse of Lamborghini because of the Aventador, it was during the time he was a huge Ferrari fan I LMAO, most were saying the car will not sell and it will depreciate quicker than a new Benz and they will wait 12 months to buy it at around $200k :icon_mrgreen: (they must be still waiting), it was good to read posts by Donnie, few banned members :icon_mrgreen: very entertaining to say the least.

I see this thread is evolving in the same manner, following the Aventador thread almost identically, hilarious!

The thread is currently undergoing the British Meh affect :)

It's going to sell like hot cakes. Fact!

I am just saying after having an LP560 and doing 15k in it over 2 years i'm at a stage where i'd want something more special unless i was going to daily one again where this will be absolutely perfect for the task.

I understand the design in your eyes is more evolutionary rather than revolutionary but you can't say the tech is the same, it has DCT, magnetic suspension, direct steering, haldex electronically controlled AWD system, a brand new engine brand new interior and electronics etc.

You understand the evolution of the Gallardo series and how different they were with subtle mechanical modifications, like the difference between an 04 - 06 - 09 - SL etc. you'd jump in a car with you brain preprogrammed thinking sure it can't be any different but you ended up being quite shocked by the difference in drive.

I think your opinion is very much influenced by your disappointment in the design the fact that you didn't see a more radical design and the fact that the car is closely priced to a used car which will make very little difference to potential buyers in other markets (even your market due to lack of choice and stock availability) because price differences vary from location to location ie here there is a $300k price difference between a 1 year old Aventador and a new Huracan so buying a Huracan is a no brainer.

I expected a few to feel like you, most will come back some will buy something else, the Huracan will be a huge success, locally 5 were sold over the last two weeks, unprecedented for our location, I think the car is fantastic and I absolutely love the design because I love the Gallardo and I am more than happy to have an evolution of it but with the latest tech and gadgetry!

I am sorry to hear you don't like it and you won't be buying one, I know it's disappointing for you when you had other expectations and they haven't been met!!

The thread is currently undergoing the British Meh affect :)

So true :lol2:

I recommend everyone reading the Aventador thread it is hilarious! you will certainly be entertained!

I agree that a pre owned Aventador can be had for an optioned Huracan. I am lead to believe £185k base price, probably £200k to £210k optioned.

I don't think this will impact sales. I am fairly sure that new Gallardos had robust sales numbers when their price equalled or exceeded that of pre owned Murcielagos.

I still think the Huracan is a fantastic car and would choose it any day over the 458 or MP4-12C

I have remembered a few more bits of info that the guys from the factory gave me at the preview:-

If I remember anything else I'll post up.

Thank you for the info I really enjoy your description of the design, I am not sure I would pick on the design details even in person :icon_mrgreen: please post more :icon_thumleft: