Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going at 10am on Feb 6th....

2015 MP4-12Cs has 641 HP, but not retro to older cars... :(

until the mid 2014 update comes out... rumor is another 40hp bump!

im going to the lambo Miami feb 8th showing. if anyone else from here is going let me know.

I'm going at 10am on Feb 6th....

2015 MP4-12Cs has 641 HP, but not retro to older cars... :(

How confirmed is that? I thought I read somewhere on Mac forums that it was 650hp and you could retrofit it on older cars, although not for free.

It's a permanent 4WD system electronically controlled with another trick up its sleeve :icon_mrgreen:

Does it become FWD? :icon_mrgreen:

How confirmed is that? I thought I read somewhere on Mac forums that it was 650hp and you could retrofit it on older cars, although not for free.

sounds right, but I don't think it will be free per fikse :(

they just did the same thing with the new iris update. this will be included in the new models but $3700 if you want to add it on a early car.

Like a 1978 Datsun 210!

You onto something, look at those louvers, that begs the question, the chicken or the egg :eusa_think:

image.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

Just came back from the LA showing. Very nice! Car has a lot of presence. Looks wider than the Gallardo, though I'm sure it's not. Only nit would be that the rear bumper/defuser looks a little plasticy. So do a couple of the interior bits. But that's really small potatoes, imo. Compared to the price of the car, I say this is a hit! Question now is: What color?!

One note of warning for people going to LA showing: DO NOT BRING A NICE CAR! We drove down there in the Diablo 6.0, and when the valet came back with it, it was smoking like crazy out the engine bay and reeking of clutch!! He didn't know how to turn off the parking brake, so he just drove with it on while riding the clutch. fcuking unbelievable! Anyway, event management promised that they'll "take care of it". But WTF that you can't drive a fcuking Lamborghini to a Lamborghini event without having it damaged. /rant

Just came back from the LA showing. Very nice! Car has a lot of presence. Looks wider than the Gallardo, though I'm sure it's not. Only nit would be that the rear bumper/defuser looks a little plasticy. So do a couple of the interior bits. But that's really small potatoes, imo. Compared to the price of the car, I say this is a hit! Question now is: What color?!

One note of warning for people going to LA showing: DO NOT BRING A NICE CAR! We drove down there in the Diablo 6.0, and when the valet came back with it, it was smoking like crazy out the engine bay and reeking of clutch!! He didn't know how to turn off the parking brake, so he just drove with it on while riding the clutch. fcuking unbelievable! Anyway, event management promised that they'll "take care of it". But WTF that you can't drive a fcuking Lamborghini to a Lamborghini event without having it damaged. /rant

Awesome regarding the Huracan. Unbelievable regarding the freaking valet! This happened to me in Porsche 3 pedal manual at a Four Seasons once and I could not contain my rage and blew up at the valet and the Hotel GM replaced the valet company within a week! I universally hate valets! I never ever trust my Lambo with any valet now! I sympathize with your experience!

In relation to your car I am very sorry to hear that I hope they didn't cause a lot of damage, I hate valet parking any of my cars.

In relation to the Huracan in am glad you like it, now, I was told by the dealer that the perforated grill above the rear bar is actually cast alloy and not plastic, have you noticed that to be the case? I find it hard to believe but it would be a nice touch, I dislike those plastic grills.

Just finished LA viewing. Car is all that. Quality is top notch. Like Webster said the ass looks nice and big. Lots of hexagon design elements throughout.

Favorite design element, the 'cowl' over the steering/instruments. From the front of the car looks like a part of a. Spaceship.

Least liked- the new cf in the engine bay. It looked like particle board, I much prefer the weaved cf.

The glass bonnet is tits. I think it's great. I think a louvered glass bonnet would be better.

Cool small design, the reverse lights. 4 led's (2each side) light up just below the tail lights. Very spaceship.

Car shown in silver why!?!

No Bluetooth audio from Phone, what?

Interior so luxurious high quality materials. Center controls nice, reverse lever cool. Home run IMO

Creases in front hood will be a pain to clear bra but done in a contrast color will look like bullhorns.

Good integration if reverse camera/parking sensors.

Rear diffuser like a small version of 50anniv vent, more aggressive version would look better.

No gascap. No more heavy ass gascap to

Drop/lose.

Also 75% torque @ 1000rpm per presentation.

I think they'll sell a shitload of them.

Presentation wasn't as nice as Lambo usually does them, no booze, no bands no hot models.

Going to the 1pm showing tomorrow in LA. Anyone else from here going?

I saw you at the Unocal on sunset/pch today, that's a pretty 6.0. I was at the Chervon filling up my beater M3.

The showing is close to my office, same street. I drove past it this morning on the way home. I would street park an exotic, plenty of spaces. The valets looked like they were really excited and massively unskilled.

So I managed to find the msrp for the US and the UK, but can't seem to locate it in Euro ... there is an option price list in Euro but not the base price ... anyone care to share it?

Could you post the options price list? Thanks.

until the mid 2014 update comes out... rumor is another 40hp bump!

You know Chevy will just follow suit and bump their power!! .... They said there's way more power in that new engine and they haven't finished tweaking it to production form.

Plus ..... The 12C's 443 lb-ft or torque is no match for the 635+ lb-ft of the Z07 !

:)

Just finished LA viewing. Car is all that. Quality is top notch. Like Webster said the ass looks nice and big. Lots of hexagon design elements throughout.

Favorite design element, the 'cowl' over the steering/instruments. From the front of the car looks like a part of a. Spaceship.

Least liked- the new cf in the engine bay. It looked like particle board, I much prefer the weaved cf.

The glass bonnet is tits. I think it's great. I think a louvered glass bonnet would be better.

Cool small design, the reverse lights. 4 led's (2each side) light up just below the tail lights. Very spaceship.

Car shown in silver why!?!

No Bluetooth audio from Phone, what?

Interior so luxurious high quality materials. Center controls nice, reverse lever cool. Home run IMO

Creases in front hood will be a pain to clear bra but done in a contrast color will look like bullhorns.

Good integration if reverse camera/parking sensors.

Rear diffuser like a small version of 50anniv vent, more aggressive version would look better.

No gascap. No more heavy ass gascap to

Drop/lose.

Also 75% torque @ 1000rpm per presentation.

I think they'll sell a shitload of them.

Presentation wasn't as nice as Lambo usually does them, no booze, no bands no hot models.

Considering you weren't very impressed with the Aventador at the first viewing all of the above sound very good.

I can't believe you didn't like the forged carbon, is it that bad? I am getting the louvered cover anyway. Thank you for the info.

I can't believe you didn't like the forged carbon, is it that bad? I am getting the louvered cover anyway. Thank you for the info.

I have seen the Forged Composite carbon fiber on the Aventador J and the Veneno ... personally I prefer the usual carbon fiber weave too in fact.

I wouldn't call it 'bad' to be honest ... more an 'acquired taste' ... it looks different, I would even call it less 'luxurious' looking compared to usual carbon weave, especially with a high gloss clear coat ... I think the forged composite is always sating coated (at least the ones I've seen)

Check out this image of the Aventador J:

aventador_j_131.jpg

The rear section and rear wing show the usual carbon fiber weave while the license plate is forged composite ... this nicely shows the different look.

Saw the Huracán, with Arancio Borealis color.

Honestly I was disappointed when I saw 'leaked' rendering and photos, but after seeing real, felt: Still Lamborghini.

I love Mimas rims but also Giano rims are beautiful too.

Hope to see it with Nero Nemesis asap.

Really impressive to me.