Looking at Aventadors

ToofDoc

When is all that new options, cylinder shut down, and DCT coming out? I see that 2013s are still ISRs. So is it Aventadors bullt in 2013s (2014 MY)?

So this year (really now) is when you can order/build ISR Aventadors, huh?

When is all that new options, cylinder shut down, and DCT coming out? I see that 2013s are still ISRs. So is it Aventadors bullt in 2013s (2014 MY)?

So this year (really now) is when you can order/build ISR Aventadors, huh?

Cars being delivered now are MY13. They have the new suspension settings (more comfortable ride), start/stop (only in strada mode), cylinder deactivation (easily bypassed), and the new software (which is a free update for 2011 and 2012 cars).

There are some MY12's still on the market. With the new software (free update), the car is much improved IMO.

The MY13 fuel saving features cannot be retrofitted to the MY11 or 12, so if those features appeal to you a 2013 car is the only way to go.

There are no plans that I am aware of to change the Aventador to a dual clutch transmission. All Aventadors have their exclusive ISR transmission.

Best of Luck!

There are no plans that I am aware of to change the Aventador to a dual clutch transmission. All Aventadors have their exclusive ISR transmission.

ISR forever! Personally I like the raw-punch-you-in-the-back-of-the-head feel as opposed to the OCD smooth shifting of the DCT. But that's just me.

Thanks Ragin!

So the MY13s (built late 2012) are the ones that can come with Dione wheels? Wasn't there interior CF package too?

Thanks Ragin!

So the MY13s (built late 2012) are the ones that can come with Dione wheels? Wasn't there interior CF package too?

Dione wheels are a cost option ($8200 I think), the Iperione wheels are still standard. Anyone can order the Dione wheels and have them put on. As for the CF package, I dont think there are any cars out there with them as an option yet. It may be something you can now spec on a build, but couldn't as of a few months ago.

Dione wheels are a cost option ($8200 I think), the Iperione wheels are still standard. Anyone can order the Dione wheels and have them put on. As for the CF package, I dont think there are any cars out there with them as an option yet. It may be something you can now spec on a build, but couldn't as of a few months ago.

I'll find out tomorrow about the CF interior options...I most likely will build my Aventador and wait versus buying an existing on in the show room.

2013 MY pricings are still quite inflated.

I'll find out tomorrow about the CF interior options...I most likely will build my Aventador and wait versus buying an existing on in the show room.

2013 MY pricings are still quite inflated.

I know of a 2012 Aventador that went for 40k over sticker and a 2013 that went for 60k over in the past month. They are still very strong. IMO it is worthy of being a million plus car.

Carbon fiber is available. As VBOXKING said, the Dione wheels can be ordered. They are already on my 2012 Aventador. :icon_thumleft:

I know of a 2012 Aventador that went for 40k over sticker and a 2013 that went for 60k over in the past month. They are still very strong. IMO it is worthy of being a million plus car.

Carbon fiber is available. As VBOXKING said, the Dione wheels can be ordered. They are already on my 2012 Aventador. :icon_thumleft:

Wow they're still going over at the moment your side of the pond? Market has weakened here.

Wow they're still going over at the moment your side of the pond? Market has weakened here.

Must be the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car driving the market down.... :P (I kidd I kidd) :)

What are they going for over there? Are you telling me that new Aventador's are going for sticker or less?

If so, I just might have to learn how to drive from the passenger's side of the car! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

On a side note: ToofDoc, you just put your deposit on the Gallardo replacement and now you're shopping Aventadors. Pretty Awesome!

2014 MY (2013 late year build dates)...

Great options!!

4 Exterior CF packages

2 Interior CF packages

New exterior colors

I plan to get a late 2013 build for a MY 2014!

On a side note: ToofDoc, you just put your deposit on the Gallardo replacement and now you're shopping Aventadors. Pretty Awesome!

Thanks....I contacted my dealer and forgoed the "Cabrera". I'm sure it'll be an amazing car but I want the big Bull!

Reallocated my deposit from Cabrera build to a 2014 Aventador!

You are out of control. If you spec the car with all the options checked there will be nothing for you to mod later!!!!

New color option Grigio Titans (matte grey) available for 2014 MY, anyone have seen this color? Is it dark or light grey?

New color option Grigio Titans (matte grey) available for 2014 MY, anyone have seen this color? Is it dark or light grey?

Good for you Andy! Maybe the new color code resembles the reventon grey? That would look awesome!

First post...sounds as if ToofDoc and I are facing a similar situation. My order has been placed for a 2014 Aventador scheduled for production during the fourth quarter of 2013.

2010 Gallardo 560-4 Spyder

2013 BMW X5 M

First post...sounds as if ToofDoc and I are facing a similar situation. My order has been placed for a 2014 Aventador scheduled for production during the fourth quarter of 2013.

Welcome!

Would definitely like to see some pics of the Grigio Titans. If it's anything similar to the Reventon's color then it will for sure look amazing!

Has anyone actually driven an Aventador with cylinder deactivation yet? On some cars the shift isn't perceptible, all the driver's aware of is longer stints between petrol stations.

Engine stop/start is bullshit on any car though (with the exception of hybrids, in which the engine naturally cuts in and out all the time), glad they have the sense to limit it to one gearbox mode.

Good for you Andy! Maybe the new color code resembles the reventon grey? That would look awesome!

That would be sweet!!

Reventon grey!!

Dione wheels are a $6,780 option.

You are correct if you want silver ones for LP700-4 or high gloss black for LP720-4. Otherwise, High Gloss Black or Matt Titanium Dione are a $8600 option for LP700-4s.

My dealer does not have any pictures of the Grigio Titans (matte finish) yet since it's a brand new paint color for 2014 MY. However, he did inform me that I can Ad Personam the Reventon color (Grigio Reventon)!! :icon_super:

You are correct if you want silver ones for LP700-4 or high gloss black for LP720-4. Otherwise, High Gloss Black or Matt Titanium Dione are a $8600 option for LP700-4s.

In that case, you're better off getting unpainted calipers and wheels, and painting them to your liking through a paint shop.

My dealer does not have any pictures of the Grigio Titans (matte finish) yet since it's a brand new paint color for 2014 MY. However, he did inform me that I can Ad Personam the Reventon color (Grigio Reventon)!! :icon_super:

That really really surprises me! AWESOME NEWS!

In that case, you're better off getting unpainted calipers and wheels, and painting them to your liking through a paint shop.

Does that void the warranty (i.e. if you powdercoat them)? I heard painting would likely not since they calipers aren't disassembled but power coating (with baking) gives Lambo the eebee jebeees. True?