My Tentative Build Specs

ToofDoc

Submitted an unique interior "ad personam" request to Lamborghini today! Hope they approve! If the request does get approved, it'll be sweet! Dealer say it'll be couple of weeks til we hear back.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Submitted an unique interior "ad personam" request to Lamborghini today! Hope they approve! If the request does get approved, it'll be sweet! Dealer say it'll be couple of weeks til we hear back.

look forward to hearing about that . :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 months later...

Toofdoc - There were two Aventador roadsters at the UK 50th held at Silverstone in late July. One had the bog standard exterior plastic trim and the other was generously loaded with CF trim. For me the CF exterior parts take an already fantastic car to another level. I applaud your spec choices. Anyone that can afford it should consider a similar route.

I look forward to the photos posted up when it arrives

Updates on my build

Titanium Diones to Shiny Black Diones

Multiple interior ad personam changes (details to be shared once approved by Lamborghini)

Removed Full Interior CF package (Removed CF seats)

Added Interior CF package

Nero Adebarans to Grigio Titans

When they selling you a car I know they have started to price them right :icon_mrgreen:

here there's no cash, cash no..........................robbo

"no cash!"

Updates on my build

Titanium Diones to Shiny Black Diones

Multiple interior ad personam changes (details to be shared once approved by Lamborghini)

Removed Full Interior CF package (Removed CF seats)

Added Interior CF package

Nero Adebarans to Grigio Titans

Hey Doc: When did they tell you your car would arrive? I was told today by a dealer in Florida that a car ordered today would not arrive until about August of nest year, 2014 and would most likely be a 2015. I don't want to wait a year so will probably not order the car.

Hey Doc: When did they tell you your car would arrive? I was told today by a dealer in Florida that a car ordered today would not arrive until about August of nest year, 2014 and would most likely be a 2015. I don't want to wait a year so will probably not order the car.

That's probably correct because I'd you order one right now, your dealership probably have their allocated build slots already taken buy buyers before you.

Dealerships only get x-amount of build slots, those build slots (allocation dates) are taken up by who pays their deposit first. Once those allocation slots are taken for the year then you'll go to the next available allocation slots next year!

Once you have an allocation slot build date, the car actually only takes 3-4 months to build.

People wait a long time mainly because their dealership ran out of their allocation slots for that year and slots for the year after.

For example, we're in August, for the last quarter of the year 2013, my dealership only has one slot guaranteed by Lamborghini to build a Roadster left! I just happen to have that last spot. That build slot may be in October, November or even in December, we don't know? Once it starts to build, itll take 3-4 month to finish.

Anyone after me who actually put full deposit down already, their allocation slot won't be til in 2014 and even later. If we have 4 more orders after me, then you can see how far their orders can be dragged out. Dealerships only probably get 3-4 build slot a year? Some more, some less?

That's probably correct because I'd you order one right now, your dealership probably have their allocated build slots already taken buy buyers before you.

Dealerships only get x-amount of build slots, those build slots (allocation dates) are taken up by who pays their deposit first. Once those allocation slots are taken for the year then you'll go to the next available allocation slots next year!

Once you have an allocation slot build date, the car actually only takes 3-4 months to build.

People wait a long time mainly because their dealership ran out of their allocation slots for that year and slots for the year after.

For example, we're in August, for the last quarter of the year 2013, my dealership only has one slot guaranteed by Lamborghini to build a Roadster left! I just happen to have that last spot. That build slot may be in October, November or even in December, we don't know? Once it starts to build, itll take 3-4 month to finish.

Anyone after me who actually put full deposit down already, their allocation slot won't be til in 2014 and even later. If we have 4 more orders after me, then you can see how far their orders can be dragged out. Dealerships only probably get 3-4 build slot a year? Some more, some less?

Thanks for the reply! The Dealer is going to let me know in about a week. Seems like the guy in charge of allocation is on vacation right now.

Thanks for the reply! The Dealer is going to let me know in about a week. Seems like the guy in charge of allocation is on vacation right now.

Once your dealer tell you their availability, you may want to call other dealerships to see if they have their allocation spots still available for 2013 (this year) or sooner. I know a dealership posted online last week that need their allocation spot filled by the end of August, if they didn't find a buyer for that Roadster slot, then the dealership looses their allocation spot. That spot is for December delivery.

Here's what they said:

--------------------------------------

Garnett Motorcars

WE ARE OFFERING A DELIVERY SPOT OF DECEMBER 2013 ON THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER LAMBORGHINI EVER. WE NEED TO HAVE THIS SPOT SOLD BEFORE THE END OF AUGUST TO INSURE A DECEMBER DELIVERY. YOU WILL PAY WINDOW STICKER FOR THE CAR WHEN THE SPOT IS SOLD. AS YOU KNOW, THERE IS A LARGE WAITING LIST FOR THESE CARS. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR OR SO, CALL RYAN TODAY AT 281-924-9100.

If it sells by the end of this week, you can custom order the car like you want. I'm on a time crunch here if you want the car delivered by Dec 2013. We are listing this for a client of ours. We will put you in contact with the client should you be interested in this spot.

Lamborghini AVENTADOR ROADSTER YOU ARE PURCHASING A SPOT TO BUY Warranty Information

--------------------------------

ToofDoc is correct. I placed an order for a 2014 Aventador accompanied with a deposit in April of this year. The order was accepted by the factory in May and the dealer received an allocation for the build the same month. The car is now "in process" with an estimated completion date in October.

A month or so ago I took a trip to the dealer to see the facilities and to check on the status of my order. All was not well. Pulling up the pro forma indicated the sell price had declined because, according to the Lamborghini rep, the factory placed restrictions on certain options. It may be possible to retrofit the options but the deletion is disappointing.

I purchased my Gallardo Spyder new from dealer stock in June 2011 so the non-availability issue did not present. The same problem did arise when ordering a 2011 Porsche Turbo S with similar options. This appears to be pervasive among different brands.

A month or so ago I took a trip to the dealer to see the facilities and to check on the status of my order. All was not well. Pulling up the pro forma indicated the sell price had declined because, according to the Lamborghini rep, the factory placed restrictions on certain options.

You mind sharing what options were deleted or became unavailable for our 2014 builds?

For my order the option(s) deleted was (were) the carbon fiber interior option which I believe includes the seats and trim. I suspect retrofitting the trim, excluding the door handles, will not pose problems. The seats, however, may be troublesome. Ever since I saw the carbon fiber seat trim on a 599 it became a must have option for me. The costs...who knows? I am not pleased...actually irritated.

There may be other options on restriction. If your sales rep checks with Lambo and knows your specific options along the month of your build he can get the information. Apparently, availability, restriction, etc. are to some extent a function of timing of the build. It is disappointing to see coupes and roadsters now arriving with the options I ordered.

While I am venting the irony of the situation is I was offered a build for a roadster in April with the options I selected for delivery in July. Now I am annoyed...thinking about this results in a rather foul humor.

Hope your build encounters no set backs and you do not have to experience the same frustration.

For my order the option(s) deleted was (were) the carbon fiber interior option which I believe includes the seats and trim. I suspect retrofitting the trim, excluding the door handles, will not pose problems. The seats, however, may be troublesome. Ever since I saw the carbon fiber seat trim on a 599 it became a must have option for me. The costs...who knows? I am not pleased...actually irritated.

There may be other options on restriction. If your sales rep checks with Lambo and knows your specific options along the month of your build he can get the information. Apparently, availability, restriction, etc. are to some extent a function of timing of the build. It is disappointing to see coupes and roadsters now arriving with the options I ordered.

While I am venting the irony of the situation is I was offered a build for a roadster in April with the options I selected for delivery in July. Now I am annoyed...thinking about this results in a rather foul humor.

Hope your build encounters no set backs and you do not have to experience the same frustration.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I've haven't heard others not being able to get what they ordered once they've ordered it? Interesting to hear that some options may not be available depending on when in the year our car is being built?