Kid has a great point

marley

I'm not talking about the way he approached the situation but the point he was putting across. How can you expect children to get interested in a subject when you are just handing out packets and sitting behind a desk? I had subjects that I excelled at because I was interested and I had subjects that I excelled at because my teachers made me interested by getting involved. On the other side of the coin I had subjects that I just wasn't good at because not only was I not interested in subject the teacher wasn't interested in teaching the subject.

Is this the proper way to get across a message? fcuk no. Does this negate the importance of the subject? Absolutely not.

Here i am watching nothing instead of signature. Where is the post and what is the talk on which the kid has a point? Guid me please..........

............. Kid needs to work on his vocabulory

And wardrobe, oh and while he's out maybe he can find a barber.

Education is totally screwed in this country. I just just graduated college (on my own dime) and took quite a bit away from it - only because I PUT INTO it what I wanted to get back. Many profs didn't give a damn and the only thing I got back from them was maybe my own research and a grade, maybe a though-provoking lecture. The moment I stopped attending college for the piece of paper was the moment I began to really give a shit and took challenging courses. I had one professor who really knew his shit and challenged his students despite what the administration wanted - to lower the standards. He refused - and made us read a stack of books critically and write effectively and clearly. Whatever we put into that class was returned to us ten-fold in grading comments, meetings, and in-class discussion - truly a rare case.

Most teachers are absolute garbage. Education majors are notorious within the educational community for being the biggest idiots on campus. Many go into teaching for all the wrong reasons and you end up with an administration to match it: Lazy, ineffective, top-down management with absolutely no dialog between teachers/admin.

The real reason why education sucks? Very few people read, even fewer read critically. Also - very few people can write well, even fewer write effectively. (This applies to the dolt education majors who become your children's teachers).

The bar used to be set *here*, then gets lowered to get more passing grades, then is lowered even more to get more teachers, and is lowered even more and then..... STANDARDIZED! This kid might be a total douche nozzle, but who knows - I had some pretty shitty teachers going through primary school. If they had been like my crazy professor who cited Gilgamesh while standing on top of the desk - I might have given a shit earlier in my educational career.

I'm not talking about the way he approached the situation but the point he was putting across. How can you expect children to get interested in a subject when you are just handing out packets and sitting behind a desk? I had subjects that I excelled at because I was interested and I had subjects that I excelled at because my teachers made me interested by getting involved. On the other side of the coin I had subjects that I just wasn't good at because not only was I not interested in subject the teacher wasn't interested in teaching the subject.

Is this the proper way to get across a message? fcuk no. Does this negate the importance of the subject? Absolutely not.

Agree 100%. My favorite professor made subjects that were ordinarily boring (history - to some) and made them fascinating. He could have gotten up there and talked for 75 minutes about the history of staplers and we would have all been on the edge of our seat. On the flip-side, you could take the most interesting subject in the world and get an absolute bore or a teacher who just didn't challenge their students - and boom: modern education system.