From '11 SL Stage 1.5 to '13 SL Stage 3

PCJR

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the review bolt-on vs full build ... Videos are always a welcome addition ...

Enjoy ... Be safe ... And ... Keep this one for a while ...

Looking forward to the review bolt-on vs full build ... Videos are always a welcome addition ...

Peter can't wait to hear about your trip. My car just left for UGR today. Cannot wait to see some video of yours as I opted for the same as yours. Stage 3 w/race heads

Thanks, planning on adding to this instead of replacing in the future :icon_thumleft:

Gotta order a GoPro ASAP!

Peter can't wait to hear about your trip. My car just left for UGR today. Cannot wait to see some video of yours as I opted for the same as yours. Stage 3 w/race heads

Thanks for all of the kind words guys! The trip was a ton of fun! Getting to see the operation first hand and all of the other cars is quite something. It's nice to know that I'm not the only nutcase out there! Thanks again to Kevin & KC for taking time out of their busy day to cart my but around.

Any car guy would love to see a place like this!

Ok a quick comparison.

Other than the obvious of this one being faster than the last, the car drives basically the same.

The only other thing to note is that the exhaust is a little louder but the turbo's are noticeably louder. It's even more entertaining to hear than the last bolt on car :icon_super:

One thing is a MUST guys, the quick shift program. After I sold the last SL which also had QS, I had that silver 560 for a few months. I thought that on full throttle shits, the stock 560 trans slammed quite a bit in comparison to my previous SL. Well, after driving the new car, my thoughts are confirmed. This single mod as part of the package makes a really noticeable improvement. With the new clutch, initial ingagement is almost identical. On full throttle, 8K rpm shifts at the 1K WHP setting, it's considerably faster and smoother! Dare I say closer to dual clutch a bit, yes. But not in a negative way, it just eliminates some of the excessive bang. If you go to the thread Kevin made of the 1/2 mile event, you can really hear how much faster they are shifting. Totally worth every penny especially at this power level!!!

The car should be here around 5pm. If you east coasters hear some happy screaming over some loud turbine whistling, that would be me :icon_mrgreen:

I'll report back to give some further feed back and impressions :icon_super:

Congrats, Pete!! I know the feeling.....enjoy brother! Keep us posted and get us some vids..:) I am gonna try to get some tomorrow.

YO I'm back!!

Been busy at work, with kids etc...

Car delivered late Saturday, detailed and perfect as usual!

First home town drive was Tuesday. Perfect weather so i took it out for a while and ran over to the Philly McLaren dealership for PA inspection.

Took one of the tech's I know for a quick ride..that is real quick ride with the setting on 1kWHP :eusa_dance:

He just laughed as did I. Car is just insane with never ending thrust. He was also very impressed with the details of the build.

Some easy crusing and a little late afternoon traffic on the way home and car runs flawlessly. As I was standing amongst some pretty nice car at the dealership, I have to say for the money spent it's a pretty untouchable package from looks and performance. All together, very happy with the end results!

Some of the pictures I had taken on my trip to NC:

shop.PNG

shop2.PNG

shop3.PNG

Excellent pics, Pete! Enjoy your car and be safe!

Nice cars, Kevin! Love the SLs and Aventadors!!