MP4-12C vs 911 Turbo S from a roll

FikseSTS

only a matter of time....

I dunno man... my first shot at newer cars was the 458.. that didnt end well.. now Im on the GTR... and this car really doesn't do much for me as well. I've driven the Mp4's abit and I never really left with the desire to buy one. I know they are fast, but where I live now, I look everywhere for a place to really push it, and there are cops EVERYWHERE. Sucks.. Just somewhat feel that when I wanna drive something cool, older cars provide more of a thrill at sane speeds, and daily Id rather drive my ass around in a Bentley.

older cars provide more of a thrill at sane speeds, and daily Id rather drive my ass around in a Bentley.

NOW YOU ARE LOSING IT! How old are you?

Hell I'm 68 pushing 30 and I'll take the MP4 over a Bentley everyday day of the week!

Cops just make me be more alert.

Just somewhat feel that when I wanna drive something cool, older cars provide more of a thrill at sane speeds,

SOO much truth in what you said...any more with liabilities involved especially. My "older" car is an '04 Gallardo, but it's slow enough that I can wrap it out 1st-3rd gear and only be doing 90mph or so. Where if I had a ttg in the same time I'd be doing 150+mph. And the new cars just feel too numb to me. I love the feel of the 6sp and sound the car makes just as much if not more than the actual acceleration.

SOO much truth in what you said...any more with liabilities involved especially. My "older" car is an '04 Gallardo, but it's slow enough that I can wrap it out 1st-3rd gear and only be doing 90mph or so. Where if I had a ttg in the same time I'd be doing 150+mph. And the new cars just feel too numb to me. I love the feel of the 6sp and sound the car makes just as much if not more than the actual acceleration.

Totally agree.. I want another Gallardo.. 6 spd and have zero desire to TT it, or really do anything to make any of the cars I own faster anymore. I have absolutely no place to use the power here.. I cant even remember the last time anyone tried to race me in anything but a Prius in any of my cars. If I lived elsewhere and could use the power, then maybe Id be power hungry, but not here in Cali. The GTR guys went ballistic on me when I said driving a 2004 Gallardo 6 spd stock is much more fun than driving ANY GTR..

NOW YOU ARE LOSING IT! How old are you?

Hell I'm 68 pushing 30 and I'll take the MP4 over a Bentley everyday day of the week!

Cops just make me be more alert.

As a daily driver.. no way..

yea, when I had the Abarth I was winding out the gears all the time, fun, sounded good, and never really going that fast.... fun while it lasted... 6 weeks as I had a chance to buy the Tesla....

Totally agree.. I want another Gallardo.. 6 spd and have zero desire to TT it, or really do anything to make any of the cars I own faster anymore. I have absolutely no place to use the power here.. I cant even remember the last time anyone tried to race me in anything but a Prius in any of my cars. If I lived elsewhere and could use the power, then maybe Id be power hungry, but not here in Cali. The GTR guys went ballistic on me when I said driving a 2004 Gallardo 6 spd stock is much more fun than driving ANY GTR..

Same thing here in AZ. Too many cops. My old GTR and I got some unwanted attention--on the way to a car show that benefits the 100 club, no less. Car was quicker than my G but not near the experience to drive as the Lambo. I'm back in a Lambo now and enjoy the drive much more. Problem is, I was impatient and bought a black car with E-gear. Being old school, I want a 6 speed as well. So, I'm totally going the other way a getting a white Lp560-2 Anniversario with a true 6 speed manual. Never driven a 6 speed Lambo but I'm thinking this will be the best of all worlds. A raw driving experience with that V10 roar. Not to mention, the white will be a hell of a lot easier to take care of. Can't wait.

Sorry for the thread creep OP. The McLaren is a hell of a car. Pretty much puts everything it comes up against to shame. I wouldn't mind having one but can only afford one exotic right now. I could see one in my future but want to have what will be one of the last dying breed--the gated shifter. From the owners I've talked to, the MP4 is a great daily driver while at the same time being an awesome track weapon. These videos confirm that. Nice work. One day it would be cool to have one. A great combo to have a Lambo and a McLaren in the garage. Maybe in the future.

In the old days ...... when a cop stopped you, there was a nice chance that you could get a break. Today: Not chance ... municipalities are so broke and money hungry that you are guaranteed to get a summons. I was trepidatious with the old LP560 ..... with the 12C's acceleration quickness, I'm much more leery of being caught.

And, where I am if you are over 90mph ..... you are going to the clink and so is your vehicle. This new America is no fun anymore. :(

In the old days ...... when a cop stopped you, there was a nice chance that you could get a break. Today: Not chance ... municipalities are so broke and money hungry that you are guaranteed to get a summons. I was trepidatious with the old LP560 ..... with the 12C's acceleration quickness, I'm much more leery of being caught.

And, where I am if you are over 90mph ..... you are going to the clink and so is your vehicle. This new America is no fun anymore. :(

Same here....and cops consider toeing expensive cars as trophies to tell their fellow douchebag cops about..

Governments suck the fun out of everything but we keep on voting for them and apparently they do what we want :eusa_think:

I look at UGR videos and how they drive on public roads, do that here and get caught at top speed I bet you will get an instant jail sentence, have your car confiscated and crashed, you will then be plastered all over the news, Internet and news papers as one of the most horrendous criminals to ever walk the face of this earth.

I have had bentleys,rolls etc and now an Audi A8 but I only

use these when 3 or more people.driving cars like this

make me feel "old" and when you are 68 last thing you want

is to "feel old"!!

I need to be invigorated when I drive not massaged!

I have had bentleys,rolls etc and now an Audi A8 but I only

use these when 3 or more people.driving cars like this

make me feel "old" and when you are 68 last thing you want

is to "feel old"!!

I need to be invigorated when I drive not massaged!

G-force

I sent you 2 PM did you not get them.

you need some cop friends... I've got one in just about each town/city around me... "so sorry about that officer, is Tim working today?" :)

Same here....and cops consider toeing expensive cars as trophies to tell their fellow douchebag cops about..

you need some cop friends... I've got one in just about each town/city around me... "so sorry about that officer, is Tim working today?" :)

In Florida I used to have a shield on my plate from a GF's brother who worked in Coral Springs.. Never got a ticket.. Now I got nothing..

i think one of the guys is a mutual friend lol

the yellow sympathy card also works well. a friend whos a coral springs cop gave me one.