Sesto Elemento on track in LV?!

I would totally disagree. 800+ hp NA V12 and 3000 lbf of downforce is very different to what the Sesto Elemento provides. Not to mention that the car also has a DRS system, far more advanced traction control, and an all new and much more effective braking system

He didn't say they were the same or even equal. He said they were "equally insane". The HP and the weight and the downforce don't matter. The Sesto Elemento =/= the Pagani. They both however are batshit crazy rides.

Now if we introduced a McLaren into the conversation.... ;)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

I think he's being included in the design process (again) and doesn't want the details leaked.

Do you blame him? This board sucks sometimes.

You're free to come and go as you please :eusa_dance:

Now now. I love this place. I'm not the one that immediately runs to autoblog and jalopnik when a member posts something for board members only.

That's what I mean when I say it sucks sometimes. It was amazing that the Veneno details didn't leak from us or the Egotista. Certain members talked to the public about the HH and instead of getting to see the creation process again we are left out.

Now now. I love this place. I'm not the one that immediately runs to autoblog and jalopnik when a member posts something for board members only.

That's what I mean when I say it sucks sometimes. It was amazing that the Veneno details didn't leak from us or the Egotista. Certain members talked to the public about the HH and instead of getting to see the creation process again we are left out.

Fair enough. The core here is strong. It's the outliers. But you'll get that anywhere.

I would totally disagree. 800+ hp NA V12 and 3000 lbf of downforce is very different to what the Sesto Elemento provides. Not to mention that the car also has a DRS system, far more advanced traction control, and an all new and much more effective braking system

You totally disagree but you've driven neither, willing to bet you've never sat in or seen them in real life but you make comments would such conviction that one would think you were involved in their design, development and testing.

How do you know what the Sesto provides to form your opinion with such certainty? I don't mind hearing anyone's opinion but when you start preaching about something you know nothing or very little about other than stats you read in magazines or on the net, have virtually no real life experience with gets a tad frustrating after a while.

I think you should go drive both, back to back, come back and I would absolutely love to hear what you will have to say about them :icon_thumleft:

I know a few people who drive cars with actual downforce. It is VERY different from typical cars. That being said, I stand corrected. Everybody's definition of "insane" will completely vary.

In that light, they are equally extreme (although in totally different ways).

Nevertheless, if the Sesto had another 300 hp, would that make it more extreme? If it had big wings and 3000+ lbf downforce, would that make it even more insane?

I would say yes, but perhaps others will disagree. And that's perfectly fine

One car I think I'd be perfectly fine taking out on the road. The other, no way.

You know few people I know few people we know many people together.

You are missing my point, you make direct comparisons between the two cars and you know ZERO at least about one of them, because either than sketchy info no details were ever published.

How do you know the following?

Sesto's

- amount of downforce

- type of traction control

- type and/or effectiveness of its braking system

- how do you know which one would be best suited for you on the road if you haven't driven either.

all in direct comparison with the Zonda in question;

that's what I am talking about, as I said no hard feelings because I appreciate your enthusiasm but please reserve judgment until you have first hand experience.

You know few people I know few people we know many people together.

:icon_mrgreen:

The Zonda R is a monster! Amazing car! Track focused and one of the best looking cars ever made (IMO). But not a car you could drive on public roads. It is in my top 3 all time cars.

The Sesto Elemento is a monster too! It could be driven on public roads with a nose lift feature added. It is the most mental car there is that is track focused but behaves well enough to drive on public roads.

So, all things considered, they are both equally mental. :headbang:

Anyone who gets to have either is very lucky. :icon_thumleft:

I wish they put a Haldex system and modified the engine for the kind of money a Sesto goes for to at least give some preview of the Gallardo successor.

Drive it, then tell me what its lacking.

What are you talking about??

Watch the research video below than please come back and tell me if the Haldex wouldn't have helped with all that drifting!!

Please do your homework next time.

Not exactly my outlook on technology. Never be satisfied since one should always strive to do better. Might be an engineer thing, but I guess Horatio agrees with me.

Not exactly my outlook on technology.

That's my outlook on life. For the most part.

I would love to see you push the Sesto Elemento beyond its limitations and show me where the improvements should be made. Technically, you should be able to if you are able to read a stat about it.

I form my opinions from my experiences. My own experiences.

And no, I have not ordered a Sesto Elemento. I may, but I haven't yet. If I had, I wouldn't be defending it. That would be in poor taste. As a fan of the car who has been lucky enough to briefly experience its insane level of performance... bring it on.

What I stated is my outlook on life as well.

I would be perfectly content living in a closet with a wall plug and internet. But I look for more, not because I need, but because I want.

For 2.2 million dollars, I would want a lot more than I "need." Sure the majority of people including especially me would not be able to push something like the Sesto Elemento in the corners with a perfect racing line, late braking, etc etc, but the feel of a more responsive and more powerful engine is always nice. Anyone can mash their foot down and appreciate a bit more grunt. And knowing that the drivetrain is not just pulled off of a $300k car would certainly help seal the deal. This is a very exclusive car, and one I will never likely drive in. Saying that,

Do you think a Lockheed engineer who designs components on the F-22 needs to be a certified test pilot in order to make adjustments and design optimization?

Does Adrian Newey need to know how to properly thrash an F1 car to make complete modifications to the Redbull F1 car?

No.

The world works on data, and standing still even on a small thing like an engine and an antiquated all wheel drive system while charging a huge premium just doesn't make sense.

But ok, I don't know how to drive one of these to the limit and what do I know, the car could have a 4.2 Liter R8 V8 in it and I still wouldn't be able to push it properly. Doesn't mean that the car can't be made faster. That might not mean better in some people's eyes, but it'd be a small comfort to me that the factory did absolutely everything technologically possible to make sure the car was state of the art if I was dropping 2.2 million dollars on a car.

Regarding the Haldex, it's not only about making the car faster, it's about making more of that performance accessible.

accelerator you are missing what everyone is trying to tell you, without real life experiences you can't be making such categorical statements and provide conclusions with such conviction.

When I first red your comments about the MP4 I thought you own one, I also thought you were working for McLaren or you were involved in R&D, than I learned that all your knowledge comes from, reading, internet, etc no real life experiences, which is absolutely ok but at the same time very confusing, I was interested in the car and I needed to hear real life experiences from people who own or at least drove the car, you turn and argue on their behalf.

Now you are somewhat arguing with RB about the Sesto and tell him what the car needs when you've never even seen the car in real life, come on, seriously!

I don't care how many computer games you are playing, how many aeroplanes you are polishing, until that test pilot puts his/her life at risk to go and put the machine through its paces then come back to tell you what to tweak you can't categorically tell anyone that you've completed your job, have you seen how many engineers hover around the development cars with laptops in their hands waiting for test drivers to come back and give them feedback??

Also wants for the sake of wants are unnecessary and only valid to aid your flaunting and irrelevant bragging rights, I am sure you are familiar with the KISS principle :icon_thumleft:

You seems like a smart guy, I am sure you can comprehend what's being said.

Anyway back on topic, let's hear from those who had the chance to drive the cars.