Sesto Elemento goes off-track on Top Gear - Video

Destructo

Again, one is a street car, with radio/ac glass windows, creature comforts etc.. the other is not..

I think that says more about the Pagani than the Sesto, slicks or not. Both cars are quite a lot faster than everything else.

Put slicks on the Sesto and you would probably shave 2sec off its time.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faster than anything else? Um no. The ultima gtr 720 is way faster than both, and the new hypercars will make that look slow

The sesto has inadequate rear damping as seen by the bump and the imbalance after the follow through cutting the corner

Many of you know Lambo's aim behind the Sesto, first was showcasing the new carbon material and construction method and second emphasizing the importance of power to weight ratio, call it whatever you will but a simple rebodied Gallardo without any fancy gadgets or active aero components is able to run on the track with the best and hold its own says a lot about Lambo's achievement with the test car, price is irrelevant really, it's a reflection of the market not what the item is actually worth, if you find people to pay $2mil why not? Look at the Veneno, same deal, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, they sold one for more than a P1, ThethetheFerrari and 918 combined and there are people willing to pay even more than that.

Also listen to the reactions of the people who had the chance to take the Sesto around the track, some of them our own members.

I personally think they've hit the nail in the head with the formula I just hope they will apply it to their street cars.

Sorry, Fortis, but a lot of things I stated a long time ago are showing to be true

A Zonda Revolucione will kill this without even trying

You are missing the point, even if you are correct your claim is irrelevant because they aren't in competition with each other so it does not matter.

There are many cars slower or faster, the Sesto is a test car and nothing more, a test car which showcases that the "old school" approach still has the chance to trump new gadgetry.

Going faster is never as important as how you feel when you drive something, please go away gain some hands on experience, enjoy the feeling and emotions different cars bring and come back to make educated statements.

If you want more proof that you should have more driving experience before you pass judgment why don't you ask some of our members why they prefer to drive a Countach over an Aventador, for example?

You are missing the point, even if you are correct your claim is irrelevant because they aren't in competition with each other so it does not matter.

There are many cars slower or faster, the Sesto is a test car and nothing more, a test car which showcases that the "old school" approach still has the chance to trump new gadgetry.

Going faster is never as important as how you feel when you drive something, please go away gain some hands on experience, enjoy the feeling and emotions different cars bring and come back to make educated statements.

If you want more proof that you should have more driving experience before you pass judgment why don't you ask some of our members why they prefer to drive a Countach over an Aventador, for example?

Several points I'd like to bring up. The Sesto shows that the old school approach even without any regulations is still slower than new gadgetry.

With improved power output, it would be a better indication of old school approach power to weight optimization as P1, Veyron SS, ThethetheFerrari all have higher power to weight ratios.

2. Going faster is as important as how you feel (both should be extremely high magnitude) when you drive something if you are spending 2 million dollars. A faster car does not necessarily has less feel (radical SR8, Zonda R, ex Formula 1 car, Group C car, etc).

3. Which members would prefer to drive a Countach over an Aventador for a track day only car that cannot be driven on the street?

4. I agree the Sesto Elemento is a testbed car. Just should have had 650 hp and a proper rear wing.

Faster than anything else? Um no. The ultima gtr 720 is way faster than both, and the new hypercars will make that look slow

The sesto has inadequate rear damping as seen by the bump and the imbalance after the follow through cutting the corner

Renault's F1 car was and will be faster than the new hypercars as well, so I'm missing the point of your post.

I was quoting Allan and was talking about the Pagani and the Sesto compared to the cars on the board.

I think the F1 cars fast time was due to it having adequate rear damping, and mad downforce as seen by the balance it had throughout the lap.

(just thought I would add something completely irrelevant to my post as well..) :icon_fU:

4. I agree the Sesto Elemento is a testbed car. Just should have had 650 hp and a proper rear wing.

Why?

Isn't the point of the whole car (other than exploring new materials) to show how different/faster it is than a normal Gallardo with the same drivetrain?

Several points I'd like to bring up. The Sesto shows that the old school approach even without any regulations is still slower than new gadgetry.

With improved power output, it would be a better indication of old school approach power to weight optimization as P1, Veyron SS, ThethetheFerrari all have higher power to weight ratios.

You just answered your own question/concern. If the P1/Lafer are faster than the Sesto, it doesn't show that the Sesto is disappointing, it just shows that it has a lower power to weight ratio first and foremost.

The Sesto was over 2 seconds quicker than the MP4-12C on a pretty small track, and even the MP4 has more power than the Sesto and is developed on that track and perfectly set up for it. If the Sesto is even close to the P1 and Lafer then it's an incredible achievement given its near 400 hp disadvantage.

Renault's F1 car was and will be faster than the new hypercars as well, so I'm missing the point of your post.

I was quoting Allan and was talking about the Pagani and the Sesto compared to the cars on the board.

I think the F1 cars fast time was due to it having adequate rear damping, and mad downforce as seen by the balance it had throughout the lap.

(just thought I would add something completely irrelevant to my post as well..) :icon_fU:

Hmm, I don't know, did that cause the F1 car to spin around? Oh wait... :icon_butt: The new hypercars will be faster despite being street legal (airbags, air conditioning, stereo system, crash tested chassis, etc). That's the whole point.

You just answered your own question/concern. If the P1/Lafer are faster than the Sesto, it doesn't show that the Sesto is disappointing, it just shows that it has a lower power to weight ratio first and foremost.

The Sesto was over 2 seconds quicker than the MP4-12C on a pretty small track, and even the MP4 has more power than the Sesto and is developed on that track and perfectly set up for it. If the Sesto is even close to the P1 and Lafer then it's an incredible achievement given its near 400 hp disadvantage.

Huh? The MP4 has a much lower hp/tonne than the Sesto.. MUCH lower.

I agree, if the Sesto can be even close to the P1, that will be very impressive.

Unfortunately, that statement is completely conditional (and unlikely). There are a lot of advantages to having an electric motor that go beyond the power output

Im not knocking the Sesto, I think it is a hot car. I havent driven it, but Ive sat in it. It is very extreme, so inmo seeing a fully useable streetcar like the Pagani beat it is pretty amazing. As previously stated, Im not even a fan of the Pagani. The Top Gear track isnt all that long to really make use of massive amounts of power either.

Huh? The MP4 has a much lower hp/tonne than the Sesto.. MUCH lower.

Yes but you talk about the Sesto as if its supposed to compete with the upcoming 900 hp supercars. How much faster do you think the P1 will be around the TG track then the MP4?

At least 5 seconds in my estimation.

so you think 1:11 or less? You do realize the a MS piloted FXX on slicks did a 1:10.7 right?

Thank you!

At least 5 seconds in my estimation.

:lol2:

what else is your crystal ball telling you, is it only tuned for cars or you can also obtain lotto numbers?

Only for cars, but it's been pretty accurate so far. Predicted Lewis winning ;)

The P1 is said to be faster than the GT3 race car. GT3 race car is about two or 3 seconds slower than the Aston GT1 around a short track like Dunsfold. Or you could also look at the FXX. P1 has more power, more power under curve due to electric motor and turbo, better brakes, more downforce, KERS, DRS, better transmission and active suspension. FXX has slicks (albeit hard compound ones). Should be roughly equal

For what its worth. The exclusivity of it is the price tag. As to the tech involved on the car, not worth it. Reason being that it is a rebodied gallardo stripped of everything down to the windshield to gain the maximum amount of weight loss. Look at the weight of some of the stripped out race cars out there and its not super high tech... As a message from Lamborghini, I get it. But putting in a a cf tub, clothing with carbon body will not lower any production car weight unless conscious effort is made to shed weight on all aspects down to every nut and bolt. We can see that evident in the aventador where a cf body and tub still yields a hefty car... Its the right direction, but if they consider the price point of the cars they sell, weight loss is probably not commercially viable unless their sales prices jump up dramatically...

Looking at the new super cars out, their cf tech coupled with pricy materials to shed weight are evident with the price tag they command...

The new hypercars will be faster despite being street legal (airbags, air conditioning, stereo system, crash tested chassis, etc). That's the whole point.

No, they will be faster because they are purpose built to be the fastest streetcars Ferrari, Mclaren and Porsche have ever built.

The Sesto wasn't built to be as fast as it could possibly be.

So, why you are comparing them?

Not that impressed with the lap time. P1 and 918 are gonna crush the huayra's time

Say, you mind using that crystal ball to lay down some lottery numbers for us?

Some people seem to make a niche being contrary.