Ron James Exonerated

BARESTR

Accused Arsonist Exonerated

Home → Criminal → Accused Arsonist Exonerated

The nightmare is finally over for Temecula resident and business owner, Ron James.

After 9 months of accusations and court appearances, all criminal charges stemming from a Temecula fire back in October 2012 have been dismissed in Riverside Superior Court.

“It’s unfortunate that it took this long for the truth to come out and be recognized, but we are glad it’s over, James’ attorney, Joseph Camarata stated after leaving court.

“Mr. James is a very lucky and unlucky man. He is lucky that he had the support of his family and friends and he is lucky because the Deputy District Attorney handling the prosecution is a very hardworking and ethical lawyer. Not many DAs would go to the lengths [Deputy District Attorney Al Kim] did to investigate and evaluate his case. Mr. James is unlucky because he never would have been in this position if the original Cal Fire investigators had done their job correctly in the beginning,” Camarata said.

The investigation Attorney Camarata is referring to is the investigation that led to the arrest of Ron James on October 23, 2012, the night of the fire.

At around 6:00 pm, authorities were notified that a fire had broken out in the living room of a house owned by Mr. James and his wife Marene in the De Luz area of Temecula. Two of Marene’s family members were inside the home when the fire was discovered and contacted 911. The fire was contained to the living room but caused substantial damage to the large home.

Riverside Sheriff and Cal Fire officers arrived after the fire was extinguished to determine the cause and origin. When the cause could not be determined, Cal Fire immediately turned their attention to Ron James as a suspect because he had been in the house prior to the fire. However, it’s what Cal Fire investigators Captain Chris Palmer and Captain David Laclair didn’t do that led to Mr. James’ arrest.

Mr. James’ legal team led by Attorney Joseph Camarata and his investigator, Tom Hicks, pored over the evidence in the case to determine how the fire started and whether it was intentional or accidental. During that review Camarata learned that there were additional video cameras in the house that were not reviewed by Cal Fire investigators. It was the video from one of those cameras that proved what Ron James had been saying all along, “I didn’t start a fire. I’m innocent.”

Camarata explained, “one of the cameras that Cal Fire knew about but neglected to analyze was sitting in a box of items that had been packed up after the fire. In that camera was a disk that contained several video files from the interior of the house, specifically the family room. A room that did not burn or sustain much damage relative to the living room. Those video files proved that Ron James could not have possibly started a fire on that day, or that he could have even set foot in the living room. Had the video been reviewed how and when it should have, the day of the fire, Ron James never would have been arrested and erroneously charged with these crimes. We are lucky these cameras weren’t lost, destroyed, or worse.”

James agreed. “I’m fortunate that this is all behind me. Now I can focus my time and attention on rebuilding my businesses and undoing what Captain Palmer and Cal Fire did to my life.”

Ron James is a lucky, innocent man.

Good for him. Werent they saying he tried to kill his wife or something? If what is said above is true.. does he have any case against them?

Good for him. Werent they saying he tried to kill his wife or something? If what is said above is true.. does he have any case against them?

The cops and firemen enjoy qualified immunity which makes it really tough to sue them successfully and even if you do most states have caps on what you can get from the state. The most tragic example of this happened right here in Florida to a poor kid named Eric Brody.

Brody’s case began in Sunrise, near Fort Lauderdale, on March 3, 1998, as he turned left in his AMC into his neighborhood after a night of selling sneakers at a mall. He was hit by the deputy, late for work and speeding in his Crown Victoria as fast as 70 miles per hour (113 kph), according to state records. The Concord was hurled across a grass shoulder and into a wall dividing the street from the subdivision.

Fourteen years later, Brody is a 32-year-old paraplegic with three firms trying to persuade lawmakers in Tallahassee to grant him more than the $200,000 that Florida law permits him to collect from jury awards against the state.

Why?

I think that is obvious....you said it yourself

"Good for him. Werent they saying he tried to kill his wife or something? If what is said above is true.. does he have any case against them?"

I think that is obvious....you said it yourself

"Good for him. Werent they saying he tried to kill his wife or something? If what is said above is true.. does he have any case against them?"

Oh I thought you were reffering to him as being a nightmare...

Glad an innocent man was set free. I am tired of these public servants having "immunity" like this. If I fcuk up at work the NRC comes after both my employer AND myself. It is called personal responsibility and just because you serve the public it DOESN'T make you exempt.

They say if you do not have hatters you are not doing something right. Funny that my personal life ends up on a car site but I guess that is life I am not much of a writer so please excuse me. Well I would like to thank the hatter who posted what happened to me on Lx 4 play and on this site ( I know who it is they are like Raw meat lol..) he has helped with my multi milliion dollar law suit . I bet when he thought this out that he was going to screw me jokes on you buuddy he never thought I might be innocent or he did not care this multimillionaire will be soon adding more millions thanks for helping adding to my stack. What was funny when a friend tried to post a new thead on PL4 of my innocence he was suspended until 2036 yes 2036 love it hatters what is funny I spent over 25k with gold rush and offered to do another run I am not mad my heart is too big. If you do not like me because of my life or wealth just let me know the money is better in my pocket than yours and the time you spend with fales smile is not worth it . Well I would like to thank all of my real friends the ones who knew me, who did not ask what was going on the ones who gave there support God Bless YOU ALL... I will always be a winner and karma is a bitch.... If you really want to know more check of what really happend on the the press enterprise news paper southwest saturday aug 3, 2013 Charges dismissed... Ron James out, Ballers on a budjet..... Balling until the day I die..... Gum Ball 4 Life...

15735_1177748448655_1376441540_444685_1639334_n.jpg

Oh I thought you were reffering to him as being a nightmare...

Only met him once on a drive way back, seemed nice enough. We all ended up having lunch at Duke's in Malibu. Nice murci.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn can you imagine having to go through that?, glad everything worked out for him but what he had to deal with would be incomprehensible to most.

Damn can you imagine having to go through that?, glad everything worked out for him but what he had to deal with would be incomprehensible to most.

Trust me, I know. My family went through something very similar, I didn't stop though till I publicly humiliated everyone involved and got them all demoted, some of them demoted from detective all the way to patrol in the worst of areas (Northside for those of you familiar with Miami).

I don't wish what Ron went through on my worst enemy.

Trust me, I know. My family went through something very similar, I didn't stop though till I publicly humiliated everyone involved and got them all demoted, some of them demoted from detective all the way to patrol in the worst of areas (Northside for those of you familiar with Miami).

I don't wish what Ron went through on my worst enemy.

Well done.