Newbie Diablo Questions ...

lambo66

Hello Everyone,

Newbie here and found myself in a position I never thought I would be in-looking to buy a Lamborghini. At 47 years of age and all those 1980s Alpine posters on my walls, my dream of owning a Lambo might come true, however I have a questions if you guys don't mind .... I've narrowed my search down to a late model Diablo, 1997 to 2001 ( the last year of the Diablo ). What's the best year in this category? I understand this is subjective but just shoot out your opinions. Couple things I like about the 1998 and up - 18' wheels, modern dash, no pop up headlights.

Please comment - I'm all ears.

I forgot to add what's the Pros and Cons to a Roadster or Hard Top? And what year was purple? White maybe but no black ...

I live in Florida ...

Thanks Again !! :)

I had an '97 roadster and got rid of it for a Murcie. Biggest mistake of my car life.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the years you're looking at, coupe or roadster. Just make sure you get a PPI before buying. Also, if you need help, contact Brian @ Exotic Car Search. Great guy who will take car of all of the PPI and trucking stuff for ya.

i own a 97 roadster, european car

GREAT car

i like it as it is, pop up lights, 17" wheels, no ABS, no airbags, minimal steering wheel, simple dash, no variable timing engine, etc... it is pretty simple car and a bit less refined than a later car (exp. a VT 6.0, 2001 car)

of course i like the later ones to, all diablos are AWESOME machines imo

honestly i think i would love in the same way an older car ...may be even more since the simpler the better to me

if i had to get an other diablo i would probably go for an SV, SE30, 91-92 model

Personally I like the clean lines of the 6.0, also the nicest interior and the most sorted mechanically. Good luck in your search.

Good luck with your search. Ton of great resources on here for asking questions and finding a car. Do you have a price range in mind?

At that price you are pretty much in the ballpark for any model. Id go with a 2001 6.0 personally or a 98-99 SV or Roadster Personally.

I have a '98 SV and love it. Personally I don't like the look of the exposed headlights and prefer the older model. Shop around and don't be in a hurry. Call and talk to Roy at Cats Exotics he'll answer questions and give valuable advice.

Good luck with the search.

Personally I like the clean lines of the 6.0, also the nicest interior and the most sorted mechanically. Good luck in your search.

:iamwithstupid:

I like the last year best. After that the SV's are pretty cool too. Any car you are interested, post it here, somebody will know the story on it.