Diablo wanted - UK

L33

Hi folks,

I've been follwing various Lambo forums for a while and a few months ago I made up my mind - I want a Diablo.

I've looked at a few but not found the right one yet.

If anyoneone in the UK is considering selling, please drop me a line. The moneys already in the bank, no finance etc to arrange...

I'm ideally after a VT or s slightly higher mileage SV. Must be RHD, good condition with history.

If anyone can put me in contact with a seller, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Lee

:icon_thumleft:

Hi and welcome to the club.

Have you tried Pistonheads? Also worth speaking to Mike Pullen.

Hi folks,

I've been follwing various Lambo forums for a while and a few months ago I made up my mind - I want a Diablo.

I've looked at a few but not found the right one yet.

If anyoneone in the UK is considering selling, please drop me a line. The moneys already in the bank, no finance etc to arrange...

I'm ideally after a VT or s slightly higher mileage SV. Must be RHD, good condition with history.

If anyone can put me in contact with a seller, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Lee

:icon_thumleft:

Hi and welcome to the club.

Have you tried Pistonheads? Also worth speaking to Mike Pullen.

Thanks Sudesh - I have been following your recent posts with great interest!

Yes, I have tried PH. Mike Pullen, Carlo and Roberto at Grimaldi. No joy for the past couple of months :eusa_wall:

Its just a waiting game I guess.

I see you are putting a lot of work into yours. Was it necessary? I don't mind some work ( I'm a mechanical engineer) but I don't fancy a full restoration project.

Where did you track yours down from?

Lee

Thanks Sudesh - I have been following your recent posts with great interest!

Yes, I have tried PH. Mike Pullen, Carlo and Roberto at Grimaldi. No joy for the past couple of months :eusa_wall:

Its just a waiting game I guess.

I see you are putting a lot of work into yours. Was it necessary? I don't mind some work ( I'm a mechanical engineer) but I don't fancy a full restoration project.

Where did you track yours down from?

Lee

Yip, it can be a waiting game alright! Not too many Diablos going for sale in the UK these days, but you've tried all the best sources, apart from putting up a wanted add which you've done, you just need to sit tight, or maybe alter your choice and model year?

I found my car through a wanted add I posted, and bought it from a friend of Mikes, it was Mikes own car at some point too.

Some of the work I did was necessary, other bits are preventitave measures, and then just things I wanted to do myself. The water pump was something that just happened a few days ago, unfortunately there are things that can and will happen at any time.

• 2 weeks later...
Yip, it can be a waiting game alright! Not too many Diablos going for sale in the UK these days, but you've tried all the best sources, apart from putting up a wanted add which you've done, you just need to sit tight, or maybe alter your choice and model year?

I found my car through a wanted add I posted, and bought it from a friend of Mikes, it was Mikes own car at some point too.

Some of the work I did was necessary, other bits are preventitave measures, and then just things I wanted to do myself. The water pump was something that just happened a few days ago, unfortunately there are things that can and will happen at any time.

Mike Pullen, or Carlo from Top Gear Cars are indeed your best bet.

RHD Diablo's are going cheaper than LHD ones these days. On the mainland a decent example will set you back 80.000EU at least.

Mine is LHD so can't help you there :)

Hi Lee,

I have mine for sale on PH. I think we spoke too?

Let me know if you are interested. 2wd, Pearl white wrap with bodywork mods to 6.0ltr VT

Regards

Jas

Hi Lee,

I have mine for sale on PH. I think we spoke too?

Let me know if you are interested. 2wd, Pearl white wrap with bodywork mods to 6.0ltr VT

Regards

Jas

Hi Jas,

We did indeed speak last week. I've thought long and hard about yours but I don't think its for me. I'd rather have originality (non 6.0 facelift) and I don't really want a wrapped car. Although the respray would give me the blank canvas to do as I wanted...

I'm sure your car is great but I just don't think its for me.

Regards,

Lee

Hi Jas,

We did indeed speak last week. I've thought long and hard about yours but I don't think its for me. I'd rather have originality (non 6.0 facelift) and I don't really want a wrapped car. Although the respray would give me the blank canvas to do as I wanted...

I'm sure your car is great but I just don't think its for me.

Regards,

Lee

No Worries Lee, I did always know that the mods could be a risk for precisely the reasons you point out. However, I hope you find the one for you.

Regards

Jas

No Worries Lee, I did always know that the mods could be a risk for precisely the reasons you point out. However, I hope you find the one for you.

Regards

Jas

Sounds like a neat car, post up some pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump!

I'm still on the lookout. If anyone is thinking about selling, please get in touch. :icon_thumleft:

Winter is here , maybe a few might crop up , took me about a year ended up driving up to Carlo at top gear . He,s probably sold more diablos than anyone else in UK . Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Winter is here , maybe a few might crop up , took me about a year ended up driving up to Carlo at top gear . He,s probably sold more diablos than anyone else in UK . Good luck

Bump.

Diablo still wanted :eusa_think:

• 1 month later...
I dont know if you have managed to find a car yet but this recently appeared........

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...ablo-sv/1960749

I briefly considered taking a trip up to Scotland and had to give myself a stiff talking to. Two yellow Diablos would be madness.

Many thanks - I saw that one appear last week.

I've already spoken to Carlo about the car and its just outside my budget.

:eusa_wall:

I like the interior. Just an SV decal or what's the deal there?

As far as I am aware every UK (mainland Europe also?) delivered SV came with Alcantara seats & interior. Same goes for the SE30.

I believe USA delivered SV/SE30 cars were fitted with leather seats and interior. My own personal preference is the USA interior spec.

Everything about this car says genuine. Dealer is well known and respected.

I can't stop myself thinking of haggis and fried fruity pudding for breakfast.

As far as I am aware every UK (mainland Europe also?) delivered SV came with Alcantara seats & interior. Same goes for the SE30.

I believe USA delivered SV/SE30 cars were fitted with leather seats and interior. My own personal preference is the USA interior spec.

I didn't think SVs came out until 98 though is why I ask. Or maybe that's only true for US

Yeah think your correct there, almost sure every UK SE and SV I've seen had the Alcantara interior too, that's the way I'm going to do my interior, just unsure on color at the moment,

Quite like this too: lambodiablosvinteriorvalet.jpg

I didn't think SVs came out until 98 though is why I ask. Or maybe that's only true for US

SV came in 97 for Uk, and possibly other countries

Lol, but it says it's a 96? I'm confused. Looks good though.

lol Me too! Just looked at the parts system, shows SV from 97 on too. Guess it came out 96 then for here.

Diablo SV was introduced in 1995 at Geneva. It makes sense that deliveries would be later that year or early the following year. I believe it was less expensive than the VT.

An authoritative expert would know the detailed history. That's for sure not me.

I believe this car is a genuine SV. And I like it - a lot (despite the sea of alcantara)

SV was from Model Year 1996 - so strictly speaking that means post August 1995.

pre-Audi days, cars could be ordered with whatever the buyer wanted - so there exists a black VT with SV engine lid and SV air induction system (sold very recently by Carlo @ Topgear cars), a 1999 SV with VT front bumper (that I know very well) etc etc

hence, you will see SEs and SVs with leather interiors, even though that wasn't the standard spec for the car. All depends on the eccentricity of the original purchaser!

Also SEs with the small brake kit rather than the big brembos, as this was an option not a standard feature of the SE.

Much of this I've learnt from Mike Pullen.

anyone for a pink (as per the owner's girlfriends dress) and sand interior (as per the owners T shirt at the time of the factory visit) Countach ?

[it was resprayed after a few years being for sale, as it was unsellable]