Jay Leno drives the 918 Spyder

q8ylambo

I think it's badass! And even though I'm not a huge fan of the hybrid part of it, I have to say.... I'm very impressed that their saying its faster then the CGT.

Why? I don't remember the GT being a record shattering car. A fcuking hoot to drive but pretty difficult to push very hard.

I see why they did it, but 400kg is a ton of weight. Lose that and just keep the v8 as is, or better yet tweak up another 9k rpm v10 and push it up to 800hp.

Seems like they went down the same road, but tried very hard to not have this be a GT v2.0

I think there are great plus sides with latest hybrid technology. Even when I hataebasic prius etc shitty ecohippie cars.

But I hope in 10 year times battery technology will go forward and you could then drop 100kg by just swiching to more advanced battery tech....

Yes! Congrats! The CGT along with your SV means you have two of the top end of the old school era cars. The best of the best!

Thanks Kris!! And your Veneno looked incredible in the flesh--you were so right! That will be an epic ride for sure!!

Thanks! Can't wait until it gets here--but it's coming coast to coast so it will be a little over a week. Its heading straight to the dealer for a service and the AWE straight pipes are already waiting there for it! Interestingly, it turns out this GT was the 7th from the last built (#1264/1270) and the last one imported into the US according to Porsche NA. Really looking forward to driving it.

Congrats on the CGT acquisition!!

Looking forward to pics and your thoughts on it. An Amazing machine

congrats! you will LOVE the CGT!

id take the P1 over the 918, but the CGT will always be my fav!

Thanks Mac-n-it! I'm excited to experience the GT. I agree with you about the P1--it's my favorite offering of the 3 new super cars....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thus, like I did from moving to the SV from the Aventador, I just took a step backwards and bought a Red Carrera GT from Roy.

Congrats!!! Red is my favorite color for the CGT.

Have you seen the recent EVO Magazine

? Sooo, which one of the remaining five is next on your list :P

mclaren-f1-vs-supercar-rivals-promo-evo-tv.jpg

Congrats!!! Red is my favorite color for the CGT.

Have you seen the recent EVO Magazine

? Sooo, which one of the remaining five is next on your list :P

mclaren-f1-vs-supercar-rivals-promo-evo-

Hahaha Nath4N! I have that issue and have read it more than once. Unfortunately, I believe the rest are above my pay grade!! I'm happy that even though it was a 3-way tie for first, that they mentioned the Carrera GT first of the three (out of alphabetical or chronological order), so in my mind, they picked it as truly "first". At least, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Hahaha Nath4N! I have that issue and have read it more than once. Unfortunately, I believe the rest are above my pay grade!! I'm happy that even though it was a 3-way tie for first, that they mentioned the Carrera GT first of the three (out of alphabetical or chronological order), so in my mind, they picked it as truly "first". At least, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Are you changing the tires to the ones they mention? For those who haven't read the article - supposedly they completely transform the car and make it much more predictable and easier to drive hard.

Yes, I have already ordered the N-spec Supersports from the dealer, but they are still listed as "unavailable"--even for back order-- at this point. Shouldn't be too long though.....

Yes, I have already ordered the N-spec Supersports from the dealer, but they are still listed as "unavailable"--even for back order-- at this point. Shouldn't be too long though.....

I changed the old dry rotted tires and used Michelin super sports, they changed the entire car for the better! night and day difference.

I changed the old dry rotted tires and used Michelin super sports, they changed the entire car for the better! night and day difference.

That's good to hear!!