What would be a fair price on this Aventador?

emissary

they are usually pretty tight on pricing, prob can't get it for less than $390k....

I was hoping a number of people would chime in with an estimate around $375k, but perhaps that's still too optimistic. You're probably right that that particular dealer won't move much on price.

$375k might be doable if you were buying from a private owner....

I was hoping a number of people would chime in with an estimate around $375k, but perhaps that's still too optimistic. You're probably right that that particular dealer won't move much on price.

$375k might be doable if you were buying from a private owner....

I talked with a dealer who sold a white Aventador with 4k miles for $385k. He thought a 7k Aventador would go for $365k, but I can't find any empirical evidence of pricing anywhere close to that.

I talked with a dealer who sold a white Aventador with 4k miles for $385k. He thought a 7k Aventador would go for $365k, but I can't find any empirical evidence of pricing anywhere close to that.

I just laugh when people sweat $20k on a $385k car. Lol

That's a fair criticism. To me it's more about managing the depreciation than the actual cash outlay. I figure a $400k Aventador will be worth $250k in 3-4 years. I'm trying to find a way to talk myself into that level of depreciation, as after looking at the other available options, it's clear to me that the Aventador is what I really want...and every little bit helps.... :)

That's a fair criticism. To me it's more about managing the depreciation than the actual cash outlay. I figure a $400k Aventador will be worth $250k in 3-4 years. I'm trying to find a way to talk myself into that level of depreciation, as after looking at the other available options, it's clear to me that the Aventador is what I really want...and every little bit helps.... :)

here is a easy way.

Is owning, driving and enjoying the car worth $150k to you? Is it worth $170k?

Don't get all caught up in money and ENJOY THE CAR.

I would say more like 200 based on how many they are making

Most people didn't get to the place where they can afford an Aventador by "not sweating" 20K here or there.

even funnier. If someone can afford $350-$400k for a car they don't need to sweat $20k.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to comment on this post.

There are a few that have not had to work for their money and to 2007 Gallardo, it appears that you may be one of them.

Then there is the group that worked their ass off and appreciate the value of money. I don't care how much you are worth, $20,000 is why we are where we are.....because we were careful and count our money carefully.

If you are foolish enough to not care, then you have either inherited the cash, or not earned it.

Just my 2 cents. (sense)

Most people didn't get to the place where they can afford an Aventador by "not sweating" 20K here or there.

:iamwithstupid:

I just had to comment on this post.

There are a few that have not had to work for their money and to 2007 Gallardo, it appears that you may be one of them.

Then there is the group that worked their ass off and appreciate the value of money. I don't care how much you are worth, $20,000 is why we are where we are.....because we were careful and count our money carefully.

If you are foolish enough to not care, then you have either inherited the cash, or not earned it.

Just my 2 cents. (sense)

:iamwithstupid:

even funnier. If someone can afford $350-$400k for a car they don't need to sweat $20k.

You have $300,000 worth of cars in your signature. On a very hot day, will you spend $37 on a glass of tap water, or will you walk another mile down the street and get a bottle for $.99?

He's not sweating $20,000, he's deciding if $20,000 is worth the difference. Would you have no problem paying $20,000 more for your UGR kit?

And here I sit trying to decide whether to go from a stage 3 to a 1r......

1250 to 1500.

Better head over to the tt post.

I do want an Aventador to all you that have one......good on you!

Trust your gut on the price of the cars. More than anything is it the right color combo etc. you really want.. If so that is worth the extra $.. If not, keep looking.

Putting value on money it's one of those very funny things and it's not always based on how easy is for said individual to acquire it.

I see people who aren't very well off and they spend it like it's going out of fashion buying ridiculous unnecessary things at full ask without any respect or regard for money and have no remorse and no concern after the fact. When they have more they rinse and repeat.

I see people who are wealthy or very wealth and live like beggars running around with discount dockets in their hand to look for cheap fuel, I stopped trying to figure people out when it comes to money, wealth and how most deal with it.

One thing I will say and that's how I personally feel about it myself, because of my current and past personal and business spending I've become desensitized to the point where I think, damn it's "only" $20k that's not so bad, I just spent twice that in less than a day on discarding waste, for example, so you start to justify it to yourself in a completely different manner. The other negative impact is the fact that the satisfaction with your returns, which are unbelievable to most, are disappointing to you, the next "logical" step is to work harder, invest more,take higher risks and lose sight of the bigger picture.

It's very hard to judge anyone on making comments based on the value they place on $$$ the reasoning behind it is usually a very complex matter IMO.

Putting value on money it's one of those very funny things and it's not always based on how easy is for said individual to acquire it.

I see people who aren't very well off and they spend it like it's going out of fashion buying ridiculous unnecessary things at full ask without any respect or regard for money and have no remorse and no concern after the fact. When they have more they rinse and repeat.

I see people who are wealthy or very wealth and live like beggars running around with discount dockets in their hand to look for cheap fuel, I stopped trying to figure people out when it comes to money, wealth and how most deal with it.

One thing I will say and that's how I personally feel about it myself, because of my current and past personal and business spending I've become desensitized to the point where I think, damn it's "only" $20k that's not so bad, I just spent twice that in less than a day on discarding waste, for example, so you start to justify it to yourself in a completely different manner. The other negative impact is the fact that the satisfaction with your returns, which are unbelievable to most, are disappointing to you, the next "logical" step is to work harder, invest more,take higher risks and lose sight of the bigger picture.

It's very hard to judge anyone on making comments based on the value they place on $$$ the reasoning behind it is usually a very complex matter IMO.

well said

• 4 weeks later...
Same car OP is inquiring about has been reduced to 385K now.

And will continue to drop as more roadsters come in. Fairly common color will also drop the price.

Car can be had for $360 in a couple of weeks. As more cars come in and as the winter starts to settle in in the North, NW and NE, less buyers and dealers won't want to sit on inventory.

I find that the people with millions in the bank are the ones that want to negotiate. I see it in my artificial grass business when we are even doing just 5,000 sf lawns ($40k deal). I also see it in real estate here in Paradise Valley, AZ. I have never sold a home that the buyer is a cash buyer and offers a ridiculous price for the home at least to start a negotiating price (And I am talking $2 million dollar home mark). I think in most of us we have worked extremely hard for our money and we are always going to look for the deal. for me personally I will have a better experience owning a Lamborghini for example if I know I bought the best one I could find for the right price. Like the Murcielago I bought this spring. People thought I was crazy to walk away from one for only a $5k difference. Well that $5k difference would have been an instant $5k loss more when I go to sell the car. So for me personally $20k is a big deal on a $400k price tag. I guess if I were worth $50 million I would not give a shit about $20k but right now I do.