Pricing prediction?

sprite

Thanks. So it seems the key is to find a high spec car as you'd basically get the CF bits for free. The car intrigues me and I will at least go test drive one when I'm back stateside in a few weeks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. So it seems the key is to find a high spec car as you'd basically get the CF bits for free. The car intrigues me and I will at least go test drive one when I'm back stateside in a few weeks.

The drive is the best part, the car goes like stink and corners like on rails. It's so well dialed in. It goes from docile drive to hell on wheels with a turn of 2 knobs. The aventador with the shitty ISR tranny is nothing as far as drive compared to the drive of this car.

The drive is the best part, the car goes like stink and corners like on rails. It's so well dialed in. It goes from docile drive to hell on wheels with a turn of 2 knobs. The aventador with the shitty ISR tranny is nothing as far as drive compared to the drive of this car.

:iamwithstupid:

I agree, I was blown away with the Mc Laren's performance. I drove an Aventador on the track a while back and I really wasn't impressed, I preferred the GSL (which is not in the Mc Laren's league either, though a very charismatic car) I drove that day instead. Cost delta between the two is not justifiable. Admittedly the Aventdaor is a much better looking vehicle. Mc Laren especially with this depreciation issue is a bargain. I think a lot of potential buyers are waiting to see were the market goes, I surmise a lot are banking on it continuing to fall. A dealer I was talking to said he wouldn't keep them in inventory specifically because of this.

if you drive it you will buy it!

the built in Maps app on the iPhone sucks, the Google Maps app is what most use, that being said, that's what the Tesla uses as well on a slightly larger screen....

The best in-car nav system is still shit compared to an iPhone, so in that sense it's not bad and the at-cost upgrade they'll be offering will make it Android based and probably the next best system after the Tesla.

What's the deal with pricing on these? Seems like there are already some really good deals out there.

This one says $280k retail value, which I'm assuming is what they are claiming sticker was on the car. Untitled and belonging to dealership owner, 700 miles @ $198k asking.

Too bad the interior is shit.

http://www.herbchambersmercedesbenzofbosto...9c2a404ad76.htm

This car is much a much better combo IMO and available from same dealership, but no mention of original MSRP

3500 miles @ 200k

http://www.herbchambersmercedesbenzofbosto...c5b9363f405.htm

Looking on Autotrader there are a lot of cars listed with dealerships you would not normally find carrying exotics.

How is the pricing from the official MC dealerships on used cars?

These car already seem like a bargain, but I can't help but feel like they will drop even lower, especially once more used convertibles hit the used market.

What are LPs thoughts on where these will go from here?

Those mp4 at herb chamber are not in the greatest shape especially the white one which is not clear bra and has scratches on the front hood and scrapped on the bottom. They have been trying to sell those mp4 for almost 1 year. Things are not looking good for Mclaren. Even Mclaren Greenwich has more han 8 used ones for sale while they only had 4 for sale 4 months ago. There are a lot of people trading them in for all sorts of problems and you can also tell from the inventories at Newport beach. It is an amzingly fast car but hey build too many and the company screwed their client by slashing more than 20% off of their window sticker for those unwanted cars in Australia. Good luck.

Those mp4 at herb chamber are not in the greatest shape especially the white one which is not clear bra and has scratches on the front hood and scrapped on the bottom. They have been trying to sell those mp4 for almost 1 year. Things are not looking good for Mclaren. Even Mclaren Greenwich has more han 8 used ones for sale while they only had 4 for sale 4 months ago. There are a lot of people trading them in for all sorts of problems and you can also tell from the inventories at Newport beach. It is an amzingly fast car but hey build too many and the company screwed their client by slashing more than 20% off of their window sticker for those unwanted cars in Australia. Good luck.

McLaren NB not hurting too badly...wouldn't take one cent off 2015 I told them I wanted to order when able

plus 20k upfront.

I thought I got a good deal at ~$50K off a brand new car six months ago, but seems like it's tanked another $30k since then. Really is the performance bargain right now.

But what impresses me even more is how daily drivable the car is. Suspension is fantastic, great seats, great seating position. IMO it's a much better car than the 458, though not as flamboyant.

McLaren NB not hurting too badly...wouldn't take one cent off 2015 I told them I wanted to order when able

plus 20k upfront.

g-force,

You're smart enough to know that they will be begging you to order the 2015MY once they find themselves up to their eyeballs with unsold 2014's next year.

Lets face it ..... The car isn't bad, but it has not been the sales success that McLaren had hoped for. These dealers are quite a bunch of jokers, all things considered. :huh:

They also know Wayne is the guy who bought a car, wrapped it, then decided that wasn't good enough so he had it painted. When they see Wayne coming they see $$$$$$

Don't let them bend you over Wayne!

g-force,

You're smart enough to know that they will be begging you to order the 2015MY once they find themselves up to their eyeballs with unsold 2014's next year.

Lets face it ..... The car isn't bad, but it has not been the sales success that McLaren had hoped for. These dealers are quite a bunch of jokers, all things considered. :huh:

In addition, you will see more people turning them in once those 2012 warranty expires. Thanks to Mclaren for raising their parts price by more than 100% back in April of this year. I don't understand why Mclaren would screw their customers so much.

In addition, you will see more people turning them in once those 2012 warranty expires. Thanks to Mclaren for raising their parts price by more than 100% back in April of this year. I don't understand why Mclaren would screw their customers so much.

Maybe they have been drinking too much of their own KoolAid™, lol.

I wonder if they are going to have the balls to raise their MSRP on the 2014 models soon? :eusa_think:

g-force,

Maybe?

they are making from what I can determine 7-8 % profit.

I'll hold off. Will get minimal if any options besides Elite paint.

Maybe?

they are making from what I can determine 7-8 % profit.

I'll hold off. Will get minimal if any options besides Elite paint.

Smart move !! ..... Most of the options are just 'fluff' and return nothing when you sell or trade. :)

plus 20k upfront.

Not really an accurate gauge of the real situation, it's happened to me few times, I wanted to custom order with my prefered options but in order for them to move current stock and avoid bringing new inventory they took all the incentives out of the deal on the new car and priced the options out of this world, the Lambo dealer wanted $50k extra for Rosso Vik, combine that with impatiance on the buyers part you always go for what's in front of you, tricks of the trade.

Not really an accurate gauge of the real situation, it's happened to me few times, I wanted to custom order with my prefered options but in order for them to move current stock and avoid bringing new inventory they took all the incentives out of the deal on the new car and priced the options out of this world, the Lambo dealer wanted $50k extra for Rosso Vik, combine that with impatiance on the buyers part you always go for what's in front of you, tricks of the trade.

Won't happen with me...been around the block too many times!

The car is being imported in smaller numbers now so the bleeing will slow down, plus when they introduce the p12 I think it will sell well because the pricepoint will make it available to many more people. That will bring more interest in the MP4.

...... plus when they introduce the p12 I think it will sell well because the pricepoint will make it available to many more people. That will bring more interest in the MP4.

Sales of that price range car (P13) might prove to be a tad difficult when potential buyers realize that 'their dealership' is 800 miles away. McLaren can never increase their network of dealerships to the levels of the competition: Audi R8, Porsche, new NSX. Those stores are all over America and a short trip from anywhere. I seriously doubt McLaren will open enough new dealers to make buyers of a 911 range car comfortable with a purchase, given the fact that most people already know that McLarens do have small issues requiring a dealership to resolve them. (When I advertised my car for sale ... that was the main buyer reluctance.:( )

Sales of that price range car (P13) might prove to be a tad difficult when potential buyers realize that 'their dealership' is 800 miles away. McLaren can never increase their network of dealerships to the levels of the competition: Audi R8, Porsche, new NSX. Those stores are all over America and a short trip from anywhere. I seriously doubt McLaren will open enough new dealers to make buyers of a 911 range car comfortable with a purchase, given the fact that most people already know that McLarens do have small issues requiring a dealership to resolve them. (When I advertised my car for sale ... that was the main buyer reluctance.:( )

McLaren really only needs to add 6-8 more dealers in the US, which is very doable. Look at Lamborghini's US/CA dealer network. It doesn't seem like it, but in reality Lamborghini doesn't have a huge amount of dealers either. Sure, they have 3x as many, but just like McLaren, they are heavily concentrated in small areas like California, New York, and Florida.

If McLaren could just get maybe 4-5 ore in the mid-west/south-east, and 3 more in the west, they'd actually have decent coverage.

Here's Lamborghini's coverage by comparison.

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/dealer-locator/

McLaren really only needs to add 6-8 more dealers in the US, which is very doable. Look at Lamborghini's US/CA dealer network. It doesn't seem like it, but in reality Lamborghini doesn't have a huge amount of dealers either. Sure, they have 3x as many, but just like McLaren, they are heavily concentrated in small areas like California, New York, and Florida.

If McLaren could just get maybe 4-5 ore in the mid-west/south-east, and 3 more in the west, they'd actually have decent coverage.

Here's Lamborghini's coverage by comparison.

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/dealer-locator/

I know what you are saying :)....... but, Lamborghini is NOT trying to sell a lower priced 'volume car' (as the P13 would be). I don't think any of the people who I know that have Boxsters or 911's for example, would be willing to have no truly local dealership available. Also, remember if push came to shove, Lamborghini could resolve 'their problem' by authorizing Audi R8 dealers to perform services on Lamborghini, thereby swelling their dealer service network; McLaren cannot do that.

Great point! I am afraid the performance of p13 will not match 991 turbo s so it is in a tough sector itself.

Also, remember if push came to shove, Lamborghini could resolve 'their problem' by authorizing Audi R8 dealers to perform services on Lamborghini, thereby swelling their dealer service network; McLaren cannot do that.

This :icon_thumleft:

I think McLaren should stop production of the MP4 and move up a notch in the Aventador bracket sub P1 with a brand new radical car, reduce the production volume increase price, they'd be sustainable in terms of dealership numbers and more profitable IMO, getting into the 911 market is a bad idea, that segment is very busy and Porsche is king.

McLaren still doesn't understand what sells an exotic.

I know what you are saying :)....... but, Lamborghini is NOT trying to sell a lower priced 'volume car' (as the P13 would be). I don't think any of the people who I know that have Boxsters or 911's for example, would be willing to have no truly local dealership available. Also, remember if push came to shove, Lamborghini could resolve 'their problem' by authorizing Audi R8 dealers to perform services on Lamborghini, thereby swelling their dealer service network; McLaren cannot do that.

Lower priced and volume are relative terms here. I am under the impression that the P13, while lower prices and high volume, is going to be priced near a 991TT. At the very least it will be $150K and probably more likely be close to $180-200K. This price means it's not going to a typical Boxster or 911 buyer. It's going to be more like an exotic car than a sports car, and will have the support and dealer network of one.

I believe Porsche only sells 2000-3000 911 Turbos per year. If their goals are a few thousand per year, that is manageable with such a dealer network as Lamborghini.

This is just what I expect the P13 to be. I could be wrong, but such if how I hear it described most.

.......... getting into the 911 market is a bad idea, that segment is very busy and Porsche is king.

McLaren still doesn't understand what sells an exotic.

Fortis, you are spot on. :)

McLaren has had a goodly number of teething problems and made many marketing blunders. I wonder if it is due to their financial string pullers: The Kingdoms of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. :shock:

P.S. Jmiggs ...... All the talk about the P13 was that it would be sub-150k car. Now that McLaren is hooked up with Honda, there is talk that the new NSX and this P13 are cousins of sorts..... If they get to the 200k level with the P13, that's too close to a 12C in price, isn't it ??

Great point! I am afraid the performance of p13 will not match 991 turbo s so it is in a tough sector itself.

Nothing ever does, bang for buck.

Though that hasn't stopped cars with equal and higher prices and less or equal performance from selling. AMG, Aston Martin, Ferrari, and Lamborghini to name a few. Someone, somewhere will buy a $200K 458 or an LP570 next year instead of a 991 Turbo S, even though the Turbo S will be less and way better performance-wise. Someone, somewhere will buy a 458 Special instead of a GT3 RS that's less than half the price.

If the P1 looks good and the performance "good enough," it can potentially sell well and meet sales goals. After all, in 2014/15, all cars will be just as fast from 0 to realistic speeds. Even giant sedans will hit mid-3s 0-60 and 11.X in the 1/4 mile. It's just gotta be a good looking car with a little wider of a dealer network.

Performance is becoming marginalized. The 12C, Aventador, and 991TT already have borderline unusable first and second gears. I have a hard time getting high into the revs without having to look around to make sure I don't get a ticket. Start from a realistic 10-15mph on the street, slam the gas, and you're already going 30-40mph over the speed limit on anything but an expressway, and even then another 2 seconds and you're 30mph over those too.