Navy Yard DC shooting

Roman

I've seen everything from 1-3 shooters to 2-6 dead. Regardless it is a tragedy. My thoughts are with those who were wounded or killed,

I am near Quantico building but actually off base right now so its crazy to think about that happening at a Govt facility so close. Been trying to think if I know anyone that actually works in the Navy yard and I'm sure I do. Hopefully its on the low end of fatalities and they catch/kill the bastards.

My co-worker has a few friends that work there from his days in the Navy. They all were in the NCO's house so they were locked down with the family and then evacuated promptly.

Very sad day. My thoughts and prayers to the families. This is just more fuel for the whole gun debate in this country :eusa_wall:

Very sad day. My thoughts and prayers to the families. This is just more fuel for the whole mental health debate in this country :eusa_wall:

Fixed.

Very sad day. My thoughts and prayers to the families. This is just more fuel for the whole gun debate in this country :eusa_wall:

This should have no bearing on the gun control debate but I am afraid you are right. The gun control nuts are going to try and say that trained people shouldn't be allowed with guns either.

Fixed.

I completely agree with you, yet sadly the media is not going to see it that way...Now if we could some how "fix" that we'd be in better shape :eusa_think:

This should have no bearing on the gun control debate but I am afraid you are right. The gun control nuts are going to try and say that trained people shouldn't be allowed with guns either.

:iamwithstupid:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nbc-news-report...weapons-charge/

Apparently this bonehead was arrested a few years back on firearm charges.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

The media effect has begun :eusa_wall:

Dude with mental issues commits murder. THAT is the story here.

:iamwithstupid:

Dude with mental issues commits murder. THAT is the story here.

For all you guys that want to know HOW I know he has mental issues it is quite simple.

Dude walks in to work and calmly starts murdering people with (insert weapon of choice, I.E. Car, knife, hammer, gun, black gun, big scary black gun, boyscout 22, pocket knife, AIDs, communicable dieseases...ETC) dude is crazy. It is as simple as that. Normal people don't start murdering other people unless they are unstable.

Oh and another thing. I trace this mental illness back to everyone being coddled and told they are special. If we stopped telling every single person that they are special and to be respected as if THEY are the most valuable person in the world then we would have less people snapping when they are laid off/fired and thinking they should have kept their job while others lost theirs.

Don't get me wrong every life is sacred and should be treated with respect. However not every person is as smart or as capable or as good as other people out there. However all through life and school they are taught that their opinion matters and their skills are just as good as their fellow mans. Guess what...NOT TRUE. I work with plenty of people that are WAY smarter then me...I also work with plenty of people who are WAY dumber then me. I don't for a second think I am the end all be all at work and if I was suddenly laid off it was a great injustice to me.

Don't get me wrong every life is sacred and should be treated with respect. However not every person is as smart or as capable or as good as other people out there. However all through life and school they are taught that their opinion matters and their skills are just as good as their fellow mans. Guess what...NOT TRUE. I work with plenty of people that are WAY smarter then me...I also work with plenty of people who are WAY dumber then me. I don't for a second think I am the end all be all at work and if I was suddenly laid off it was a great injustice to me.

:iamwithstupid: No one is "owed" anything and no one is "exempt" either...life is not fair and the world does not care.

And Piece of Shit Pierce has the asshole comment of the story...

"He legally purchased the AR-15 shotgun in Virginia."

And Piece of Shit Pierce has the asshole comment of the story...

"He legally purchased the AR-15 shotgun in Virginia."

I saw that and was going to comment. In the same story on CNN. I saw that he had an AR-15, an AR-15 type rifle, an AR-15 Shotgun, 3 weapons including a shotgun and 2 handguns he may have taken off of guards.

Who knows...maybe he really did have an AR-15 type shotgun. ATI was selling 20ga AR-15 uppers awhile back.

CNN is finally starting to clean their mess up:

HIS WEAPONS

What we know: Federal law enforcement sources say authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including one -- a shotgun -- that investigators believe he brought in to the compound. The other two weapons -- handguns -- the sources say, may have been taken from guards.

What we don't know: The sources, who have detailed knowledge of the investigation, cautioned that initial investigation information that an AR-15 rifle was used may have been incorrect. It is believed that Alexis had rented an AR-15, but returned it before Monday morning's shootings. Authorities are still investigating precisely how many weapons Alexis had access to and when.

CNN is finally starting to clean their mess up:

CNN, once again, the punch line among news sources. They'll never really be able to clean up their mess until they stop pushing agendas and their editorial slant.