Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not quite. I hit up the store for some kebab supplies though.

e4b02bc3-0f75-4d07-878b-954931c79c1d_zps5f15e032.jpg

Lamb kebab wrapped in lamb bacon should be interesting. Notice the only pork in the picture is Iberico. That's to snack on, not Kebab.

311a49e0-b39c-44d5-9146-6a7d2e6d52ef_zps27ead4e2.jpg

Duck and quail should be good. Prime short ribs looked really good. I have no idea what my wife plans on doing with the duck feet.

IMAG0286_zpsdd70543f.jpg

This made me think about a couple LP members, I passed. I've tried both and wasn't impressed.

IMAG0278_zpse294e707.jpg

I already have plenty of ground beef, venison, lamb, and of course pork (which I may or may not use). All this is for next week. Should be good. Hope everything turns out good for you Modo.

Jesus, what zoo do you shop at?? The goat should be amazing, Let me know how you make that.

Love the lamb idea as well, going to see where I can source the lamb bacon. I had Iberico ham every day when I was in Spain, my lips were permanently glossy.

Jesus, what zoo do you shop at?? The goat should be amazing, Let me know how you make that.

Love the lamb idea as well, going to see where I can source the lamb bacon. I had Iberico ham every day when I was in Spain, my lips were permanently glossy.

Jungle Jim's is definitely a zoo (they even have a fully functional monorail). They have Iberico lardo, chorizo, and merguez. Here's a few pics of the zoo.

Boar's head deli

IMAG0257_zpsfea5ee0c.jpg

Worlds largest cheese selection.

IMAG0258_zpsc4f20503.jpg

IMAG0259_zps07c10f60.jpg

IMAG0260_zps2f189066.jpg

IMAG0262_zps8dc6dc48.jpg

IMAG0264_zpsda7b9b87.jpg

Crazy meat selection.

IMAG0261_zpsa1698458.jpg

IMAG0265_zps45113826.jpg

IMAG0266_zps29481e83.jpg

IMAG0276_zps705de94e.jpg

IMAG0277_zps776f10d3.jpg

Pre cut grade A foie gras? Yes please. Still illegal in Cali?

IMAG0279_zpsa94d6878.jpg

Largest hot sauce selection in the world.

IMAG0283_zps65c0200c.jpg

Pics for Jirre.

IMAG0284_zps15e28452.jpg

IMAG0272_zps95c2062a.jpg

What you see in those pics is about 5% of the store. There are whole rooms themed around countries that contain everything imported from the theme location. They have an indoor fish farm, great wine selection, and fresh exotic fruits and veggies from around the world. The place is nuts.

Here's the lamb bacon. It's incredible. Best BLT ever.

Holy crap I wish we had a store like that here. Is it a chain or just one store?

They just opened a sister location on the other side of town, but no, it is not a chain. It started as a fruit stand on the side of the road thirty years ago. Pretty amazing. I've been shopping there for the last twenty years. Watching it grow and expand has been pretty cool. Jim Bonanno, the owner, dresses up in goofy costumes and spends a lot of time just walking around and talking to everyone.

They just opened a sister location on the other side of town, but no, it is not a chain. It started as a fruit stand on the side of the road thirty years ago. Pretty amazing. I've been shopping there for the last twenty years. Watching it grow and expand has been pretty cool. Jim Bonanno, the owner, dresses up in goofy costumes and spends a lot of time just walking around and talking to everyone.

That's great. Love to hear of small business growth like that. Really an astounding place. Went and their site and saw they even sell fresh hops?!?

They have Thadig, call head and tell them you want it with a side of ghormeh sabzi.

What's wrong with you? Tadigh with khoresht ghaimeh. Khak bar sar et!

null_zps4bc448d3.jpg

Tried it. Put veggies for variety. Cooking as we speak. Have more meat marinating. After first couple trays done will do all meat.

What's wrong with you? Tadigh with khoresht ghaimeh. Khak bar sar et!

I know, I know. Can we call it a truce and go half and half?? Its just my moms is so much better I cant have ghaimeh anywhere else.

ps. Khak bar sar et, is exactly why Farsi is such a beautiful language. The amount of thought and poetry that goes into something that we use on a daily basis. Loosely translated "may your head be cover by the dirt from the graves of your loved ones" God damn that's some heavy shit. LOL. Phrases like these just don't exist in English, its just so colorful.

null_zps4bc448d3.jpg

Tried it. Put veggies for variety. Cooking as we speak. Have more meat marinating. After first couple trays done will do all meat.

Looks great, I like the veggies separate on there own skewer since they cook at a different temp and time.

Had no chance to look for kebab this weekend :(

Next weekend.

I had some Friday night, and couldn't handle having it Sunday. On Friday I made some salmon and ahi tuna kabobs that came out awesome.

You guys are all doing it wrong. It looks like imma have to teach you all..

Be honest, have you ever even made it at home?? I dare say you cant spell it or cook it.

Ive lived in cincinnati all 31 years of my life and have only stepped foot in jungle jims once. Both locations are on the opposite sides of the city and i rarely make it out there. Will have to check out the Eastgate location by you Audibull sometime soon. Ive only been to the Route 4 location. The stores are gigantic.

Looks great, I like the veggies separate on there own skewer since they cook at a different temp and time.

I shall try that the next time I barbeque! Tasted great too!